driving to Williamsburg

damo

Proud Redhead
Has anyone driven from the Toronto area to Williamsburg? We're driving down on August 8 to spend a week at the Fairfield Kingsgate. There seem to be so many options on which way to go. How long does it take, etc., etc., etc.? Any help would be much appreciated.

We own a timeshare in Williamsburg and we were just there three weeks ago...it takes us 8 hours to drive from Northeastern PA to Williamsburg...it takes us about 6 hours to get to Niagara Falls (if you are anywhere near there)...we take I-81 to I-64 or else you can get to I-95 to I-64 and go around the Washington, DC area but you will hit lots of traffic.

We travelled to Williamsburg from Ontario last summer. Had an amazing time. Someone posted www.freetrip.com the other day and I tried it for the Williamsburg trip. What an amazing tool!I wish I'd had it last year because the route it chose made much more sense and it gave a list of hotels in the areas. Just curious how you booked your condo? We still have annual passes and I would like to go back at the end of summer!

Thanks, I'll give freetrip a try. We're just not sure if we should go down to Pittsburgh and then cut across or if we should take the smaller highways straight down from Buffalo (us 219).

We got our condo through RCI timeshare. We actually waited a whole year before one came available and it's only a one bedroom when we traded a two bedroom. Oh well.

We own at Greensprings Plantation in Williamsburg so it is easy for us to get a place down there...we also had an annual pass from last year which was about to expire so we decided to drive down for a long weekend (5 days) so we could get another trip out of our pass!! We used to trade thru RCI but last year switched to II and I had 11,000 pts to use up from RCI (that were banked) which had to be used up or lost since we no longer exchanged with RCI---we just got back from Fairfield Nashville thru one of these exchanges and liked it very much. I have never stayed at Fairfield Williamsburg but have traded my DVC to the Marriot at Fords Colony (in Williamsburg) which is absolutely beautiful. Have a wonderful trip and if you should need any additional information on Williamsburg, just post and I will try to answer your questions....we go at least every other year or sometimes every year and I think you will enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter