Driving from Ontario to Orlando fl.

Hello: Any Canadians drive to Orlando fl and back in the past month from Ontario. Can you tell me how much the total for gas was both ways.

Deb.
Lots of variables for this one, including route and the type of vehicle you're driving. We used a rental for the drive (Camry) and it was in the range of approx. US$200 each way or so from GTA.

Thanks, I remember last time we went in 2018 i believe gas was around $2.40 a gallon range. Now it is almost $4 to 5 a gallon. We drive a mini van.

We drove mid April from Durham region taking the 79/77/95 etc route.. we had a rental Ford Expedition (we typically get a Doge Caravan but they didn’t have any at time of pick up) our total was around $550-$600 USD round trip.. we didn’t use any cheap gas apps or drive around looking for cheaper gas.. when we needed it, we pulled off and filled up, providing there was a Dunkin Donuts near by haha

For comparison with the Caravan/pre Covid we would be $275-$300 USD round trip

Hi: Thank you, I guess you can say the gas price has doubled. We used to pay $500 u.s. for our gas there and back and two nights one on the way there and one on the way back hampton inn and suites or fairfield inn $105. So i will need a good discount on the hotel rooms at disney. By the way those same hotels are from $140 to160 us a night. Everything has gone up unfortunately.

Yes I agree on the doubling… we stayed at the same hotel on the way down and the way home in Mooresville North Carolina and we found the price had gone up since our last drive pre Covid… we are actually driving down again in July but with smaller vehicle (Hyundai Sante Fe) so it will be interesting to see the difference in gas… the big Ford Expedition we rented in April was very very nice… but also very very thirsty for the gas

I'm driving my Mustang down in August, first drive in 3 years. Leaving from the Niagara area, AAA estimated fuel cost = a little over $400 USD.

I was thinking of doing this, never driven so far before. Even the trip I did to New Jersey, the drive there was great, the drive home seemed to take forever even though it was the same time/distance, so I worry about that. And the cost of gas 😯

Yes I agree on the doubling… we stayed at the same hotel on the way down and the way home in Mooresville North Carolina and we found the price had gone up since our last drive pre Covid… we are actually driving down again in July but with smaller vehicle (Hyundai Sante Fe) so it will be interesting to see the difference in gas… the big Ford Expedition we rented in April was very very nice… but also very very thirsty for the gas
Fords are very gas thirsty when you compare them to similar models.

If you have a Costco card, I'd suggest finding locations along the way for your fuel stops. I remember looking at gasbuddy or something when I went in 2017 and Costco was always the cheapest price in the area.

Following this as we plan to drive in August as well - from SW Ontario to Disney World & Disney Wish! We last did the drive in 2017 and took the beautiful 79/77/95 route, although it’s about 2 hrs longer than taking i75 for us. Last few trips we have flown, including Christmas 2021 and Easter 2022, but want to drive again this summer. Are we crazy? Haha. We have a Ford Explorer.
Love everyone’s tips.

Sorry to be that guy... but about $50CDN in electricity each way
Curious. How far can you get on a charge and then how long do you have to sit around waiting for recharge. Curious how these vehicles handles long trips like this.

Curious. How far can you get on a charge and then how long do you have to sit around waiting for recharge. Curious how these vehicles handles long trips like this.
Depending on the car, you get 400-500km range. So have to stop to charge every 3-4 hours. Charge takes 20-30 minutes. So long enough to get a coffee, use the washroom, stretch the legs. It's much more civilized than go-go-go driving. I've done a number of long trips and love it.

Depending on the car, you get 400-500km range. So have to stop to charge every 3-4 hours. Charge takes 20-30 minutes. So long enough to get a coffee, use the washroom, stretch the legs. It's much more civilized than go-go-go driving. I've done a number of long trips and love it.

I didn't think there were that many places to stop and charge up, it's why I have ruled out a fully electric car for my next purchase and was thinking hybrid. Interesting information, so thank you for that.

I didn't think there were that many places to stop and charge up, it's why I have ruled out a fully electric car for my next purchase and was thinking hybrid. Interesting information, so thank you for that.
The charging infrastructure has made huge advances in the past couple years. Unless I'm way off the beaten path, I've never had to worry about finding a place.

Thanks for making this post OP as I was about to book plane tickets, but read this post instead. We have a trip booked end of April/early May 2023. If we drive down, I calculated we will save about $3000! Totally worth the try for us!

Sorry to be that guy... but about $50CDN in electricity each way
How was the placement of ESVEs and how much time did it add? I’m from the Midwest with a new EV and don’t have a feel for whether it will (as a practical matter) add an overnight stop to the trip.

FIrst of
How was the placement of ESVEs and how much time did it add? I’m from the Midwest with a new EV and don’t have a feel for whether it will (as a practical matter) add an overnight stop to the trip.
I'll respond to you in a PM so this thread can get back on topic.

My husband and I just had a trip from extreme N. Mn. to Tn. I was very surprised at the cost of hotel rooms. At a Best Western it cost over $200.00 and that is With their member card!!!! On the way back, we stopped at a BW and with the card it is $114.00. I guess where you stop makes a big difference. Just be prepared for higher hotel costs than you have paid before. The gas to and from, fYI, was a little over $200.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter