"Double Dip Delight" 09.27.2008 - Take 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those looking to stay at the World AFTER the cruise they just released fall only rates available to the general public 9/28 thru 10/11

59 Value
109 Moderate
Deluxe varies 170+++

TVEPFOX is me. I'm an Executive Producer for Fox, my husband works for both Fox and NBC.

Keeping the evening tropical update short (need to go to bed, plus using my BB makes maps a pain in the butt)...

The tropics haven given birth to triplets.

Like I said this morning, Hanna will be a rain/wind maker over the weekend probably canceling my daughter's soccer game.

Jo will most likely get ripped to shreds by wind shear and a High pressure system. She will head away from the coast and died out in the upper atlantic. Too bad for her!

Now the bad news...Nasty Uncle Ike is off the Christmas card list. He's a DANGEROUS cat 4 with winds of 145 mph, same as this morning. He should lose some steam but not without damaging CC. CC can handle Hanna and her 60 mph winds but Ike could do some major damage to our island paradise. More in the morning including maps!

Hey there! Just an FYI that I'm retracting my inquiry about the PhotoPass CDs. It's been brought to my attention that this is a "no-no". I don't want to get anyone in trouble here, so I think we should lay this topic to rest here and not introduce it on our website either.

On a personal comment: I have to say I was a little surprised because I've seen many times the mods speaking up to anything that is against the Disney rules with threats to throw out points and/or close threads, so since I've seen this open on the boards, I ASSuMEd it was all good. :blush:

Okay, on a much happier note, I betcha know why this is here!!.....

s29542_wii_2.jpg

OK guys bear with me as I catch back up. We did evacuate to a place with no internet access (talk about going crazy looking for information). We came home last night to no power anywhere in the parish....and the FUNNEST part is that this is one of the parishes that is currently being denided disaster area status........and we were hit VERY hard. The kids are out of school and DH and I don't return to work until Monday. Hopefully we'll have power back before that day.....but currently the assessments are saying that we shouldn't expect power for 3-4 weeks.

Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that we are safe and sound. Ouuuur House is safe just no power and we've lost everything in the fridge and freezer.

Glad you are safe and sound :thumbsup2

TVEPFOX is me. I'm an Executive Producer for Fox, my husband works for both Fox and NBC.

Keeping the evening tropical update short (need to go to bed, plus using my BB makes maps a pain in the butt)...

Like I said this morning, Hanna will be a rain/wind maker over the weekend probably canceling my daughter's soccer game.

Jo will most likely get ripped to shreds by wind shear and a High pressure system. She will head away from the coast and died out in the upper atlantic. Too bad for her!

Now the bad news...Nasty Uncle Ike is off the Christmas card list. He's a DANGEROUS cat 4 with winds of 145 mph, same as this morning. He should lose some steam but not without damaging CC. CC can handle Hanna and her 60 mph winds but Ike could do some major damage to our island paradise. More in the morning including maps!

:scared1: I am so not looking forward to Ike. I stocked up for Fay, but I'm going back for seconds to prepare for this big guy. :scared:

Hey there! Just an FYI that I'm retracting my inquiry about the PhotoPass CDs. It's been brought to my attention that this is a "no-no". I don't want to get anyone in trouble here, so I think we should lay this topic to rest here and not introduce it on our website either.

On a personal comment: I have to say I was a little surprised because I've seen many times the mods speaking up to anything that is against the Disney rules with threats to throw out points and/or close threads, so since I've seen this open on the boards, I ASSuMEd it was all good. :blush:

I take it you've joined the ranks of the violators? I have two, myself. I'm such a rebel :rotfl: actually my signature got me in trouble, my old pic was apparently too big. :confused3

OK guys bear with me as I catch back up. We did evacuate to a place with no internet access (talk about going crazy looking for information). We came home last night to no power anywhere in the parish....and the FUNNEST part is that this is one of the parishes that is currently being denided disaster area status........and we were hit VERY hard. The kids are out of school and DH and I don't return to work until Monday. Hopefully we'll have power back before that day.....but currently the assessments are saying that we shouldn't expect power for 3-4 weeks.

Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that we are safe and sound. Ouuuur House is safe just no power and we've lost everything in the fridge and freezer.

Glad to hear you are safe.

Thank you for the updates. I am watching Ike and praying that he goes on another path, any path, just not over CC. I want to be able to stop. I really hope that we do not have any other really big ones develop cause they could effect my trip to WDW and our cruises. All we can do is hope and pray. We are the ones who keep cruise this time of year. At least Janet and I do it all knowing of the risk. Hoping for lots of PIXIE DUST!!!

I've been thinking about her all day, too. I went to a friend's for a bbq today, and we ended up watching The Weather Channel for about 30 minutes. I told him about her plans for evacuation as well as Brandie's friends and family. I just hope the rain and flooding won't be horrible.

I was thrilled to hear that it's loosing power (down to a 3 now) yet maintaining it's speed of about 16mph. If it maintains the speed, that means it will get off that ocean sooner, reducing the opportunity for it to build up energy again.

QUOTE]

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE WELL WISHES. This could certainly be a very bad situation. A friend of mine's ex lost his whole house....two trees fell on it. so at least we have a place to live, water to drink and a nice cool place to relax.

though DH and I are wondering if we could work this for a room upgrade on the curise :lmao:

Get some water/a favorite drink when you're in the airport to carry on the plane with you. If you like licorice or candy, bring it with you. These are my rituals and comfort me when I'm getting ready to get on the plane. I'm focused on something other than the flight itself. "I need to get XYZ before I board..." I also have something to DO (drink or munch) while on the plane, versus sit there and work myself up.

Remember to breathe. Focus on breathing in and out while on the plane. There's nothing you can do in your seat to fly the plane, so let the person who has driven the plane thousands of times do their job. Relax your body one spot at a time, and just realize there's nothing you need to do but sit in the seat and be patient.

Don't think you need to worry. Pay attention to the trained professionals, follow their instructions, and just be patient.

I've flown a ton of times, but I struggle with being nervous. :) I hope all that helps!

I always bring something to work with my hands....I've knitted (with flexible needles) or crochet. This helps me stay calm while flying. I don't fly often but when I do working on a project or reading a really good book helps.

Valerie:
glad you all are okay. :)

tonight was scarecrow for the kindergarten classes, every family gets a burlap face and you decorate it yourself and provide your own clothes. We made a pirate, complete with the bandanas from last years cruise.

....We came home last night to no power anywhere in the parish....and the FUNNEST part is that this is one of the parishes that is currently being denided disaster area status........and we were hit VERY hard......but currently the assessments are saying that we shouldn't expect power for 3-4 weeks....

I'm so happy that your lives are okay and secondarily your home is okay. With that said, I'm very sorry that you'll be without power that long. I was without power for a week after a storm a couple of years ago, and that was a huge pain. I also remember adding up the food loss from the freezer as I was throwing it all away. I stopped at $500!! HOWEVER, as you said, you're very fortunate this is one of the biggest losses you'll endure from Hanna.

The offer still stands that if you need anything, please let me know!!

Okay - I'm confused :confused3

Came home today and there was a nice white envelop apparently dropped off by our UPS man. All ready to do the doc dance but WAIT....the envelop shows my son's name. Okay - so I open it excited to be able to tell him and Amy that their docs came but WAIT....the only name on the doc is his. ...BTW - I'm the primary person that booked both rooms through my login....Can someone explain?....

I'm confused too! :confused3

I just opened my packet, and it only has my name on the "ticket" in the booklet where it lists "Guests Names", and it came with four luggage stickers, all in my name. We are a party of 3 adults, all living at a different addy. I called DM to see if she might have received them today, too, but she didn't, and she said she had just got home from DGM's, and she didn't get a package either.

Thoughts??

...Now the bad news...Nasty Uncle Ike is off the Christmas card list. He's a DANGEROUS cat 4 with winds of 145 mph, same as this morning. He should lose some steam but not without damaging CC. CC can handle Hanna and her 60 mph winds but Ike could do some major damage to our island paradise. More in the morning including maps!

Uh No Kidding! He's off my list now, too. This isn't good at all! Thanks for keeping us posted though.

All you Floridians, I hope you indeed prepare now and are safe in the coming week.

.... I'm such a rebel :rotfl: actually my signature got me in trouble, my old pic was apparently too big. :confused3

If that is the worst thing you've done here, I raise my martini glass to you!!
i_donut_martini.gif

DON'T BE LEFT BEHIND!

So who's going to be the first to post in Chapter 4?!!!

I've notified a moderator to have her close out this thread for us.
See you in the new neighborhood! ;)

I have yet to catch up from today and tomorrow, but I just got home from work and my UPS guy had delivered my cruise docs!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
party: party: party: :rockband: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

DON'T BE LEFT BEHIND!
So who's going to be the first to post in Chapter 4?!!!
I've notified a moderator to have her close out this thread for us.
See you in the new neighborhood! ;)

With that this one is closed. Enjoy your planning on the new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter