Driving to disney from new york this december

imlsherman

Mouseketeer
We have made this trip several times and was wondering if anybody had some suggestion on how to make the trip a little more kid friendly. We have done the trip without staying over before but we are think of breaking it up this time. Any feedback would be great.

How old are your kids? LAst trip we visited the Air & Space Museum Annex at Dulles, and Savannah.

We drive down from CT often! :goodvibes. Leaving very, very early in the morning we have done quick stops. Car loaded with Disney DVDs to watch, pillows, blankets, snacks. We stop at Hilton Head Island. Take a day there, another on the way back if we have points & the best cms around. Love HHI! December will still be fine, they lit a fire, sang songs, we had a great time.

dvcterry said:
We drive down from CT often! :goodvibes. Leaving very, very early in the morning we have done quick stops. Car loaded with Disney DVDs to watch, pillows, blankets, snacks. We stop at Hilton Head Island. Take a day there, another on the way back if we have points & the best cms around. Love HHI! December will still be fine, they lit a fire, sang songs, we had a great time.

Thanks for the suggestion I am going to look into Hilton head that sounds like a great idea how for is the drive from HH to Disney.

HHI is pretty much at the SC-Georgia border. I think last time took us 5 or 6 hours by my memory. It was fairly quick. After breakfast we headed out and were at WDW by lunchtime. Since we had the car, we packed some beach items. There's a beach house, second pool, and great beach at HHI. Lots of activities. A pier to do some fishing. Bike rentals. And if you really need something to do, lay in a hammock. Then you'll know your on vacation. :) But if the weather is mild take a walk around Shelter Cove, around the resort. Having the car makes it great. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter