Don't be afraid of Hilton Parc Soleil timeshare tour

That is NOT true of Wyndham. Wyndham is a fine timeshare system (I'm an owner and I like the system and resorts), but their sales force is one of the sleaziest in a rather sleazy industry. If you go over to the TUG Wyndham discussion group, you'll read some amusing Wyndham sales weasel anecdotes.

Hilton, Marriott, DVC and probably some others are usually low pressure, but Wyndham is certainly not.

The worst timeshare presentation I've heard of in the Orlando area is Westgate. I've read several posts here on the DIS about people being picked up at their hotel and then being refused transportation back when they didn't buy! They had to take cabs. That's pretty low-rent!

I've never done the Wyndham one, nor do I plan to, and I stay as a guest at Bonnet Creek every year :) The secret here is to avoid the "parking pass". It serves no functional purpose other than to get you into the sales people's hands.

I can verify that Westgate is pretty horrible. I did one of these 12 years ago and vowed to never do so again. I stopped staying at Westgate properties entirely 4 years ago, but that is another story. It is totally NOT worth your time/effort to do a Westgate sales pitch.

For the most interesting look at Westgate as a company, watch the queen of versailles documentary on Netflix of the owning family. Fascinating entertainment but not a good ad for the company and the timeshare business!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter