Dressing in costumes on ship for adults poll

Do you (Adults)dress in costume during Halloween on the High Seas?

• During dinner.

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • During the show on deck/atrium.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • During trick-or-treating.

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • All day.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Entire trip.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I wear Disney accents or Disney Bound clothes.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I prefer not to wear a costume.

Votes: 47 53.4%

• Total voters

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
Intended for adults.
You may select all that apply.
I want to dress up, but might not have the space for the costume I want to bring.

But I love to see people in costumes if they are having a good time. Disney cruisers have some great Pirate outfits (Princess ones, too).

In general or for Halloween themed cruises?

Cruella and puppies.jpg

I always dress in costume if it is a Halloween Themed cruise on the Trick or Trick day but not on regular cruises. I do dress in nice Disney blouses for dinner (not t-shirts) and nice Disney jewelry.

MJ

Last edited:

We dressed up for a Halloween costume contest on the Fantasy. Don't know if they'll do that on your cruise, but we were pleasantly surprised about how "into" the contest people were, especially families dressed as characters from a movie.

I didn't wear a costume to dinner because I didn't want to get food all over it.

Personally during Halloween on the High Seas cruises, on the Halloween/Trick or Treat Day, I like to wear a Disney Halloween shirt during the day time, then we'll dress up in costume for the evening, wearing them to the show and dinner. As far as adults go, you definitely see a full range of some amazing costumes and some adults not dressing up at all. It's definitely my favorite time to cruise!

I sew, and a big part of the fun for me is making or altering a “cruise wardrobe” for myself and my three daughters. I don’t go “full costume” aside from pirate night, but wear something in a Disney print and with Disney accessories each day. Some items are purchased pieces, like my bathing suits (it’s hard to find Disney swim fabric and expensive to have printed), but most are me-made which helps make the countdown to vacay go faster.

We sailed the week of Halloween and dressed up 4 nights:
Formal night - with matching nice clothes (but not a true costume)
Informal night - 1920s Gatsby themed
Halloween - 1960s Hippies
Pirate Night - Pirates

Not sure if it just happens the actual week of Halloween - but there were tons of adults in costumes throughout the week.

We sailed the week of Halloween and dressed up 4 nights:
Formal night - with matching nice clothes (but not a true costume)
Informal night - 1920s Gatsby themed
Halloween - 1960s Hippies
Pirate Night - Pirates

Not sure if it just happens the actual week of Halloween - but there were tons of adults in costumes throughout the week.
People dress up on all the Halloween cruises....not just the ones around actual Halloween. Our cruise where I was Cruella above was on the October 7th cruise out of NYC. I would say 90% of the guest dressed up on the Trick or Treat day!

MJ

Last edited:
In general, I don't do costumes. I have a pirate shirt for pirate night and that's enough for me. If I were to do a Halloween Cruise, due to packing space I would probably do a low key type of Disney Bounding, or something. Not a full blown costume. However if we were driving, not flying and I had more packing options I just might. ;)

I am amazed with how all out some people go on Pirate Night. Very impressive!

This is my attempt at dress up for Pirate night:

IMG_0869.jpeg

We have photos from old cruises where we wore floor-length gowns or dresses for formal night. Now, it’s just below-the-knee dresses. And some nights, it’s jeans or knee-length shorts. I pack one dress for every two nights; I expect no one to remember what I had already worn.

I found the pirate hats at Dollar Tree and put Disney stickers over the skull and crossbones design.

We planned to on our Halloween cruise. It was just my husband and I with no kiddos. We brought shark costumes to wear halloween party day but I didn't think about that they were essentially fleece onesies and we were in the bahamas in September. So we opted not to dress up just because of how hot it was and our costume choice!

We do dress up for pirate night and such. Usually pirate tshirts during the day then before dinner we go all out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter