Dollar Email

katallo

DIS Veteran
We are not using Dollar this trip but wanted to share:

We’ve changed our Visa card policy.
At Dollar, it’s our goal to be as communicative as possible. That’s why we want to share a new policy change with you. We’ve updated our Visa credit and debit card authorization to include holds for $200 and $500, respectively, plus the cost of the rental, effective April 13, 2023.

Specific to debit cards, we will determine qualifications via a soft credit check, which does not impact your credit score in any way. We’ve made this decision based on best practices to help ensure we can continue to provide you and your loved ones with a seamless experience.​

They must be having and issue with VISA. Makes no sense. Renting a car is beginning to be the worst part of vacations!
The funny thing is the reservation I had with Hertz (that I can no longer access because of “site issues” )has a visa cardholder promo code. I just got an email from carrental savers saying that Hertz is not honoring certain promo codes which drastically changed the price of their rental on “some” reservations and now this email…I bet the two are related somehow

Looking at the reaction on FlyerTalk and reading between the lines, I'm guessing some contract ended between Hertz and Visa. It appears there has been a $200 authorization hold placed on MasterCard for quite a while and this brings the Visa policy in line with that. May also be the issue with the Visa cardholder rate no longer being honored. This happened last year or the year before with lots of codes, most notably the MouseSavers one.

Looking at the reaction on FlyerTalk and reading between the lines, I'm guessing some contract ended between Hertz and Visa. It appears there has been a $200 authorization hold placed on MasterCard for quite a while and this brings the Visa policy in line with that. May also be the issue with the Visa cardholder rate no longer being honored. This happened last year or the year before with lots of codes, most notably the MouseSavers one.
That was my exact thought when the issues came around with the email concerning the promo code etc, then this email specifically mentioning Visa cards. It all makes sense, I just wish they(Hertz) had said something to me the multiple times I spoke with them lol

We had a similar issue with Dollar. Used Amex and there was a $200 hold on it. We also had a Hertz reservation that we could t access so we went with Dollar. This was on April 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter