Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

My husband and I are interested in adding to our points with a resale contract. Those who have passed ROFR, what was the typically price per point you paid? We are looking at offering $140-$142 per point and just wanted to collect some data on what has recently sold.

Thanks! BTW, I ordered a wax melt from Etsy that smells like the GF lobby and my whole house now smells like our second home. So wonderful!

My husband and I are interested in adding to our points with a resale contract. Those who have passed ROFR, what was the typically price per point you paid? We are looking at offering $140-$142 per point and just wanted to collect some data on what has recently sold.

Thanks! BTW, I ordered a wax melt from Etsy that smells like the GF lobby and my whole house now smells like our second home. So wonderful!

Sorry to say that we actually paid full asking price, $147. The contract we bought had all 50 2016 points banked, all 2017 points and 2018 points. And the UY is September, which is often hard to find. I was not willing to take a chance on letting a small point contract in my UY get away by dickering for a few dollars a point.

Sorry to say that we actually paid full asking price, $147. The contract we bought had all 50 2016 points banked, all 2017 points and 2018 points. And the UY is September, which is often hard to find. I was not willing to take a chance on letting a small point contract in my UY get away by dickering for a few dollars a point.

Thank you for your input. It is true, it is only a few dollars in the end and the contract we are interested in have all 100 pts for 2016, 2017, and 2018.

This thread will help you out. It's reported prices paid on resale contracts.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ost-for-instructions-formatting-tool.3568151/

Our contract has been sent to Disney for ROFR review. Fingers crossed that it goes quickly and in our favor!

We also just booked a 2 bedroom villa for February for the Princess race. We cannot wait!

Coming for our first ever stay this summer and I need some help from the experts here. Specifically, what is the best way to get to the MK early in the morning? When we stayed at the Poly in October, the monorail seemed to never run during the park opening hour. I know you can't walk to MK from GF. It looks like the boat launch goes to the Poly first before heading for MK. Is that the best (only) option for Disney transportation before the monorail begins to run? We have an 8am reservation for BOG one morning (9am park open) and am stressing over getting to MK in time.

We went to a pre park opening tour a couple of months ago and the monorail was running.

:earsboy: Bill

Coming for our first ever stay this summer and I need some help from the experts here. Specifically, what is the best way to get to the MK early in the morning? When we stayed at the Poly in October, the monorail seemed to never run during the park opening hour. I know you can't walk to MK from GF. It looks like the boat launch goes to the Poly first before heading for MK. Is that the best (only) option for Disney transportation before the monorail begins to run? We have an 8am reservation for BOG one morning (9am park open) and am stressing over getting to MK in time.
The monorail schedule changes frequently so ask the concierge when you get there.
If the monorail is not working, they may suggest buses or the boat. You can also take a taxi or Uber in a pinch.

The monorail schedule changes frequently so ask the concierge when you get there.
If the monorail is not working, they may suggest buses or the boat. You can also take a taxi or Uber in a pinch.

Keep in mind taxi or Uber can get you only as close as CR then you'd be dropped off and have to walk over from there.

Keep in mind taxi or Uber can get you only as close as CR then you'd be dropped off and have to walk over from there.
If you go the the official drop off point, you will be near the TTC, so will take the express monorail or the ferry. So Contemporary is good advice if you want to walk.

Last edited:
There is a drop off point at the MK, near the bus entrance.

When we were there in late March there was a cast member posted at that entry into the MK and they were turning away taxi, uber and cars from entering. It was bus entry only. We stopped and chatted with her and she said that there has been too many issues with cars interfering with bus traffic. They had also started marking up some new entry way sidewalk areas so look for some changes there as well.

I was wondering if anyone knew the options for standard view online check in at the villas? I looked but couldn't find anything. Basically we'd like to get a room facing the pool as opposed to the monorail/parking lot side.

I was wondering if anyone knew the options for standard view online check in at the villas? I looked but couldn't find anything. Basically we'd like to get a room facing the pool as opposed to the monorail/parking lot side.
Online you can request upper floor or lower floor. To be more specific call MS.

We are considering our first DVC purchase. We have a somewhat unique consideration so I am seeking your expertise. We need wheelchair accessible accommodations with a Roll in shower. VGF is my dream resort. I think it comes from all of those wonderful disney advertisements that show the family looking thru the balcony doors and seeing Cinderella's castle. :). Is there a site or page that would show how many wheelchair accessible units with and without Roll In showers are in the VGF as well as some of the other resorts so we can make the choice that will best fit our needs. Thank you for any information you can provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter