Don't be afraid of Hilton Parc Soleil timeshare tour

holden

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a great experience at Hilton Parc Soleil. We were offered a great deal by Hilton (3 nights for $99 total) if we attended a 2hr. timeshare presentation. The resort is great and the timeshare presentation was painless. They said 2hrs. and they stuck with that amount of time. There was no pressure to buy. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great deal.

You know, I could probably sit through a timeshare presentation if they did it pool side with complimentary margaritas.

Having done about 20 of these, the name brand timeshare companies are usually fine, with little presure to buy. Just give them your 90-120 minutes and enjoy the free breakfast and attraction tickets!

not sure about in the states but when we did then in Cancun they offered us free drinks...pretty sure they do this cause they figure if you have had a few drinks you are more likely to buy lol

Sadly, no free drinks other than coffee, water, etc. They did offer breakfast, but we passed so we could be finished more quickly.

No free tix either, but we did receive a $100 Hilton voucher that we can use toward a stay at any Hilton.

That's good to know. We've done a couple of timeshare trips and the majority have been high pressure, but we have had one or two that easily took "no" for an answer.

Just wondering...did you receive an invitation for your package or is this something that anyone can book?

You have to be invited and i'm not sure how you get on their lists. If you rent you may also get a call. After 12 strike out sessions with Marriott (we never bought) we are now banned for life by them!

Holden, Can you give some more info on the 2 hour timeshare part? :confused3 We are got the 3 nights for $150 to stay at the Parc Soleil, flying down next week. I am kind of dreading the 2 hour timeshare talk!

We leave tomorrow and do the tour on Monday early - I too am dreading would love to hear more details - do they take no easily? I am not buying we own DVC and love it!!

I would try to upgrade from a studio if that's what you're booked into. I wasn't impressed with the studio room. I've also read that they might have you stay at another Hilton property and just give you the tour at Parc Soleil.

We were supposed to be booked at DTD Hilton, but was full so they booked us at the Parc Soleil. Not sure if we have a 1 bedroom or a studio? :confused3

Holden, Can you give some more info on the 2 hour timeshare part? :confused3 We are got the 3 nights for $150 to stay at the Parc Soleil, flying down next week. I am kind of dreading the 2 hour timeshare talk!

It's no big deal. Here is an agenda for you:

• Sign in
  • Grab something to eat and wait at table
  • Rep comes over and introduces his/herself
  • Get to know you, how do you vacation, family info
  • Show the hilton history (or marriott)
  • Walk around, look at pictures of other resorts
  • See model of future resort, when timeshare is completed
  • Tour the resort (on a golf cart)
  • See a room
  • Back to Reps desk
  • Show advantages of program (can trade)
  • Rep does "fuzzy math" on why you are wasting tons of money vacationing the way you are (they never factor in the maint. fees).
  • Throw in extras to get you to buy now (points).
  • you say "no"
  • Reps manager comes over, may throw in another extra.
  • You still say "no"
  • Rep says goodbye
  • You sign a form saying you attended.
  • Pick up your free attraction tickets
  • back to the pool

See, that wasn't so bad.
Get an appointment first thing (7:30am) and have it all behind you by 9am. Don't ask a lot of questions to keep things moving. Have a good reason you won't buy like your kids are in college but consider if you really want to be pulled off the list. If you say "not right now but maybe in the future" they'll call back and you get another visit next year!
Jeff

We did tour this morning - not much pressure. Wes was our salesperson. Presented info very quick tour. We said "no" a few times waited to tell next person "no" she made a counter offer which was appealing. They do offer an appealing package. Maybe in the future for us just not now. As far as resort goes it is very nice. That said we had to visit Disney resort too. I will definitely come again if offered.

Thanks Jeff! We are heading down on Saturday, actually staying at the Parc Soleil, tour is scheduled for Sunday at 8AM! I am ready! :thumbsup2

OMG! I called the 1800 number on the Doubletree website so I could ask them a few questions before deciding between hotels and they offered this package to me! The rep is on hold while I research and make a decision!

Having done about 20 of these, the name brand timeshare companies are usually fine, with little presure to buy. Just give them your 90-120 minutes and enjoy the free breakfast and attraction tickets!
That is NOT true of Wyndham. Wyndham is a fine timeshare system (I'm an owner and I like the system and resorts), but their sales force is one of the sleaziest in a rather sleazy industry. If you go over to the TUG Wyndham discussion group, you'll read some amusing Wyndham sales weasel anecdotes.

Hilton, Marriott, DVC and probably some others are usually low pressure, but Wyndham is certainly not.

The worst timeshare presentation I've heard of in the Orlando area is Westgate. I've read several posts here on the DIS about people being picked up at their hotel and then being refused transportation back when they didn't buy! They had to take cabs. That's pretty low-rent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter