"Drinking establishment"

Originally posted by RussH
Very good locations so far here is something we have done way to many times. Starting around noon go have a cocktail at you're resorts Pool bar . Then everyone to the resort bus stop and go to another pool bar. Have another one or two then back on the bus to another pool bar. The goal which fades away after just a few stops is to visit as many pool bars as possible. The added bonus is if any of the group is an "expert" drinker the 45 minutes between stops helps greatly.

That sounds like fun! :teeth: Thanks for the idea.

On our last trip we met up with a bunch of Disers:wave: and we did a drink around the monorail tour. Started at the Tambu Lounge, then hopped on the monorail to the GF. After drinks at that lounge(I forget the name), we hopped the monorail again to the Outer Rim lounge at the Contemporary. While the adults had their drinks, the kids did, as they called it, arcades around the monorail. ;) It was fun for everyone.

What about Pleasure Island? ::yes:: I can't think of a better place to have a few drinks with old college buddies. ;) I love 8 Trax!! On Thursdays they have 80's night, most other nights it's 70's. All the best... ABBA, BeeGees, KC and the Sunshine Band, a total blast from the past.

I also like Kimonos at the Swan for Karoke and martinis! ;) ESPN Club is good too, and Jellyrolls.

All the resorts have bars either by the pool, near the lobby, or both. (depending on which resort) They're usually pretty quiet and good for chatting without having to yell over loud music.

If there is anywhere I ever want to be...it is Jellyrolls...I always want to be there! By far my favorite bar in the WHOLE WORLD!
Everyone should definitely check it out!

Ashley, aka
LittleMiss::MickeyMo

Jellyrolls is fun, ESPN Club also at the Boardwalk is fun. If you are doing the Boardwalk Crawl, The Bellevue room gives last call around midnight, ESPN around 1 and Jellyrolls at 1:30...I've done the Crawl a few times.......

I've always wanted to try the EPCOT drinking around the world, but would never do it when my kids are along.

I thought that the "Drinking Establishment" referred to Congress :teeth:

Ah, this takes me back to my pre-kids days...

We always liked:

Drinking around the World in Epcot,
Outer Rim at the Contemporary,
the Pool Bar at CBR,
the Territory Lounge at the WL,
Pleasure Island (a long time ago!),
or... getting your own and sitting on your balcony.

Here's another vot for the River Roost at POR and Bob Jackson. We have known Bobo for many years and never miss a show. This year we're planning on following him over to Gaylord Palms where he performs when he's not at POR. Great Fun, food and drink.

CSR has 2 great places to get a drink...

Siesta's Pool Bar and Grill in the Dig Site pool area, offers counter service food and drinks from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Francisco's, is the 200-seat lounge offering specialty drinks and Southwestern-favorite snacks such as sopas (tortillas with shredded pork, pico de gallo sauce, black beans and cheese) or enjoy a seviche bar, similar to the one at Maya Grill. The emphasis is on tequilas and Latin drinks. The lounge offers tequila flights, an assortment of tequilas brought to your table throughout the night with your food. Francisco's is open from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. daily.

we love the california grill.. you can sit and chat and watch cindy's castle change colors.. any smokers in the group can go out on the balcony and look all over disney..

a bunch of my friends and family went there the night before our wedding last year.. we had such a great time.. and then when they close, you can head on over to either jelly rolls or hit downtown disney and pleasure island..

if you want the party scene go to pleasure island and the adventurer's club.. if you want to sit and chat and just drink go to cali grill.. you're in disney.. no matter where you go you'll have a blast..

jellyrolls is on the boardwalk.. it's a dueling piano bar that is lots and lots of fun!!! the guys playing the piano's are great..

21 and over bar..

We really liked Mizner's-- great, grown-up atmosphere, very classy, good bartender. We had a very nice time there having pre-dinner drinks, met a good variety of people on their honeymoon, on business, etc.

We had a couple drinks at the BelleVue room at the Boardwalk-- nice room, but for some reason there were families with babies camping out on the couches. Nothin' against babies, it is WDW after all, but it wasn't the atmosphere we were looking for.

This was the beginning of a mini-Boardwalk crawl-- we went to sit at the bar at Flying Fish, which had a couple interesting original drinks, and we got some appetizers. We finished the evening at Kimonos for Kirin Beer, sushi and karaoke. Boardwalk is a good place to go if you want to have lots of choices-- if one atmosphere does not suit you, you can move on.

My three favorite watering holes, in no order:

Mitso No Ma Lounge in Japan
Mizner's (GF)
Outer Rim (CR).

If you're on the monorail line, consider a bar crawl, as one poster already suggested. My friends and I begin at Mizner's, take the monorail to the Outer Rim, and finish at the Tambu Lounge. If you feel like hoofing it, you can take the boat from the CR to Wilderness Lodge's Territory Lounge.

Thank God for Disney Transport!

Originally posted by WDW LifeLong Fan
.....Blame it on your friends! lol

I usually prefer "vino" however, the Crews Cup has a BIG :eek: Frosted Scooner of "Sam Adams" that really is a great way to end the day or before heading out to SAB!

I can taste it now! ::yes::

Enjoy!

SAM ADAMS!!!

I live in Canada and we don't have Sam Adams. I would love to find a nice mug of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat on draft, anyone come across this at WDW?

We love the bar at the main pool in CBR. The same bartender, Mike, has been there since our Honeymoon in 2000. He remembers us every year! Athough they don't have it anymore, they once had a reggae band by the pool every night. The atmospere is still nice, though, and there is a lot of seating outdoors around the bar.

If they are a bunch of guys and like sports, I would go to the ESPN cafe at the boardwalk, great place.

Looking for a quiet get away that has a quiet atmosphere then the lounge at the WL is a favorite.

Getting together with friends the place to hang out and be a little noisy is the Rose and Crown at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter