Doreen's Fresh Start & Success Story! (Welcome Friends!)

Amanda, thanks for the prayers for strength yesterday - they worked!! :Pinkbounc I actually got everything accomplished except the 5 minutes of cleaning but I did that this morning before getting dressed.

I'm deep, deep, deep in the DZone so I just need to hold on for another couple days. Then I'll have more energy and motivation. Those hormones really do a number on me, physically, mentally and emotionally! I'm hanging in there.

I found a light box on Ebay for a reasonable price and bought it last evening. Not sure how long it will take to get here from Seattle Washington but at least it's on the way. I'll keep you all posted on whether it is helpful to me.

I usually don't ask for prayers and pixie dust but DD has a job interview on Friday (tomorrow) afternoon. She applied to be a cashier at our local supermarket. This will be her first job and she wants to save money for her trip to Europe next summer. If you've got any good thoughts to send her way, I know she'd appreciate it.

I've got a busy day at work (surprise, surprise :rotfl: ). Then I'll head home, make chipped beef over toast for dinner, prep DD for her job interview, and spend 5 minutes cleaning a little more of my bedroom (which is really starting to look better! :love: ). The laundry is piling up so I may manage to get a load of whites done also.

I'm feeling tired but confident that it will be a good day! :cool1: :sunny: :cloud9:

chipped beef over toast? Any chance that is also known as S.O.S.? :p

You are doing great for being far in the D-zone. Just take things one day at a time, one problem at a time and you will get through it. I think menu planning is really helping you this week. Isn't it great knowing exactly what you are eating for dinner?

More prayers coming your way!

~Amanda

Yep, Amanda, you got it - "stuff on a shingle" :rotfl2:
Had to modify the name to avoid the filters. :teeth:
For some reason it's one of the few things EVERYONE in my family likes.

Helllllooooooo, everybody! :cool1: It's time for the Friday party to start!

:Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :wave: :bounce: :flower: :jumping1: :dancer: :flower1: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :rockband: :thewave: :jumping3: :jumping2:

Hope I didn't forget to invite anyone here to Doreen's journal!

So, Doreen. . .what are your plans for the weekend? I hope there's some serious rest and relaxation in the plan for you!

I'm really interested in the light box, particularly after the dark and gloomy week we've had. How long will you use it everyday? Where? At work?

Did you get your whites in the wash and your 5 minutes of straightening done? I think it's great that you've found what's working for you: working on areas of stress may give you what you need to take care of you! Learning what works for us as individuals is what it's all about, right? :goodvibes

Doreen, you're in my heart as you move through your day. May you be blessed by His peace and gentleness.

Love, :hug:
Erin

Thanks for starting the party, dear Erin!!
:cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :rockband: :jumping1:

With rain for 6 days straight, I've felt rather gloomy. The forecast is calling for clear weather in 24 hours so let's start off with "Tomorrow" from Annie!
:sunny:
The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun

Nothin' like a happy song from a musical to get me revved up in the morning! :teeth:

The plans for last night got swept away - no dinner, no cleaning, no laundry. :rolleyes: Instead we made a trip with the puppy to Petsmart for supplies and ate leftovers. :rotfl:

That means the plan for tonight is simply last night's plan - chipped beef for dinner and a load of whites to launder and put away. I cleaned for 5 minutes this morning before I left the house. My bedroom is getting a little better every day! :Pinkbounc

This afternoon is DD's job interview. :shamrock:

Tomorrow we have some shopping to do and then we'll be watching the Penn State football game. Sunday the kids have a rehearsal for the haunting at Hershey Gardens. Monday DH and I are taking off work to take DS to Juniata College for a tour, a meeting with one of the faculty members in his area of interest, a chance to attend a class and lunch in the dining hall. I'll find some more time to clean, do laundry, plan menus for next week, shop for groceries, read and relax.

I'm anxious to get my light box and try it out. I'm going to start with just 10 minutes first thing in the morning. I figure it's best to start slow.

I'm ready to start my day! :cool1:

When you get up to do the light box you should grab something to eat as well. It will help rev your metabolism. :)

You sound chipper today! Hold on to that attiutde and you will sail through the day! Happy Friday!

~Amanda

Woohoo! :Pinkbounc

It's Friday!!! :jumping1: I hear you about the weather this week... It's been warm, but cloudy and gloomy all week long. It's supposed to last into the weekend for us too. :( Where is the :sunny: ?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Doe! :hug:

Great idea, Amanda! Since I'll be sitting in one place, I may as well use that time to munch a light and healthy snack and do my devotions.

The weekends always fly by, don't they? :teeth:

DD's job interview went OK. She doesn't feel very confident but we won't know anything until later this week. DH, DD and I went to see Wallace & Gromit at the movies on Friday night and had a good time. We love British humor. :rotfl2: DS was busy with the band at the homecoming football game and then an aftergame social.

Saturday found DD and I shopping for a few hours and then we watched the Penn State / Michigan football game. Penn State lost on the final play :earseek: but it was a good game. Then I finished my latest book - "Deception Point" by Dan Brown, a real page turner.

Today I've been in my jammies all day! :cloud9: I've been cleaning, doing laundry, reading, playing games on the computer - a real laid back day, but I've accomplished a lot. I even have 5 complete outfits prepped and hung up for the week! :Pinkbounc

My eating pattern has been horrific for the past week. Between the DZone and the extended period of rainy and cloudy days, I have been totally at the mercy of my hormones. I won't be stepping on the scale anytime soon. I'm riding the wave and trying to minimize the damage but I'm not getting too upset over it just yet. I'm doing more research on serotonin and on light therapy's ability to raise serotonin levels. Once TOM is past, I'll be ready to get more serious. In the meantime, I've been cleaning and trying to reduce stress in other areas. One of these days, it's all gonna click into place - yeah, I know I'm dreamin'..... :teeth:

Tomorrow we're off for a college visit. We're leaving very early in the morning so I won't be visiting any journals until late in the day, if at all. On Tuesday and Wednesday I'm teaching at work so my DIS time will be very limited also.

I'll be thinking of all my WISH friends and sending out good vibes :goodvibes your way! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hey, princess: Doe-Doe, you've got a nice day to take a trip. I'll bet you're having fun together.

Thanks for telling us about DD's interview; I was thinking about her on Friday and wondering how it all went.

:hug: for you. "Horrific" pretty much describes my eating behaviors this weekend, too. I guess it's part of the TOM Tower of Terror. Right now I think we're feeling the plunge! :scared1:

Take care, sweetie,
Erin

Good morning, Doreen! :sunny: I thought about you a lot yesterday and about your trip to Juniata. How did it go?

You know our plans for the weekend? I'm not sure if I can stick to them--I'm having some pre-inlaw visit anxiety issues and I'm thinking I might need that time to get housework done. . .I just don't know yet. If you can hang loose and wait it out with me, that'd be great, but if you need to schedule something in it's place, I'm fine with that, too. Do what'cha gotta do! :p

Good luck with your classes today.

With much love :love: and a big hug :hug:,
Erin

Hi Doe!

How did your day go yesterday? Hope it was a good visit for everyone! :goodvibes

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :sunny:

:goodvibes :sunny: :goodvibes :sunny: :sunny: :goodvibes :sunny:

Just wanted to send some good thoughts your way for this bright and sunny Wednesday. Hope all is well.

Erin

:goodvibes :sunny: :goodvibes :sunny: :sunny: :goodvibes :sunny:

I only have a moment before class starts.

The college visit on Monday was FANTASTIC! DS has found his home for the next 4 years. He is so excited about the classes he attended, the professors he talked to and all the friendly students he met that he wants to quit high school right now and start immediately! I never thought he would be so excited about learning but he is! Now we just have to get him accepted and all will be well.

The class I'm teaching is going well. Everyone is engaged and learning a lot. As usual, I have a wonderful group of students.

I'll post more later. Gotta run! :teeth: :teacher: :wave2:

doreen--sounds like everything is going good !!
congrats on your son finding a school he loves,,i knwo that is so hard to do!!!!!!now get those applications in :)
im glad the class that you are teaching is going well--maybe you could come teach some of mine !!:) have a great night

Hi Doe,

Congrats to DS for finding his dream school. I watched the game as well. I thought PS had us from the start. You were robbed.

I hope the class goes well. It sounds like you are great teacher.

I hope DD gets the job.

Take care,
Beth

:cool1: The weekend is coming! The weekend is coming! :cool1:

My class finished out very well yesterday. I love to teach but it still tires me out. Not sure how professionals do it every day. :confused3 I'm dragging today and may resort to Coke to help me stay awake. I should have gone to bed early last night but the family got involved in watching The Sixth Sense on TV so I was up late. :teeth:

Today I'm back to the normal workday routine. I've got more than enough to keep me busy. It's nice to be back at my desk.

Breakfast today is a PB&J sandwich. Lunch - not sure yet, either an Atkins bar or a burger from the cafeteria. Dinner is at a local restaurant with the girls' tennis team and all the parents - I know they have a decent salad bar.

I'm recovering from the DZone and TOM, so I'm starting on the "happy" part of my cycle - two weeks of more energy and happier moods. :Pinkbounc My light box should be showing up today or tomorrow and I'm anxious to see if my next DZone is a little easier because of light therapy. With the days getting shorter, this is always the time of year where I feel a downward slide.

My pants are a bit looser - all that TOM puffiness is fading away. Let's hope I can use the next two weeks to drop a pound or two. ::yes::

I can't wait 'til you get that light box :sunny: . I want to hear all about how it works. Will it be at your home or at the office?

HAve fun at the tennis team dinner.

Love and hugs,
Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter