DS got his orders

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
He is going to S Korea!! He will be home for 10 days then RA for 14 then off to S Korea. Then DD is off to Basic for the Marines!!:sad1: YES!!!! I am VERY proud (BUT the Mom in me is saying NO you cannot go anywhere!) I am proud of their incredibly responsible decision making but man....what am I gonna do:confused3

My husband did a one year unaccompanied tour there. We were engaged at the time and I visited him at Camp Casey for 2 weeks. I hope he enjoys!

I did 2 tours in Korea, 1 at Camp Casey and 1 at Camp Greaves, it's not a bad place at all.

Good luck, God bless and BE SAFE.

But the Marines? The little boys department of the Navy. (sorry had to say it I am a Sailor).

MM1(SS) Edmondson, M.R.
Trident Refit Facility
Kings Bay, Ga.
United States Navy

Thanks to your son for his service! Our son is in the Navy and stationed at Andrews Air Force Base in MD where he is an AO2. I was a Navy Radioman from 1971-1972 and was stationed on Guam for 3 years.

Wow, two kids in the military, you should be so proud:) DS is in the Air Force and would love to go to South Korea! He's been in 16 months and has been in tech school the whole time. He did get to spend almost a year at Eglin in Destin, FL but now he's in Biloxi, MS. Originally he was scheduled to go to Minot, ND but that's changed. He'll get his new orders in March and he's really hoping to go overseas!

Thanks to you and your children for their service.:thumbsup2

Well, if it were me, and my kids aren't old enuff yet ... but I would 'adopt' alot of new kids where ever my kids went .. which is what I do now through the schools .. it's been a big blessing ..

Do you scrapbook? Start a shower of handmade cards to where your kids will be, I'll help!

Umm .. I know your heart will be sad .. but know that I'm just as proud of your kids for serving as you are =]

He is going to S Korea!! He will be home for 10 days then RA for 14 then off to S Korea. Then DD is off to Basic for the Marines!!:sad1: YES!!!! I am VERY proud (BUT the Mom in me is saying NO you cannot go anywhere!) I am proud of their incredibly responsible decision making but man....what am I gonna do:confused3

Yes I have been scrapbooking ever since he first went to basic. I really love doing that and it helps me feel more involved in their lives somehow.

Bless your heart, I know the feeling all too well, but OMG you have a Soldier and a Marine! How proud you must be :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2!! Rest assured he will be fine, luckily So Korea is not a bad deployment. Our DS is Army officer, so we've been thru trials and tribulations of his many transfers, plus Airborne school, Ranger school, Korea, Iraq and now Afghansitan. I've had to toughen up a lot, but still hard to believe these babies we held in our arms are now grown up and serving our wonderful country. THX, Godspeed and HOOAH to your brave Soldier and Marine, as we Moms always keep the faith and try to stay strong. :hug:

My husband has done two one year stints over there without us. I was able to go visit the first time once. The second time I went to visit once by myself and once with my kids. It was great for the kids to see where there dad was and why he was gone and to experience a different culture. I loved S. Korea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter