Dolphin and Swan

O

OrlandoDisney

Is it true that the Swan and Dolphin Resorts cast member-employees are going on strike this weekend?

Please help me

...according to what "they" say (so take it for what it's worth), yeah, there's a good chance it's headed in that direction.

That said, I can remember several times when it sure looked as though strike was inevitable but a last-minute agreement was reached.

Just like Disney's posted park hours, currently available strike information might not be accurate once the date in question actually arrives...

Jeff

PS: Man, even _I_ think that was a cheap shot... the things I'll do to make myself laugh...

...it would appear to be Starwood, it has to do with gauranteed hours, and Starwood is the managing entity. It's the Teamsters, apparently, and there's some speculation that they might call on other Teamsters to support the strike; which could mean WDW would be more widely affected than "Swan and Dolphin" would suggest.

It doesn't really seem all that likely, to me. These things have a long history of coming down to the last minute. I believe if Starwood so much as sits down to talk, again, that a strike won't happen.

Wait and see, wait and see.

Jeff

PS: I ripped off this link from a jjcollins post on the Resort Board, thanks, from one JJ to another...OrSen link

They voted yesterday to strike this weekend, unless the management group starts negotiating again? I wasn't sure on that point. The contract covers 400 of the 2000 hotel employees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter