Dream Maiden Voyage Trip Report, A Dream Come True = Completed

Love the Christmas decorations. I'll be picking up anything and everything to do with the 40th anniversary when we go over in September. :laughing:

What a stunning view from AKL! :love: I'd love to stay there...maybe one day when I've won the lottery :lmao:

I'm loving all your purchases Claire, I just wonder how you managed to get them all home?? :worship:

Well there's a funny story about getting it all home but you'll have to wait until the last day of the trip report! :lmao:

It all looks amazing honey, thanks for the wonderful review of the ship..

I am more than impressed with your shopping lol, I so need some of the 40th anniversary merchandise, I have already warned Ian..

I'm off tomorrow babe, so will catch up when I get home xx

Hope you both have a fab time hun. xxxxx

Claire, loved seeing the Dream..thanks so much for all the photos:) You got some lovely gifts and memories.
Roll on September!

I love your Christmas ornaments, the Tinkerbell is my favourite.

I realy like that Tinkerbell one too. :goodvibes

WOW love the pictures of AK, and all your goodies, how on earth did you manage to get all that home :lmao:

You'll soon find out........although I should confess that my hubby is reading this report and wants to know why I have only showed a fraction of the stuff i've bought! :blush: What can I say? I'm a shopaholic!! ;) :rolleyes1

Loving all your shopping Claire, you've done us proud ;) That Princess Tiana christmas decoration is beautiful, I must get one of those

The food at Raglan Road looks delish, I don't know why we've never eaten there before, but I really fancy that shepherds pie ::yes::

Gotta love those Cotton-tinis, I can't wait to have another one :thumbsup2

Another great day hun :)

Thanks Mandy. They also do Cinderella, Aurora & Belle that match too, but rather embarrassingly I can't remember if i've already got them or not? :confused3 I am sure I have, so I only got Tiana as I know I haven't got that one. I guess I need to get the xmas decs out & have a look before September so if I haven't I can get them then. :lmao:

Raglan Road is fab, you should try and go there. :thumbsup2

Love the Christmas decorations. I'll be picking up anything and everything to do with the 40th anniversary when we go over in September. :laughing:

There is lots of it David! ::yes:: I also got several 40th pins, a notebook & a mug but they have lots of clothes etc too. :thumbsup2

Lots of lovely shopping Claire especially love the Christmas decorations.

I have made a Raglan Road ADR and that shared starter is being added to the must tries. At the moment my cocktail list is longer than my food list but whose counting :rotfl:

reading your trip report has made me change my holiday plans!!! :lmao:

finally persuaded DH to do the cruise and all booked! our first ever cruise :goodvibes

have so many questions but wonder if you could help with a few:-

1) we will be driving to the port - is there somewhere to park the car for the duration (4 nights)?
2) what is the first day check-in process?
3) how does the dining work? we will also be with our DS age 13

Thanks so much :goodvibes

Well there's a funny story about getting it all home but you'll have to wait until the last day of the trip report! :lmao:

Ah :goodvibes I was reading to the end anyway, but this has made me even more intrigued :thumbsup2

there is a nice 40th photo album that could be bought via photo pass

There is a 40th photo album available in the parks/dtd too. :thumbsup2

Lots of lovely shopping Claire especially love the Christmas decorations.

I have made a Raglan Road ADR and that shared starter is being added to the must tries. At the moment my cocktail list is longer than my food list but whose counting :rotfl:

The shared starter is yummy. :)

My cocktail list is always longer than my food list. :rotfl2:

reading your trip report has made me change my holiday plans!!! :lmao:

finally persuaded DH to do the cruise and all booked! our first ever cruise :goodvibes

have so many questions but wonder if you could help with a few:-

1) we will be driving to the port - is there somewhere to park the car for the duration (4 nights)?
2) what is the first day check-in process?
3) how does the dining work? we will also be with our DS age 13

Thanks so much :goodvibes

:dance3: Congrats, you won't regret it. :dance3:

I'll try my best. :)

1. You can park in the big multi story car park that is at the port. I think it's around $15-20 per day. Other options are Disney transfers if your staying onsite & want to leave your car & excess luggage at the resort. Or you could stay near to the Port the night before, we stayed at the Radission and had parking included for the duration of the cruise.

2. Before you go there is T&C's to complete online, passport no's, credit card number etc you need to print out the two confirmation forms - sign & take to the port with you. Once you arrive at the port you drop off your luggage with the guys outside (tip them a few $$) then enter the terminal, you go through x ray machines like in the airport. Then you go up the escalator into the main hall, there is a small desk on the righthand side where they will issue you a card which has your boarding number on and direct you to the Non-US queue to check in. Then depending on how early you arrive at the port, you either wait until they start boarding and call your number or you go straight onto the ship. :thumbsup2 Make sure if you plan to hit the pools straight away then take your cossies, sun tan lotion or anything you urgently need in your hand luggage as your cases may not arrive until late afternoon.

3. I've not really got any info on cruising with children but I have heard nothing but great things about all the kids/tweens clubs. :)
The dining is done on a rotational basis, you will not know what your evening restaurant rotation is until you have checked in on the day. Are you doing the 4 day? If so you will dine at one of the 3 restaurants twice, but it will have a different menu - pirates night. pirate:
As for breakfast & lunch - you can go wherever you want, they have at least one of the three main restaurants open each day for breakfast & lunch if you prefer a sit down meal. Or you can do the buffet at Cabana's (I assume you are on the Dream) or room service or any of the other quick service places.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else. You may also find the people on the cruise board will be able to help with any questions about the kids clubs etc. :)

Just caught up with a couple of great additions to your trip report Claire. I still haven't seen anything I don't like the look of on the Dream - other than the prospect of having my credit card melted in the shops but not much I can about that right :confused3

Sounds like you do what we do as soon as we get to DTD - Hit the Earl. I love the Hawaiin too - although I am also partial to a Full Montague. It's strange though as I was only telling one of the guys at work today how he MUST go there when he goes later this year.
We've also never eaten in Raglan but those startes look a bit special :goodvibes

Great trip report so far.The pictures are amazing.:thumbsup2 A woman who loves shopping and cocktails is a woman after my own heart. :rotfl: We are leaving one month from today for the Dream and also like you are spending time at the parks after.. Question for you, Did you experience any sea sickness on or after your cruise? I see people talking about being woozy for a week after they got off the boat and we will be at the parks like you did.

Ah another great couple of days Claire! I love your shopping antics ;) Have you done any scrapbooking since you got back? xx

Just caught up with a couple of great additions to your trip report Claire. I still haven't seen anything I don't like the look of on the Dream - other than the prospect of having my credit card melted in the shops but not much I can about that right :confused3

Sounds like you do what we do as soon as we get to DTD - Hit the Earl. I love the Hawaiin too - although I am also partial to a Full Montague. It's strange though as I was only telling one of the guys at work today how he MUST go there when he goes later this year.
We've also never eaten in Raglan but those startes look a bit special :goodvibes

I couldn't find anything I didn't like either Kenny.......well except for my bar/shopping bill at the end! ;)

Mmmmmm I love Earl - I could eat one right now. :guilty:

Great trip report so far.The pictures are amazing.:thumbsup2 A woman who loves shopping and cocktails is a woman after my own heart. :rotfl: We are leaving one month from today for the Dream and also like you are spending time at the parks after.. Question for you, Did you experience any sea sickness on or after your cruise? I see people talking about being woozy for a week after they got off the boat and we will be at the parks like you did.

Oooo you lucky thing, I wish I was going back in a month. You will have an amazing time.

We have done two 4 nighters, one on the Wonder & this one. We could feel the ship moving on the Wonder and I suffered with sea legs on & off for about a week after.....but I couldn't tell if the Dream was moving or not unless I looked out to sea and I didn't have any issues after either. :thumbsup2

Ah another great couple of days Claire! I love your shopping antics ;) Have you done any scrapbooking since you got back? xx

:rotfl2: Don't be silly! I just buy it and collect it! :lmao:

I am determined to make a start on it soon, I want to get this report done first then I am going to concentrate on it. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Don't be silly! I just buy it and collect it! :lmao:

I am determined to make a start on it soon, I want to get this report done first then I am going to concentrate on it. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Love it! Even if I never bought another single scrapbooking item I could scrapbook forever with what I've got but still I NEED more :rotfl:;) Yup, get on with the report missus! :worship::lovestruc

:rotfl2: Love it! Even if I never bought another single scrapbooking item I could scrapbook forever with what I've got but still I NEED more :rotfl:;) Yup, get on with the report missus! :worship::lovestruc

:lmao: I'm exactly the same.....I have so much stuff, a whole craft room packed full of it! :scared1: I am much better now though as I will only buy WDW/DCL scrapbooking packs & albums and not tons of all the other stuff I used too.

Monday 31st January 2011

The alarm went off at 6.45am! We had both slept well, we washed and dressed and headed out to catch the bus to Magic Kingdom as today we were booked on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We didn’t have to wait long for a bus and were soon arriving at the Magic Kingdom. :banana:

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

It was about 45 minutes before opening and we went straight in through the left hand side and straight onto an empty Main Street. It is always a lovely feeling when you first lay eyes on Cinderella Castle each trip but it’s even more special when Main Street is empty. :cloud9: We had a spare ten minutes or so before we needed to check in for our tour so we walked up to the Castle taking some photos.

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

We returned back to the check in desk at City Hall for our tour and were given a guest pass, name badge and headset to wear. We met Patrick our tour guide, from Mississippi, we waited a few minutes for the last few people to check in. We chatted to another couple were doing the tour, they had been on the Dream Maiden Voyage (the guy was wearing an MV hat) they had also had a wonderful cruise.

IMG_1102.jpg

Our fabulous guide, Patrick:

IMG_1129.jpg

Whilst we were waiting for the tour to begin the characters from the Magic Kingdom opening ceremony came past:
(Sorry about the pics, I think the lens had misted up)

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

The tour was very interesting, I am not going to give many details as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone that hasn’t done it but I can highly recommend it. It lasts around 5 hours and lunch is included at Columbia Harbour House, we had Chicken nuggets, fries and a coke. We got to ride Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion without queuing and we explored Main Street, Adventureland, Liberty Square and also lots of backstage areas where we got to see lots of the parade floats, some characters ;) and Utilidors. It costs approx $65 + tax per person.

I was worried when booking it that Lee wouldn’t enjoy it as he is not “in to Disney” the same way as most of us are but I am pleased to say that he really enjoyed it, so much so that it was his favourite part of the holiday (other than the cruise). :woohoo:

Here are a few photos we took along the way:

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Continued below…….​

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

The tour finished around 2.15pm, we walked up a crowded Main Street as people were waiting for the parade but we noticed that lots of people were waving little flags, it turns out that they were Chilean flags and before the parade the Chilean Miners and Rescuers were going to be paraded down Main Street. We found a spot on Main Street and waited, we were right behind one of the miners families and they were very excited. :goodvibes:

P1020086.jpg

P1020091.jpg

P1020096.jpg

P1020097.jpg

P1020101.jpg

P1020105.jpg

P1020108.jpg

There was still about 25 minutes before the parade and we were very thirsty so we walked over to Sleepy Hollow and shared a Coke Float and a bottle of water.

IMG_1235.jpg

Just as we were finishing our drinks the parade started so we watched from just outside Sleepy Hollow.

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

P1020122.jpg

P1020123.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

P1020135.jpg

P1020130.jpg

P1020132.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

P1020144.jpg

Continued below………..​

After the parade we walked back to Main Street and had a good look in all the shops. Then we left the park and got the boat over to the Polynesian Resort. I love seeing the Grand Floridian from the water and couldn’t resist taking some photos:

P1020148.jpg

P1020154.jpg

P1020156.jpg

P1020145.jpg

P1020163.jpg

We were a little early for our ADR at ‘Ohana so we had a walk around the resort and a look in the resort shops. We checked in at 5pm and were seated a few minutes later, I ordered a Lapu Lapu and Lee had a coke.

P1020186.jpg

Then our food was bought out, which is as usual served family style. First up the Pineapple and Coconut Bread, then a Salad with honey lime dressing, followed by Chicken Wings, Pork Dumplings, three Dips, Broccoli and my favourite the noodles…..I would be happy with just a big bowl of these. :laughing: Our waitress was soon back over with all the meat skewers, Chicken, Shrimps, Pork and Steak. I also ordered a Very Berry Punch.

P1020193.jpg

P1020192.jpg

P1020196.jpg

P1020195.jpg

P1020198.jpg

P1020197.jpg

We enjoyed our dinner and paid our bill, as we were leaving they were just lining up the kids for the broom and coconut race. We tried to make a quick getaway but I ended up right in the middle of it and being chased by a huge group of kids wielding brooms. :eek: Suffice to say Lee thought it was hilarious as he had gone the other way around the restaurant and avoided the chaos. :snooty:

We took the Monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and found a spot to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade:

P1020214.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

Continued below………….​

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

After the parade we walked over to the hub and watched the new Let the Memories Begin show which is where they project photos and video clips on to the castle.

P1020340.jpg

P1020310.jpg

P1020313.jpg

P1020317.jpg

P1020332.jpg

Then ten or so minutes later we watched Wishes (sorry no photos as we just watched it for a change rather than taking pics/video) afterwards we got the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge. When we got to the resort I went in the shop to collect all my shopping from Downtown Disney that I shipped yesterday and Lee went to Mara to get some Hot Chocolates. I wish we had done it the opposite way round as I had forgotten quite how much I had bought and it was so heavy lugging it all back to the room....that will teach me! ;)

Lee was already back at the room and as I walked in and put all the shopping bags on the bed one of them fell off and knocked the boiling hot chocolate all over the floor and my foot!!!! OUCH! I spent the next twenty minutes or so sat on the edge of bath with my foot under the cold water, Lee cleaned the floor and then went back to get me another drink, bless him. After we finished our drinks Lee went on the internet for a while and I went straight to sleep.

Coming soon – Epcot!​

Oh no ! I thought this trip was going to be accident free Claire, I hope your foot was OK :hug:

What a great day, the tour sounds like lots of fun, and your photos are lovely

I think the last time I had a Lapu Lapu was with you and Ms Tart, it looks so good ::yes::

Eek, the hot chocolate incident sounds painful. :sad2:

How lovely that you saw the Chilean miners! I bet they had an amazing time.

Great pics yet again. More please! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter