double stroller for 5 yr old over 50 lbs ?

strawberryblonde

<font color=red>"We wants the redhead!!!!"<br><fon
I thought I had the stroller thing all taken care of and then I saw posts here about jogging strollers being banned. The double jogging stroller I own is a Kelty so it will wheel through most any doorway (kick alittle latch with your foot, squeeze the sides together alittle, than back to normal once through the opening) and is easy to collapse. My DS5 weighs just over 50 pounds and my DD2 is around 27. This stroller holds a combined weight of 100 pounds and is comfortable for both kids to sleep in. I did a search on stroller threads and all of the suggestions I saw were for strollers that had weight limits of 35 or 45 per child ect. Renting at the parks is not the total solution for us, not just because of $$ but because we will be staying at CR and plan on walking to the MK alot. My DS seems to be going through a growth spurt as well, he is nearly 4 feet tall! I know he can not do all that walking and my DH's back has been out alot lately so shoulders are out. I'm starting to worry here. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for putting up with yet one more stroller thread.

My girls are 3 and 4 1/2 - she'll be 5 in Feb. We just bought the Durorider by Grayco. Here is what it says: appropriate for: birth to 4 years, up to 40 lbs per seat.
features:
individual reclining seats including full recline
swivel locking front wheels
includes 2 roomy storage baskets
3 point harness system
one ergonomically-designed parent's handlebar
large adjustable single canopy
weighs 23 lbs

Here is picture:
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?id=9288&catid=115&secid=33

We got ours at Babydepot(part of Burlington Coat Factory) up at the outlet mall (gurnee mills). We got ours for 105.00! The stroller was listed for 129.00 and it was the last one so we got it for 105.00 (floor model special).

You say your son is 50 lbs, but this stroller is very sturdy, nice big basket on bottom, and very lightweight and easy to push. I don't know if this will work.

Here's another nice one, but they didn't have it in stock. We're leaving Sat. (nothing like waiting till the last minute)!

http://www.bcfdirect.com/IWStoreBCF...age&Section_Id=1141&pcount=&Product_Id=210074

I had to talk my DH into this. He wanted to take two cheesy umbrella strollers, but I think the kids will be much more comfortable with this, and we'll use it after as well.

Good luck!

I think I'd check directly with WDW about that one, especially if you have the smaller wheel size. I would think that would be just about the best double on the market for doing WDW with bigger kids, as it will even fit fairly easily on buses, which is a major feat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter