Double shows strike again - Wonder in Alaska

Just sent an email to DCL. I. We are on the 9-night to Alaska in July and I will be disappointed if they double dip the shows!
I’m kinda thinking that will happen for yours as most cruises are set up for a 7-day trip. But they should not go over two repeat days.

I can understand it in brand new shows, but say the Magic where all shows are old, i.e. tangled now two years old, its cost saving, nothing else, just cost saving.

I can see where they are saving money if they simply don't put as many additional acts on the ship or have those acts only do one show in the smaller venue instead of one in the WDT and one in the smaller lounge. What I thought I read was that they were putting the same number of acts on the ship but instead of having one of them in the WDT, they were putting them in another venue. If that is what they are doing, I don't see where they are saving any money.

I can see where they are saving money if they simply don't put as many additional acts on the ship or have those acts only do one show in the smaller venue instead of one in the WDT and one in the smaller lounge. What I thought I read was that they were putting the same number of acts on the ship but instead of having one of them in the WDT, they were putting them in another venue. If that is what they are doing, I don't see where they are saving any money.
If they do that they may not save money, agree, however the venues will have far reduced capacity.
Now DCL gains as more will use bars and shops increasing income.
From my friends on recent and current Mediterranean cruises the same “ other venues entertainment is still on.
No increase no decrease the same but busier.
So basically it is cutting costs of guest entertainment in WDT.

Here's the response I received this morning from DCL:

"Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line. I sincerely regret the disappointment you have expressed. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

As always, schedules for the live shows are subject to change without notice. Please check your Personal Navigator once onboard for the most up-to-date information for your cruise.

Various message boards located on the internet are created by cruisers who are not affiliated with Disney Cruise Vacations or Walt Disney World. Because of this, we do not offer or recommend any information about these independent sites.

If you would like more information about Disney Cruise Line, please visit our official site at https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/. If need additional assistance, please contact us by calling 855-DCL-PLAN (855-325-7526) or 407-566-8100, Monday - Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm or Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 8:00pm (ET). Our Cruise Vacation Planners will be happy to assist you.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Sincerely,

Adair

Email Communications Agent

Disney Cruise Line"

Here's the response I received this morning from DCL:

"Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line. I sincerely regret the disappointment you have expressed. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

As always, schedules for the live shows are subject to change without notice. Please check your Personal Navigator once onboard for the most up-to-date information for your cruise.

Various message boards located on the internet are created by cruisers who are not affiliated with Disney Cruise Vacations or Walt Disney World. Because of this, we do not offer or recommend any information about these independent sites.

If you would like more information about Disney Cruise Line, please visit our official site at https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/. If need additional assistance, please contact us by calling 855-DCL-PLAN (855-325-7526) or 407-566-8100, Monday - Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm or Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 8:00pm (ET). Our Cruise Vacation Planners will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Adair

Disney Cruise Line"

Thank you, so they didn't answer it.

I do agree however about they can't comment on third party unofficial sites.

To be fair, the DCL website technically says “Original musicals and award-winning live productions are performed every night of the week”. And random variety acts are not mentioned.

So this move actually *is* in keeping with their “advertisement”.

We sail in a couple weeks, and my family is going to be SO bummed if they don't stop this repeat show stuff before then. Ok, maybe not my 9yo, he won't care... but attending every nightly show is a huge part of the cruise experience to my extended family! Knowing that there would be a family-friendly show to attend in the theater every night was a big factor in choosing Disney for Alaska with the kids. I will be mortified to have my parents discover that they are repeating shows, as I'm the reason they sailed on Disney to begin with, and it really does decrease the value for them. This isn't our first Disney cruise - so they are absolutely expecting different shows in the main theater every evening.

At the end of my message, I asked for it to be forwarded to those in charge of Disney cruise entertainment and very specifically stated that the response to my message (or non-response) would directly affect our decision whether or not to book a placeholder on-board.

We sail in a couple weeks, and my family is going to be SO bummed if they don't stop this repeat show stuff before then. Ok, maybe not my 9yo, he won't care... but attending every nightly show is a huge part of the cruise experience to my extended family! Knowing that there would be a family-friendly show to attend in the theater every night was a big factor in choosing Disney for Alaska with the kids. I will be mortified to have my parents discover that they are repeating shows, as I'm the reason they sailed on Disney to begin with, and it really does decrease the value for them. This isn't our first Disney cruise - so they are absolutely expecting different shows in the main theater every evening.

At the end of my message, I asked for it to be forwarded to those in charge of Disney cruise entertainment and very specifically stated that the response to my message (or non-response) would directly affect our decision whether or not to book a placeholder on-board.

Interesting I didn't mention re booking as we have three upcoming cruises, but after my next two. If this is in force, there will not be any placeholder bookings and it's the last DCL cruise. Other lines are cheaper and we pay a lot for the Disney difference. I look forward to entertainment in WDT each night.

Looks like they have a canned response at the ready now, and Adair is in charge of this topic! Barely 20min after I sent my message, I got this:

"Thank you for contacting Disney Cruise Line.

I sincerely regret the disappointment you have expressed. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

As always, schedules are subject to change without notice. Please check your Personal Navigator once onboard for the most up-to-date information for your cruise.

Sincerely,

Adair

Disney Cruise Line"

Looks like they have a canned response at the ready now, and Adair is in charge of this topic! Barely 20min after I sent my message, I got this:

I sincerely regret the disappointment you have expressed. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

As always, schedules are subject to change without notice. Please check your Personal Navigator once onboard for the most up-to-date information for your cruise.

Sincerely,

Adair

Disney Cruise Line"

Boy I hate corporate cut and paste, not even bothering to answer the question, why actually do they bother answering?

If they gave honest, reasons for the logic, or explanation how long it will last, we saw an earlier response that it wasn't on the Magic, it's rather contemptible.

Sincerely,

Adair

Disney Cruise Line"
Hmmm.... I sent my message yesterday, and I've yet to receive any sort of response.

Boy I hate corporate cut and paste, not even bothering to answer the question, why actually do they bother answering?

If they gave honest, reasons for the logic, or explanation how long it will last, we saw an earlier response that it wasn't on the Magic, it's rather contemptible.
Totally agree! I wrote back to Adair. Let's see if I get a response to that! I reiterated that I hope my dissatisfaction gets communicated to those in charge of cruise entertainment.

Totally agree! I wrote back to Adair. Let's see if I get a response to that! I reiterated that I hope my dissatisfaction gets communicated to those in charge of cruise entertainment.

Good luck, seems a wall of silence where you hit your head hard and Adair will just cut and paste a corporate response not answering the question and blaming social media Bloggs.

According to twitter pics of the navigators from today's first Alaska cruise of the season, the Wonder is repeating both Frozen and Dreams on two nights each. They also are not having the Be Our Guest welcome aboard show.

I'm getting really sick of these constant messing with the show schedules, and if the double show nights are still going on for my cruise later this summer, it will be the first time I'm incredibly negative on my cruise survey.

I am surprised that it is being done for those shows. I would expect Frozen if anything. But I agree with you

I’m thinking your response will be delayed because it was escalated. What would be interesting is to include navigators from those repeated shows to see if they can claim a short term problem now resolved or “insert legally approved wording claiming “unaware of problems” or “contract states...blah blah blah...”

I’m thinking your response will be delayed because it was escalated. What would be interesting is to include navigators from those repeated shows to see if they can claim a short term problem now resolved or “insert legally approved wording claiming “unaware of problems” or “contract states...blah blah blah...”
Very astute! I got a reply from a different person today asking for patience as they research the correct response to my concerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter