Driving to MK???

tynkrB

Mouseketeer
I think we just decided to rent a car for our upcoming stay. I am cluesless about this as we have always used Disney Transportation in the past. I have a few questions.

1. We are staying at OKW for the first time and we want to be at the MK gates before they open (no PS as of yet...still hoping). Can we drive to the TTC, take the monorail and get to MK before the gates open without a PS? Or would we be better off just taking the bus?

2. Since we have the car should we plan on using it to drive to all the parks from OKW or are buses better to certain locations?

3. How long is the drive from MCO to OKW? How much time should I expect it to take?

I am really uncertain about the whole car thing, as we have always used the Disney transportation, but we can get a great deal for just a little more than a towncar so it seems like a reasonable thing to do. If anyone has any advice or input please let me know.

Thanks so much.
Kim (15 days to go...ACK!)
:Pinkbounc

Well... Personally, I'd recommend using Disney Transport for your World Travels... Old Key West isn't a heavy demand area, so the busses are very rarely crowded. During the summer, I think I might have seen one or two times when folks had to stand on an Old Key West bus... (both times during a MK Exit)

The bus will most always be quicker for the Magic Kingdom, than driving. With the car, you have to go out to World Drive, through the toll plaza (even though parking is free for resort guests, you still have to wait in line at the plaza, and to be parked). Then there's the tram... although, in the early mornings, they have you park in the Minnie section, and walk to the TTC. Keep in mind, unless you have Priority Seating, you may not board the monorail until 8:45am. The busses, however, will drop you off right at the gate, starting at 7:30.

OKW is pretty close to MK, Epcot, Studios, and Downtown Disney... the only one that's far off would be DAK... and even that's not too bad.

Personally, I would take the bus to MK and drive everywhere else. If you get to the other parks early enough, the parking spots are almost as close as the bus stops, and driving sure is a lot less hassle. Although if you're not dealing with small children and strollers the buses wouldn't be as bad. I HATE trying to get on a bus at the end of the day with a sleeping child and a stroller that needs to be folded, lifted, and jammed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter