Dooney & bourke Disney collaboration part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that is the hard part about not being able to be there and purchase them in person....I mean I will probably use it but it definitely did not excite me like the Sketch and black Wonder totes did when I received them. The other part I don't care for is the straps are actually attached to the fabric on the purse, rather than a leather strip...I have a feeling it is going to tear or become stressed over time with lots of use.

I thought the same thing. I thought my large white sketch tote was of very good quality, but I'm with you about the letter carrier - it just seems a bit flimy. I have a Coach swingpack and was expecting it to be similar to that. My main purpose for the letter carrier will be to use in the parks, and I think it will be fine for that, but I wasn't that impressed with the quality.

I'm wondering if you think the letter carrier would be a good "light" park purse. Is there enough room for the important stuff like tickets, camera, wallet, etc?

Now I'm really puzzled. We are heading to Disneyland next month. I had planned on picking out my own purse while there. I am trying to decide between second edition Cindy med. sketch, and a black Micky shoulder bag style.

Is anyone heading to DL in the near future? I hope they get all the styles. Still don't understand why the 1st edition had both WDW and DL on the print and then they don't sell them at DL? :confused3

I'm wondering if you think the letter carrier would be a good "light" park purse. Is there enough room for the important stuff like tickets, camera, wallet, etc?
Yes, more than enough room.
I've been using my crossbody every day since I got it 2 weeks ago and love it. I carry my wallet, keys, pen, hand sanitizer, and iPhone in it with room to spare.
It IS a lighter material, but I don't think of it as flimsy at all. As far as the skinnier strap, I prefer that since it's going across the body. The leather is very soft.

You can definitely fit tickets, cell phone, and a few small items. As for a wallet, I think it depends on the wallet. I tend to use a small, slim almost-wallet (like a Coach mini skinny) for that purpose - just enough space for a credit card, drivers' license, park ticket, and some cash. I don't carry my regular wallet in the parks because I don't need all that with me. Something small would fit fine in the letter carrier. A large wallet, like a checkbook size wallet, would be too big, I think. Camera is the same thing - a small camera may fit in there, but not a large one. It's also a relatively thin canvas, with thin leather straps sewn to it. I haven't tested it, but I wouldn't want to pack it full of heavy stuff because I don't know how sturdy it would be, and I don't want it to be too bulky.

Letter carrier purse just arrived.....I have to say that I am not overly excited about the quality. I think it is pretty flimsy...including the leather strap. My Coach swing packs are much better quality. I do like the tan print and placement on the purse. I think if I would have been there to purchase it in person I would have passed on it.

You know, I was looking on Zappo's this morning to see if they had a similar style to see what the inside looked like, etc and to be honest based on the pictures, this isn't even a letter carrier style. It looks more like the Triple Zip. The Letter Carrier style has a flat bottom and looks like it would hold more.

I'm actually a little disappointed since I had hoped for a cross body bag. I'll look at them when I go next week and decide then, but I'm thinking I'll be just getting a wristlet to match my sketch tote.

You know, I was looking on Zappo's this morning to see if they had a similar style to see what the inside looked like, etc and to be honest based on the pictures, this isn't even a letter carrier style. It looks more like the Triple Zip. The Letter Carrier style has a flat bottom and looks like it would hold more.

I'm actually a little disappointed since I had hoped for a cross body bag. I'll look at them when I go next week and decide then, but I'm thinking I'll be just getting a wristlet to match my sketch tote.

you're right. now that you mention it, i had purchased a dooney triple zip in the plaid fabric before christmas from macy's. it was much less expensive than this one and i thought it was really cute, but when i got it home, i realized it was more flat than the other dooney letter carriers so i returned it. the plaid was really pretty but the fabric was much thinner than the typical dooney signature fabric. so i guess this is really the triple zip. ah well, it is still a cute bag as long as you don't need to carry that much. i wonder what patterns will come out next???

What does that pouchette retail at, again?

Thanks you guys.

Can a pouchette be worn on the shoulder at all, or no?

LOL! I know....all the stinking questions.

I thought there was a picture on the other thread that someone posted with it on their shoulder. I guess it depends on your body size. I don't think it would work on me, but I'm not a small person with skinny arms. Most of the shorter strap purses do not work for me at all. I do okay with the medium sketch tote, but it is still almost to short.

i am about average size and i tried the pouchette on. it fit but without much room to spare. probably not over a jacket although i didn't try it. i ended up sending it back. the pouchettes are very cute, but i didn't think i would end up using it. if you are a small person, and if you don't need a big bag, that would be fine. also, i felt like there was not much body to the fabric, a bit thinner than i expected. guess i will stick with my wonder tassel and cindy totes for the most use for now. hope this helps!:)

Here is the pic I posted of the pouchette on my shoulder. Not much room, but can be done, and it kind of tucks under your arm nicely. I would not be able to do this with a jacket on however.
IMG_0903-1.jpg

Here is a pic of my "collection" - the pouchette hanging from my arm/elbow. Kind of gives you a feel for the size compared to the sketch tassel tote. Honestly - I can fit just as much stuff in the pouchette as I can the tassel tote. The tassel tote being so stiff - is hard to pack it full. The pouchette is flexiable and you can pack it.
IMG_0907.jpg

When the new styles came out, I said that I wasn't gonna get any . . . but that blue pouchette is really starting to grow on me . . . :rolleyes1

Here is the pic I posted of the pouchette on my shoulder. Not much room, but can be done, and it kind of tucks under your arm nicely. I would not be able to do this with a jacket on however.
IMG_0903-1.jpg

I have the pouchette, but for me carrying it on my shoulder seems too uncomfortable. Love the bag, but it's too snug under my arm for my comfort level.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter