Drive or Fly

crazelion

<font color=blue>Form feet and legs...form arms an
If had a choice which would do. I live in Chattanooga is facing a 10 hour drive to Orlando. I do the drive that no problem. The only hard is getting through Atlanta. But's a along drive. It's just me and mom. Then pray that put all the signs up going to Disney world at lest i won't get lost. Drive is cheaper. I do it only a 100.00 dollars easy. I have Nissian senta that get's excellent gas milages.

Or
Or fly which still learning is a very expensive flying. It looks get it will cost 500.00 dollars for two people to fly. That's not even inclding to and from the airport. I'm looking flying out of Chattanooga because I can get a friend to drop us off. Now if have two drive to Atlanta airport well that's different story. I have leave my car in long term parking or take something call Express shuttle to get the airport in Atlanta.

Which would you do.

I would drive it. If you fly out of Atlanta, you'd be driving through Atlanta anyway to get to the airport. (and I grew up in Calhoun, GA, so I know all about Atlanta traffic)

I've done the drive to Orlando before and it's really not that bad. Once you're past Macon, it's mostly pretty flat rural scenery until you reach Orlando. Don't forget about the tolls on the Florida Turnpike, though.

I wish I lived only 10 hours away from Orlando.... We would drive more often. As it is, it takes about 20 hours for us which I have to do in 2 days.. Consequently we haven't driven to WDW in 10 years now. Luckily for us, however, the Chicago market is very competitive for the airlines and we typically can find airfare from 120 to 180 r/t.... I would say do what you feel is most comfortable for you. I know I would make a 10 hour drive without thinking about it.. My wife has problems with her back and sometimes a 5 hour ride is more than she can take.

We drive--and it's almost 1,000 miles.
Air travel just too crazy and time consuming (at the airports) for us to do anymore. Add up the flight ticket prices, the cost of renting a car at WDW, the cost of long-term parking at the airport for our car--makes driving look like a pretty good alternative.

If it is only a day hour drive, take your car. It will be great having one while down there!

We will be driving for the first time next week.

Airfare is TOO expensive now. And we always get a rental car. It would cost us about $1500 to fly and get a car vs. about $150 driving.

Plus the extra time it takes at the airport now is ridiculous.

We're driving too. Our trip is in January and, while airfare was very reasonable ($500.00 for all 4 of us) on ATA awhile back, I was having trouble with a rental car because we will be there for two weeks. Total airfare and rental car was just about $950.00 and we can drive both ways for about $300 including overnight stays on the way down and back -- we wish we lived 10 hours away!

Thanks guys for giving me your opionions.

I do this trip under 1000.00 now. I used that 500.00 dollars I was used for airfare for the hotel.

The trip is be sometime in August 2003 just as soon i confirm the southern League baseball scedule.;) We is doing Wedesday thru Sunday.

Have fun on your disney trip. We drove last year to WDW. It took us 16 hours (with all the traffic) We could have made it there in 14 and we drove straight all the way. I enjoyed it. Hope you have a magical stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter