Dole Whip, Ears and a whole lot of Magic!

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
Hello Everyone. I’m Charlene and I am 41. Hubby is Brian (44) and we have been together for 24 years and married for 13 years. We have 2 sons (B) 19 and (T) 17 and we live in the UK.

Hubby and had I our first trip to Florida and WDW in 1996 when we were teenagers, at the same time but separately with our families. We shared a day together at Epcot.

We then returned with our sons in 2011 and again in 2016. We also visited Disneyland Paris for our Honeymoon in 2009. I will attempt to include a link to my Trip Report from 2016, but I am struggling to remember how to include links and photos!

(1) *** Return to the World *** PTR | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (not sure if i have done it right?)

DLP2009.jpg

This is us in 2009!

DLP2009Minnie.jpg
My first time meeting Minnie in 2009!

Castle2011.jpg
My fave pic ever!! 2011

MM2011.jpg

LM2016.jpg

MM2016.jpg
One more. This one is from our last trip in 2016.
We are returning in about 7 weeks and I am so excited – I cannot wait! SPOILER ALERT – the boys didn’t want to come – so it’s just the two of us!

We are staying offsite again, due to costs. We will stay onsite one day! Hubby has refused to drive this time and I don’t blame him as I won’t drive out there! So this will be our first time without a car and we will be using LYFT/UBER.

ESTAs done, park days reserved and just started booking ADRs. We were only looking to book 3 (Oga’s, Hoop de doo and Whispering Canyon). We would have considered booking Garden Grill again for breakfast as this was thoroughly enjoyed by all on our last visit, but at this time this is unavailable. We have managed to book the 3 ADR’s but I am hoping to change dates/times if poss. I did consider booking a dessert party as we haven’t done this before, but I really cannot justify the price.

We are doing Disney and Universal again this trip. Next time I really want to try and do Discovery Cove – it’s on the Wishlist along with a Disney Cruise!

I am going to try and upload a copy of our plans, but I am going to end this here for now, as this is actually the second time I have started writing this trip report - I accidently deleted it the first time:oops:. Thanks for reading :tongue:

Monday 31stTuesday 1stWednesday 2ndThursday 3rdFriday 4thSaturday 5thSunday 6th
Travel to AirportArrival Day(Hollywood Studios)(Epcot)(Magic Kingdom)(Animal Kingdom)(Magic Kingdom)
HotelDisney SpringsHollywood StudiosEpcotMagic KingdomTyphoon LagoonIslands of Adventure
Check in from 150010am-11pm9am-9pm9am-9pm9am-10pm
Disney Springs

10am-1130pm
Oga's 750pmHoop Dee Doo 830pm
Whispering Canyon
810pm
Cowfish 8pm
Monday 7thTuesday 8thWednesday 9thThursday 10thFriday 11thSaturday 12thSunday 13th
(Hollywood Studios)(Hollywood Studios)(Epcot)(Epcot)(Hollywoood Studios)(Animal Kingdom)(Magic Kingdom)
Hollywood StudiosUniversal StudiosVolcano BayEpcotIOA/USAnimal KingdomMagic Kingdom
9am-9pmToothsome 3pmOutlets9am-9pmToothsome 230pm9am-7pm9am-10pm
Monday 14thTuesday 15thWednesday
(Hollywood Studios)(Magic Kingdom)Arrive Home
Volcano Bay orDeparture Day
Typhoon Lagoon

Hmm, I couldn't figure out how to upload my Plan via Excel, so I tried to copy and paste it, so I am not sure how it will look. Anyway, these are our current plans. Park reservations, with Plans for the day underneath. Dining reservations booked are in green. We are looking at changing Hoop dee doo for Sunday 13th if possible. I was also hoping to get a later Oga's reservation on Monday 7th but I was at work on a call at 11am and by the time I checked there was nothing available so I am thankful I managed to get the original ADR. But I will keep checking. I am also considering trying to change Whispering Canyon to Monday 14th if possible.

After our last visit, I am very aware that plans are just that - plans and not set in stone. Though I feel it will be much easier to manage with just the two of us this time. I am sad that the boys didn't want to come and of course we will miss them, but neither of them cope well with the heat and it is lot of money to spend if they aren't going to enjoy themselves :confused3 We may do park open to park close on some days, half day on others, or not go to the parks until the afternoon - we will go with the flow. However, I am very much we can rest when we get home - didn't spend all this money to 'rest' :banana::rotfl2:

DH and I just returned from a trip just the two of us. It was awesome! Have a great time!

Hello. I am so pleased you had a great time! How long did you visit for? Any highlights or tips you'd like to share?

We did four nights. It was glorious. Highlights: travel was totally smooth. Lovely dinner at Jaleo. Wandering for hours through world showcase (no one whining.) sleeping in one days. Monorail tour. Sitting at pool in a hammock. Sampling at food and wine. Feeling 20 years younger bc no one else to take care of! My guiding question when we weren’t sure what to do: what will the kids never want to do with us?

We did four nights. It was glorious. Highlights: travel was totally smooth. Lovely dinner at Jaleo. Wandering for hours through world showcase (no one whining.) sleeping in one days. Monorail tour. Sitting at pool in a hammock. Sampling at food and wine. Feeling 20 years younger bc no one else to take care of! My guiding question when we weren’t sure what to do: what will the kids never want to do with us?
It all sounds wonderful! Especially no one whining 😂
I cannot wait to sample food at Food and Wine 😋

It's been a busy week at work, plus my Husband's Gran was admitted to hospital - she's home now recovering thank goodness. We also had my Mum's puppy for the weekend, so I haven't stopped! (He's nearly 6 months, a Miniature Yorkshire Terrier, his name is Jack and he is ADORABLE!)

Jack.jpg
307528223_10160058399854609_4718009383396758184_n.jpg
So, I've swapped a few reservations with the help of ***********. I was a little frustrated this morning as I woke to an alert from 1230am regards HDDR for 12th that I am after, but I will keep trying.

We now have Ogas at 9.25pm on Mon 7th, which is our second Hollywood Studies day. I am happy with this as we did have it originally for our first full day and I was unsure how tired we would be in the evening. Additionally I have heard that the later you come out of Ogas, the less crowded Galaxy's Edge will be and perfect for photos. Although, if the park closes at 9pm, and our reservation is at 9.25pm, will there be any Photopass photographers still out?

I have also changed Hoop Dee Doo from our first Magic Kingdom Day, to Sat 12th 830pm which is our only planned Animal Kingdom Day, but I am still hoping we may be able to get a reservation for Sun 13th which is our second Magic Kingdom Day. If we can't, I may look at changing Whispering Canyon to the 13th, and go to Animal Kingdom for a few hours on Sat 5th before Typhoon Lagoon.
I am really hoping that 1) it is still warm enough for a water park in November and 2) that TL is actually open as there are no park hours released and I have heard rumours that once Blizzard Beach has re opened, TL will be closed for refurb...

I have printed our covid passes, and I tried to print our ESTAs, but I couldn't access for some reason. I don't think I have ever printed them before, but people often do, so I guess I just want to cover everything. I did take a screenshot on my phone once they had been approved.

I am trying to decide whether to maybe book another Dining Experience/restaurant but can't decide....did look at Sanaa as I would love to look around that resort, but nothing on the menu really appeals to me.
There are plenty of quick service snacks/drinks that we want to try including: blue/green milk, ronto wraps, casey's corn dog nuggets, carrot cake cookie, cheeseburger spring rolls, Lefou's Brew, the grey stuff, ALL the DOLEWHIPS! and most things at Food and Wine.....
....so actually I'm not sure we need another table service meal... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
We are also hoping to try Homecomin' and off course Gideons...:confused3:confused3:confused3

I have made a countdown which I will try and upload if I can - 43 days to go - so excited!:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Epcot2016.jpg

Don't think I added this last time - another fave from 2016.

I have attempted to upload my countdown...not sure if it will work... :confused3

Attachments

• Countdown - Countdown (1).pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 2
That countdown is so cute. How did you do it?
Thank you :) Just a table on Excel. I'm just getting my head around Excel as I am not very technological!
I have about 10 pages on my workbook, a page for each park, and lots of notes lol.

So, we still haven't managed to change Hoop De Doo to Sun 13th, so I have resigned myself to the fact it may not happen. BUT I am still happy that we have a reservation :) I have a second Whispering Canyon reservation on Mon 14th, so will cancel the one on Sat 5th if we cannot get HDDR on 13th. We will go to AK on Sat 5th and see how we get on. I think we will be tried and need a rest after landing Tues, HS Weds, EP Thurs and MK Fri - but hey we can rest at home!

Hubby and I watched the Lion King Musical/stage show at the Theatre last night and wow - it was absolutely stunning. I was blown away by how amazing it was. I love the Lion King Show at AK but this was another level.

I have attached a copy of my updated plan.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Plan.png
    Plan.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
Apologies for the delay in updating. Lots of different things have been going on that I won't bore you with!

Managed to change Hoop De Doo to Sun 13th on our MK day so very pleased with that. So then cancelled Whispering Canyon on the Mon 14th and we will go there on Sat 5th. Hoping to get a walk up to Homecomin'/sit at the bar on Mon 14th after a waterpark. Originally we were going to TL or VB again but as BB will be re opened- will probably visit there unless too cold lol.

Finally started packing and got my nails done yesterday. 20221029_185031.jpg

I couldn't work out how to continue typing under my photo!

Attestation forms are done, dollars purchased. Downloaded uber and lyft. I think we have done everything we need to. We will be leaving around 1pm tomorrow to drive to Hotel near Heathrow, ready for our flight on Tues.
Exciting!!

Screenshot_20221030-043729_Countdown.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter