Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

Thanks for posting these great rooms and comments!

I am really confused. We are booked in 8188 a verandah in the back. Is there no separation between us and our neighbors?

Wouldn't that be weird?

I took a picture of the back side as we were arriving on the Disney Cruise Line bus and you can see there are now large dividers between the verandahs. Looks like the aft verandahs are bigger (deeper) than a typical verandah. I am guessing they installed the dividers after the first photo was taken. We may be staying in 8186 on the Fantasy and I was really concerned my 4 year old would be visiting other staterooms if there were no dividers. Our family and relatives stayed in 6064, 6062, 6060 on the Dream and loved how you could have them open the verandahs and go from room to room outside, since only 2 of the 3 rooms were attached inside. Crew members can unlock them if you ask, assuming you know your neighbor. They actually unlock, fold them back and lock them open so you cannot open and close them once they are locked open.

We have moved rooms and bumped ourselves from a 3 night to a 4 night !!!!!!!! We are now in room #9662 Deluxe Family State room with large porthole with seating. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! We lost the verandah but got an extra night, awesome trade IMO!

We have moved rooms and bumped ourselves from a 3 night to a 4 night !!!!!!!! We are now in room #9662 Deluxe Family State room with large porthole with seating. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! We lost the verandah but got an extra night, awesome trade IMO!

Absolutely! I love the large porthole rooms. Good move:thumbsup2.

Mary

They take the walls down upon request for adjoining cabins when the occupants are related, etc.

They come down in a flash with special tools....saw it take about 15 secs....

Hi,
I've searched the posts, but can't find a list of the 5E rooms with a partially obstructed veranda. I know that 5024 and 5524 are to be avoided because of the much smaller verandas, but I seem to recall reading that some of the 5E veranda rooms have a partially obstructed view, due to the metal panels. Can anyone help me with a list of 5E rooms to avoid?

They take the walls down upon request for adjoining cabins when the occupants are related, etc.

They come down in a flash with special tools....saw it take about 15 secs....

Seriously? Do you arrange prior to boarding? We booked me with two girls and dh with one kid. We were planning on bungying the door open. Des this wall down procedure cost ?

I have seen some photos of the room directly over these rooms, 8000 ones. But has anyone stayed in them yet? If so what did you think. We had no idea the rooms were so oddly shaped ...makes me so nervous

I have seen some photos of the room directly over these rooms, 8000 ones. But has anyone stayed in them yet? If so what did you think. We had no idea the rooms were so oddly shaped ...makes me so nervous

I thought we saw pictures of 7000 or perhaps 7002 from some of the first cruisers in Jan/Feb. But I could be wrong. Did you search on those room #s, or on the 9A category in general?

The 9A rooms in the middle aren't that oddly shaped, since they are still generally rectangular shaped, other than the medium size porthole window that slants upwards. But the pictures I saw had them set up more like inside rooms, where the sofa is by the door, and the main bed is closer to the window. I would imagine the rooms on deck 7 look very much like the rooms on deck 8.

Seriously? Do you arrange prior to boarding? We booked me with two girls and dh with one kid. We were planning on bungying the door open. Des this wall down procedure cost ?

Opening the walls between balconies is no charge. They are happy to do it. We LOVE the balconies being connected!

anyone stay in 10114 we are booked here on the fantasy and are wondering about noise level from up above?:confused3

Here i go again....Halls if your out there..
I didnt realize that the room I booked accomodates 4 people by an "upper berth" or top bunk bed.....my DD will not be able to sleep on that

I am booked in CAT 4A room 9590 (sleeps 4 with upper berth)

my only option is to switch to 9614 , still CAT 4A, still starboard, still deck 9, sleeps 5, I will be able to use murphy bed so my daughter can sleep there, and my son can sleep on the other wall bed, so i will not use the upper berth -bed

I am concerned that it is too far toward the back of the ship?
too far away from stairs/elevators??

Do you think moving from 9590 to 9614 is a big deal as far as location?

thanks in advance
annabug

I didnt realize that the room I booked accomodates 4 people by an "upper berth" or top bunk bed.....my DD will not be able to sleep on that

my only option is to switch to 9614 , still CAT 4A, still starboard, still deck 9, sleeps 5, I will be able to use murphy bed so my daughter can sleep there, and my son can sleep on the other wall bed, so i will not use the upper berth -bed

thanks in advance
annabug

I don't think it's a big deal. Tehre are stairs and elevators at the back of the ship as well.

thanks in advance
annabug

That's only 12 staterooms away from the room you originally booked...and it isn't really that much further than you were, to the mid-ship elevators, and like jenseib said, it's also not far from the aft elevators. And most of the time, the aft elevators are less crowded anyway.

thanks in advance
annabug

Sorry for the delayed response. Just returned home from 3nts Universal, 5nts Dream, 5nts WDW and then dealt with the hurricane yesterday. As the others mentioned, I don't think the change in room locations is any big deal. While you are a little more aft, you would be half way between the midship and aft elevators, which gives you the option of using one or the other depending on which one has lower traffic. We sailed on the Dream last week, and I found the walk from aft to midship (and even all the way forward to our room 8006) wasn't nearly as bad as it looks on paper!

You are switching from a non-connecting to a connecting room, but I don't think that will be a big deal. All of our hotel rooms this trip (and most of my other trips) were connecting with no problem.

A wonderful Diser created a list of many, many rooms with info on bed config. I searched and searched and could not find it. Perhaps some one knows where to look. That link needs to be a sticky or be inside a sticky. IMHO

Ha, I found the list. well it's not as long as I recall. I thought I knew this info, but I think I'm confused now. It is late. I'll give my best interpretation. Take it with a grain salt. Perhaps others could verify.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2683348&highlight=6170+6172

Non suites
Any room that sleeps 3 has couch
any room that sleeps 4 has couch and upper pull down from ceiling
any room that sleeps 5 has those two and murphy(wall pull down)

I know of no room that has a murphy that also doesn't have the ceiling upper berth if that makes sense.

There's a few 8d's listed.

We are in an 8C room-Aft, but which is better, aft or forward? I saw an opening for the same class forward, deck 8, and we are in deck 7 now, been booked there for about a year now. should we change to forward, or does it matter? Where is the drink station located at? If we did change, would that ruin any potential chance for an upgrade, since we have been booked all along in one room and now we may switch to another, so we might start over on our booking time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter