Don't You Dare Hurt Your Foot !!

Showe

DIS Veteran
Heres my story: Part 1: My 10-yr DS has Sever's disease ( heel problem that recurs and usually requires casting). He has been out of a cast now for almost 7 months... :thumbsup2 When he is overly active the heel problem can recur and if it gets too painful back in a cast he goes. So, needless to say DH and I have preached to this poor boy to not hurt his foot. We leave for WDW on 2/10 and I told him WDW is no place to be with a cast.

Part 2: Since booking our trip we have included the kids grandparents (my parents) to come along. Both are in their mid 60-s and have never, ever been anywhere. NEver flown, etc. DF has rheumatoid arthritis BAD. He is just now getting over a terrible flare and for sometime was actually immobile and barely ambulatory. Now that he is feeling better, I have kept on him about keeping healthy for this trip. His feet and legs are the worst and DH and I have told him to not overdo it so he doesn't hurt his feet. I told him I was going to get him an ECV for our days at the parks - but of course he says he doesn't need it. Yeah, we'll see about that. ::yes::

So far so good. No hurt legs, no casts, and arthritic flares. We leave in 15-Days.

Part 3: Two days ago DH wakes up and cannot walk. Long story short, partial torn Achilles heel. HOLY CRAP. I said "don't don't you dare hurt your foot"...just told the wrong "child". :eek:

So off we go in 15 days to WDW with DH in a removable (thank God) walking cast-like thing. He calls his Robo-boot.

I only hope we can pull this off before somethign else happens or someone gets sick .... I hope the kids washed their hands before lunch today...................... :eek:

Thanks for listening.... !

Good luck! tell your father he may need an ecv because you won't have enough people to push all the potential wheelchairs! Golly - good thing your DH's tendon is only partially torn - - otherwise the trip could have been off for him!!

I hope you guys have good weather and manage to relax a bit!!! :goodvibes

Wow. You need a vacation. Hope things go well for your family (and everyone stays healthy).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter