Dolphins in Depth v. Discovery Cove

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
Does anyone have any experience with Dolphins in Depth at WDW? I can't seem to find too much info on it. We are considering Discovery Cove, but wanted to know if Dolphins in Depth was a similar experience. Anyone know?:confused:

I have never experienced Discovery Cove, but as I understand it, it provides a full day experience where you spend a significant amount of time in the water, some of that swimming with dolphins. Dolphins in Depth is an approximately three-and-a-half hour program at the Living Seas which educates you on dolphins and the research at the Living Seas, and provides a briefer dolphin encounter where you enter the water and interact with the dolphins, but do not swim with them. I recently posted a report on my experience with the Dolphins in Depth program, and you might find that helpful:

Dolphins in Depth Report

So which is better? I think both Discovery Cove and Dolphins in Depth are probably great experiences for those interested in dolphins and marine life. To take maximum advantage of Discovery Cove, I think that you would need to dedicate at least a day of your time to Sea World. Dolphins in Depth however can be experienced in a few hours while remaining on site. (Discovery Cove is also a bit more expensive, but sounds like a good deal for what you get, especially if you can spend a couple of days at Sea World.) So, I think it just depends on what you are looking for and how much time you have.

Whichever you choose, enjoy meeting the dolphins! :earsboy:

You might want to check out the Sea World Board for more info and reviews of Discovery Cove. It is pretty expensive (about $240 pp adult) but there's more to do there than just swimming with the dolphins - they have a coral reef and a stingray pool you can snorkel in as well as a free-flight aviary. Lunch is included as well as a 7 day pass to Sea World. We're going in May, I can't wait!

I did discovery cove. You only have approx. 30 minutes with a dolphin and you are in a group of approx. 8 people. After your experience with the dolphin you then can spend the remainder of the day at the other parts of dc. Lunch is included as well as free admission to SW. If you are planning on spending at least two days at SW then it is well worth the money. My son enjoyed his interaction with the dolphin and wants to go again but I will only go if I will be spending some time at SW as well. One thing that a lot of people say, the water is very cold but you do get used to it once you get in.

You really do get to swim with a dolphin. Each family is brought out to deeper water and you interact with the dolphin and then the dolphin will go to shore and interact with the remainder of the group that is onshore. Then the dolphin goes back out and brings each person back in while you are holding onto the dolphin. I got to kiss the dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter