• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drivers Liscense required for Disney Dollar Purchase at Disney Store?

Mal,

I haven't noticed a difference friendliness-wise between the two store, but I've only been to the Northgate store 4 or 5 times. Most of those visits have been recently.

I usually go on Saturdays (either store) and it always seems that the same CMs are working. There is definitely a different feel to each store. Maybe the new CM was just uncertain about policy and nervous about a manager being nearby. But in any event, I think the rudeness was uncalled for.

I buy Disney Dollars all the time for baby showers / kids birthdays etc - I have never had anyone ask me for any id. This seems a little strange to me. I would make a couple of calls and gently complain. Upper management won't fix things unless they know there is a problem. Just my two cents.

It sounds like the person who 'helped' you needed a little more training before she was 'let loose'. The manager probably gave her feedback after you left the store. In a situation like that, I would definitely voice my opinion. It would have been harmless to ask 'why?'. Maybe the manager would have stepped up and either explained why your id was needed or apologized for the rudeness. I recently went into my local DS and purchased $500.00 in DD with a check. I didn't get a second look. Chances are, they won't be reading these boards, so the best way for them to hear your frustration is to call 'upper management'.

I was returning a coat from the Disney online store and said I wanted it to be refunded in Disney Dollars. I was asked to show my Driver's License and I am sure it had nothing to do with the exchange since I could tell she already inputted that part into the computer. Only when the Store Manager came and asked how I wanted it in dollar amounts did the other one ask for my license. I was about to ask why but had no agenda to ask but now I wish I did so I could see what my store here would of said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter