"Double Dip Delight" 09.27.2008 - Take 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What flight is she on? The 8 of us:scared1: my family and Crissichef family fly down sept 26 at 4:40, it was orginally a bit later but thie change to 4:40 happend a couple of months ago!

Thanks Erik and Jason, cant wait for our lanyards!

Screen Name:
RK is my daughters initals Rachel Kelly
MJ is my sons initals Matthew James
and well I am their mommy...although some days I would like to deny it:rotfl2:

They are on the 4:40. Michelle told me this is the 3rd change since they booked. They will be at Hyatt MCO Friday night and than DCL transporation down Saturday to join us.

My screenname is the first three letters of my favorite character :-)tigger:) and my birthdate (Aug. 21, 1974)

You are so young. Happy belated birthday. :woohoo:

I love peterpan and enjoyed Home improvement. In one epesode, Tim Allen was flying on a rope and was asked what he was doing. He said I'am the Panman Man, and it just clicked with me. Just like peterpan I am still young at heart, even at 60. I guess that is why I love Disney, it keeps you young at heart.:hippie: :yay:

Jack

What does your screen name mean? (some are easy to figure it out.)

"Epper" is the first letters of my last name and "Biker" because I rode and raced motorcycles for more than 20 years. I sold my last street bike to buy DW's engagement ring... then came DS... so no replacement motorcycle yet.:sad2:

I've actually used that screen name since the 80's when AOL was the only game in town!!

And can I just exclaim:
Your Countdown is approximately 552 hours!!!!!!

"Epper" is the first letters of my last name and "Biker" because I rode and raced motorcycles for more than 20 years. I sold my last street bike to buy DW's engagement ring... then came DS... so no replacement motorcycle yet.:sad2:

I've actually used that screen name since the 80's when AOL was the only game in town!!

And can I just exclaim:

I have also used mine since the 80's when all we had was AOL!!

Good luck with your knee! What are you having done to it? Try to let us know how it goes.

Oh good! In January when I have my 3rd ACL reconstruction, I can ask you if I have any questions! :thumbsup2 Yeah...I've torn my left ACL twice and now my right one is currently torn. I did it all three times dancing. I'm starting my 26 year of dance soon and I just can't give it up even though I've gotten hurt a few times.

FO COURSE!!!! I hope we will all still be touch then:grouphug:

They are on the 4:40. Michelle told me this is the 3rd change since they booked. They will be at Hyatt MCO Friday night and than DCL transporation down Saturday to join us.

WOW< we are on the same flight and also staying at MCO, thats too cool! We are renting a car to get to the port

I think I might have explained this once already, so apologies if you've heard it before, but.....

QOTW! Screen name explanation.

Well, DH's online name is EineHund which roughly translates to a dog in German (gramatically incorrect, I believe, but he liked the way it sounded....should be ein hund) and when we got married I jokingly said he should change it to ZweiHund since there were two of us now. Our XBox 360 name was Zweihund and I used it for the boards as well.

In truth, we only have one dog. ;)

FO COURSE!!!! I hope we will all still be touch then:grouphug:

WOW< we are on the same flight and also staying at MCO, thats too cool! We are renting a car to get to the port

Are you renting a car to get back to WDW on the 4th? We are getting FL Tours with a van I wanted to rent a car but the other 5 don't so I lost!!

Maureen

How strange!! My niece grew up with a girl named Andrea New. Didn't grow up around Georgia, did you? LOL!
ACTUALLY... I did LOL.. from the time I was 5-10.. wait let me to the math., that would be about 1982-1987 or SO...

I am enjoying hearing the backgrounds of all of these screen names.

NEW....Newton like the cookie (or now I know like the family tequilla business!)
HAHA Yes EXACTLY! as a kid I would say Newton like the cookie.. but as I got older and learned what was waiting for me in Mexico.. its Newton Like the Tequila LMAO (yet its not a big name brand unless your in the heart of Mexico)
as I get older im sure it will change again .. back to the cookie :rotfl:

I have actually been thinking about getting there even earlier but that means the kids missing another day of school, if the weather is bad, I will be at PHL as early as possible hoping for an earlier flight!
E had mentioned this too, but not sure if I want to risk another day of kids without school.. ehhh whats one more LMAO

I have been waiting all day for the phone call from the hospital....I will be going in for my third knee operation Friday morning @ 8:00am....:goodvibes

I'm praying for a full recovery by the time the cruise is here:wizard: If not then it means more drinking at The Cove:rolleyes:
Good Luck CHarlie, youll be in our thoughts!.., if anything it just means all of us bring you your drinks LOL

Ok...seriously, I think I've spent way too much time on here today! Everyone is a bit out of sorts at work today and acting as if it were 3:30 on a Friday afternoon...and this is a 4 day week!

Hey Scoutsmom Lisa, when do you leave next for (is it?) California for the big wedding? It's on Sept 20, right? ...or is it 9/13? You must be just about squared away for that and the cruise, right? :D

I have been waiting all day for the phone call from the hospital....I will be going in for my third knee operation Friday morning @ 8:00am....:goodvibes

I'm praying for a full recovery by the time the cruise is here:wizard: If not then it means more drinking at The Cove:rolleyes:

Charlie!! If you mentioned this before, I missed it. I guess since you're hopeful you'll be recovered that there's a good chance. Best of luck, and certainly write to us when you're on the "good meds". It will be great entertainment for us! :rotfl:

...I sold my last street bike to buy DW's engagement ring... And can I just exclaim:

THAT is real love! :love:

You ABSOLUTELY can shout your countdown!! You'll be out of the 500 club soon!

Do you work for the USPS? Yep! I don't think I remembered that! Jason's father is a rural letter carrier...actually he's the regional or national chapter president or something like that (recently elected) for the rural letter carrier union/organization.

Wow...very cool!! :thumbsup2

We did send it priority and got a receipt with a tracking number (although the tracking number still registers as "invalid" when I go to the USPS website so I'm a little concerned about that......but I've literally NEVER had a problem with the mail (*knock on wood*) so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh, yes...delivery confirmation isn't like tracking per se. You won't be able to see any activity until the box is delivered or delivery is attempted.

Our postage for the box ended up figuring to be right about $1 per pound....it was funny though....apparently the front desk Postal Staff are encouraged to "upsell" all packages to overnight shipping...so when Jason went to the P.O. the girl said, "I can already guess you're going to say no but I have to ask anyway----would you like to ship this overnight? It will be $123?" :rotfl2:
Yeah....I worked the window earlier this year....funnnnnn:rolleyes: I already forgot all the questions we had to ask...except "anything liquid fragile perishable or potentially hazardous?...";)

when I first did it everyone thought I got a new mac computer LOL

Umm..that's what I assumed!

so what happens if ive never cruise disney before??? LOL

Oh sorry.....I thought you had been! Wasn't it you mentioning references to the Booze Cruise? (Never mind me if I'm in outer space....that up all night/up all day stuff is killing my brain cells!)

Are you renting a car to get back to WDW on the 4th? We are getting FL Tours with a van I wanted to rent a car but the other 5 don't so I lost!!

Maureen

We are renting a 10 passenger van on the 4th that we will return on the 6th before we fly home!

I have a question/idea for those going to WDW before or after the cruise.

Is anyone considering buying the PhotoPass CD? I read a thread some time back that you can have (I think) 4 PhotoPass cards on an account. Some families share this account then burn the CD for another family(s) included on the account. You also can get the CD for $99 instead of something like $120 if you pre-order before your trip. Actually, there are thread(s) on the DISboards for people to hook up with others going around the same time to share this expense. If there's any interest in partcipating in this as "DIS family teams", we could chat about it on our website. :confused3 Of course this does open you up for blackmail. :laughing:

I have links with more info on this on my laptop at home, so I could post that later if anyone wants to read up on it first before committing. Just let me know.

I was part of a photopass share for our trip in Dec and it was GREAT, less expensive and the pics they do are GREAT! I would DEFINITLEY be interested if you want to do a group, we get home OCt 6.

Here is how I "think" it works, someone would preorder the CD and thats the primary account, then that person would send out the logon and password to the others in the group and we would login and upload our pics, then once everyone has uploaded the pics, there was a date that this HAD to be done by, the CD is ordered, that person that preordered will make copies and send to everyone in the group. The total price included the CD split however many ways, the cost of the CD the pics are copied onto and shipping.

Count me in, I cant pass up a photopass person while at the world

OK guys bear with me as I catch back up. We did evacuate to a place with no internet access (talk about going crazy looking for information). We came home last night to no power anywhere in the parish....and the FUNNEST part is that this is one of the parishes that is currently being denided disaster area status........and we were hit VERY hard. The kids are out of school and DH and I don't return to work until Monday. Hopefully we'll have power back before that day.....but currently the assessments are saying that we shouldn't expect power for 3-4 weeks.

Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that we are safe and sound. Ouuuur House is safe just no power and we've lost everything in the fridge and freezer.

OK guys bear with me as I catch back up. We did evacuate to a place with no internet access (talk about going crazy looking for information). We came home last night to no power anywhere in the parish....and the FUNNEST part is that this is one of the parishes that is currently being denided disaster area status........and we were hit VERY hard. The kids are out of school and DH and I don't return to work until Monday. Hopefully we'll have power back before that day.....but currently the assessments are saying that we shouldn't expect power for 3-4 weeks.

Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that we are safe and sound. Ouuuur House is safe just no power and we've lost everything in the fridge and freezer.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you are safe, wow that really stinks about the power, sending thoughts your way

Very happy to hear that you are safe and that you did not sustain any damage (except of course for the lost food).

Okay - I'm confused :confused3

Came home today and there was a nice white envelop apparently dropped off by our UPS man. All ready to do the doc dance but WAIT....the envelop shows my son's name. Okay - so I open it excited to be able to tell him and Amy that their docs came but WAIT....the only name on the doc is his. No mention of the other person in the room. In fact, the booklet only has one "cruise information sheet" showing just his portion of the payment made AND there are only two luggage tags.

BTW - I'm the primary person that booked both rooms through my login.

MY QUESTION - since the two adults in the cabin have different personal addresses - will they each get a packet???? I'm definitely interested in knowing as there are also two adults in my cabin with two different personal addresses.

Can someone explain?

I know, I've been on a cruise before but it's been a while and I don't really remember getting separate packets.

Wow, I get along well with my in laws. (maybe it helps we live 2 hours away.) my inlaws are almost my grandmas age, and they are set in their ways, but will do anything for you. ( they took us all on a cruise 3 years ago).

My mom, my kids call her Pammy not grandma. :goodvibes :goodvibes she wants to come with us on our next cruise, she goes to Disney with us every other year or so. I wish we lived closer, it will be really tough once we move to Georgia. :(

Has this question ever been asked yet?? What does your screen name mean? (some are easy to figure it out.) Mine actually had nothing to do with the Disney Magic. someone one time asked if I was done having kids? and my answer...3 is the Magic number for me.

That is awesome that you get along so well. I can't seem to get anything right with my MIL. If I say the sky is green blue she will correct me and say it is blue green. However since I lost my mom I realize how important family is and try real hard not to let the crap get to me.

OK folks...all 8 of the unclaimed lanyards are now spoken for...THANKS!!

Also, cross your fingers that the USPS doesn't make any kind of goof! I shipped the lanyards to Hoagie Pie yesterday (she lives in Florida near WDW and will bring them to me once I arrive there in 14 days). The lanyards and name badges weighed nearly 20 lb. and took up way too much space and I just coudln't afford to have them as luggage....so Sandi graciously agreed to have me ship them to her to hold for me. So yesterday I packed up a box with the lanyards and supplies and the message centers....and I also put all my secret mickey stuff and all my door magnets and fish extender stuff in the box so I don't have to carry any of that with me. The box ended up being over 30lb!!! :rotfl2:

Let's just hope it gets there safely!!

Thank you so much for all your hard work. I can't wait to see them.

If you are on AirTran better check your flight times. Again for the 3rd time they have changed my DD"s flight on the 26th from Philadelphia to Orlando.:eek: :eek:

Also they changed Michelle's flight home on the 5th from afternoon to early morning

Maureen

I have been checking flights every so often. I guess I need to call yet again. Thanks for the heads up!!

Just checking in on all the posts that I missed....boy are we one chatty group....:rolleyes1

I will be away from the boards for a few days and I'm sure when I come back we will be on Take 4....

Everyone have a great weekend and lets continue our countdown to seeing and meeting new friends

Good luck on the surgery hope it all goes well.

I hope I didn't miss anything but I am sure I did. So I hope everyone is well and I will catch everyone later. Got to run to host a community meeting with none other than our local codes inspector! Could be interesting trying to keep everyone respectful cause many members are angry at how the city is handling code violations at this time. I be back later, Lois

As an after thought my sceen name is pretty clear. I can't see me as being anything else but a Grandma for ever!! Best role I have ever had!

OK...well perhaps we will bring our shirts for the breakfast then....we love dressing as a matching pair and we love themes! (hence the ties, etc)
I can't wait to see! You guys are so funny :)

ROTFL!!! Have you thought about doing unit studies with him?? That's what I used when my guys were younger. Worked wonderfully. We are very eclectic and relaxed homeschoolers (but we are not un-schoolers), and we've never really had the 'school schedule' in our world. We do school all over the place and in many, many different ways.
Unit studies are always my comfort zone....We're using Saxon phonics, because that too is my comfort zone. When I taught 1st grade, we used Saxon so I know it like the back of my hand. Plus I feel confident in my Saxon knowledge that I can modify any way needed to fit what Reese likes/dislikes.

::
There is even a scary looking Pickle out there too :scared:
That pickle is HILLARIOUS!!! I always laugh when I see it in someone's signature. It's the arms...that are stuck at the elbows to the side...it's just too hillarious!!

The goal here is obviously to have some simplicity so your autographs and pictures are the focal points. I have yet to make spots for pictures so you write around the frames, but you can get the idea. I used my Cricut for the letters, Donald's tie, Mickey's buttons, and Goofy's hat. Otherwise, it was all my own paper piecing.

!
Awesome pages! You are very creative & they look fabulous!

If you DO decide to bring the phonics work, let me know. Reese & Emmie can work on theirs together!! :rotfl: We're not homeschooling, but I'm thinking she may have some phonics work to do while we're gone, poor baby. Her school is using the A Becka progam for reading & seems to be working really well for her. The teacher speaks highly of it. She had this same program in pre-school as well.
I taught with A Beka when I student taught Kindergarten years ago. I'm glad it's working well for Emmie...always nice to find a good program that clicks with a child! I think we've decided to ditch any formal work...was it Hadley that pointed out it's VACATION? :laughing:

About the MIL and Moms ~ my MIL said I was a sl_t and her son would be sorry he married me on our wedding day! She is probably turning in her grave to know her son has been married to me for 37 years.:woohoo: She once gave me a bottle of red finger nail polish for a Christmas gift.......I bite my nails ......:rolleyes:
:mad: That's not nice of her....and you proved her wrong!

I just got back from 4 days in DL- Paris! I missed so much on this thread - trying to catch up!
Awesome! Was it fun??

Has this question ever been asked yet?? What does your screen name mean? (some are easy to figure it out.) .
My screen name is my original AOL account from WAY back in the day...CrazyZeus1 came from my dog, Zeus. I know this is a hard one to figure out, but he was CRAZY...thus my name. And there was already a CrazyZeus out there, so I had to add the 1 to my name. It's also my email address and any other screen name I enter everywhere else!

Now, almost twenty years later, she is quite please with her daughter's choice as my wife has been able to enjoy being a stay at home mom for the last 6 years and we included a suite for them in the home we built for when they come to town (they retired to Northern Michigan and come down to see the grand kids who all live near us). She claims to have no recollection of ever not loving me to death and certainly never said any of those things.
Sounds like she got lucky & glad that all these years later, life is the way it should be....happy!

Good luck!!!

SO glad you guys are safe & sounds like, although it's not perfect, things could have been much worse. Hang in there!!

Oh...and HOW could I forget this???

:banana: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :banana:

Came home from the zoo with Reese & there was a tidy little white envelope on the counter... from Dinsney!!!

We got our docs finally. Yahoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter