Driving Time

WVMomof3

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me what time we should leave our hotel (near the John Wayne Airport) to get to Universal Studios before the 9 am opening on a Saturday morning?

Also, we will be leaving the Hollywood area on Sunday and driving to San Diego. Are there times we should avoid leaving or is traffic not that bad on Sunday? About how long should this drive be?

Thanks for any help!!

With no traffic (which there shouldn't be on Saturday morning) I think it should take you about an hour to drive from John Wayne to Universal - but remember to allow time to park and buy tickets, too.

It's about 2 1/2 hours from Universal to San Diego...but there *always* seems to be slow traffic in northern San Diego county these days, even on weekends, so it could be closer to three hours. And it's always a little slow getting through downtown LA on 101/I5. You're definitely doing yourself a favor in going from Universal to San Diego on Sunday rather than Saturday, though - Saturday traffic going south is awful - I've seen it bumper-to-bumper all the way from Irvine to Del Mar. If you're driving at night (leaving after 8:00) then you shouldn't have any traffic, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter