Dress code for smart Las Vegas restaurants?

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
We have booked to eat in a few of the smarter Las Vegas restaurants during our trip in August (Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio, Nobhill at MGM Grand and a meal at one of the restaurants at the Wynn.) What would be appropriate for DH to wear? Will he need a jacket and tie or will smart trousers and a smart short sleaved shirt be OK?
Thanks

Most of the places in LV don't require a jacket, I would go with a collard shirt, and slacks. no jeans or shorts to play it safe.

if your concerned you can email the hotels by going to their website and ask. since your across the pond and it might be a challenge to phone them.

:wizard: Rudy

Thanks for the info. The hotel websites for each restaurant say business casual/elegant casual. Whatever elegant casual is!! I think we will play it safe and take a jacket and tie just in case. Like DH said, it's better to overdress and he can always take the jacket straight off.

May I suggest... although Las Vegas has seven decades of the "come as you are" philosophy, you will find your special evenings here to be more fun and memorable if you dandy up. Not only will you enjoy yourself and your company, but you will mark yourself as a resortgoer and not a down-dressed gawker.

Perhaps you will agree that staff and other guests will view you a bit differently... hosts and hostesses will pay attention to you, I guarantee, if you wear a simple sport jacket. Push a hankie in the pocket and you will look positively as One To Be Attended To.

No one here expects neckties or buttoned up garments when it is 107 degrees, as it was today. However, I submit that you will see my point if you picture 10,000 aloha shirts with you gliding amongst them, comfortable but dressy.

Naturally you must gear your gear towards your type of stay... walking? Cabbing? A car to the porte cochere? Dressy things will wilt if you walk a half block... nevertheless, I always wear a jacket over jeans, chinos, or dress trousers... if only in the air conditioning.

My best wishes for a wonderful stay here...

[On a totally different tack... it is a well-worn joke among dealers and bosses that the most beat-up looking individual is usually the one who hauls out bricks of hundred dollar bills, still in the bank straps... you never know here which ratty razorless sandal-wearer is staying in the Emperor's Suite...]

We're going in a couple of weeks and when we went out to shows last year, I always wore a jacket and DW wore nice cocktail/evening wear and we were woefully overdressed.

In the swankier restaurants we were fine, but Vegas is so blasted hot and America has gotten so casual when it comes to going out at night. This time, I'm taking nice dress pants and long-sleeve dress shirts for evening. I'm one that still believes that you don't wear short sleeves to a nice restaurant... DW will still wear nice dresses and take a wrap for inside restaurants. It is often so cool you could hang meat in them... (to coin an old west phrase)

Most nice places are business casual, and if you call & ask you'll get a no list first - no shorts, sandals, ball caps and t-shirts. So a coat & tie is good; a shirt & tie is good; and also a nice Tommy Bahama shirt with a pair of khakis is good too. I've dined at both Prime and Nobhill and they are both business casual. Have fun!

I argued with my DH about this before we left. I think more people were dressed up than not. Women were in little black dresses and heels in the evening.

Even during the day a lot of people were business casual. Theres a lot of high end shopping and people like to be dressed up even in the malls.

Next time I will bring more of my nice clothes and less jean shorts and everyday tops.

We went in Bellagios and I really felt out of place in my jean shorts and tank top. Everyone looked so nice. I decided not to sit and order a drink in Bellagios because I was the only one not dressed.

DH and I went to Vegas for the first time this July. Because of the amount of walking, and the heat, we packed for comfort. We did feel underdressed at nighttime, as was mentioned, lots of little black dresses and heels. The younger girls (and I am only 34, but they made me feel old and frumpy!) reallly get all dolled up. I guess it depends on what you do at night. If you are planning to go to Freemont Street, you would be fine in your shorts and t-shirt, but if you are going to say the Palazzo, or Bellaggio, you will feel underdressed.
We did have a terrific time, and are already talking about going back!!

My husband will sometimes wear a jacket and sometimes not. He rarely wears a tie unless its required. I always wear a dress.

We generally dress more casually for the shows than for our nice dinners there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter