Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls

chris78

Earning My Ears
I read on an "unofficial" site that the ripsaw falls is going to be closed until april. Is this true? I'm going to universal in about 10 days and I LOVE THIS RIDE. I went last year with some friends and went on it 12 times in 2 days (very small lines). I'm bringing my girlfriend this year and may have to cancel the trip if this ride isn't open! If you know let me know! Thnaks!:bounce:

I'd love to know where you got this information from. There is no reason to believe Ripsaw will be closed anytime this year or next. No closure is currently planned, or necessary. As far as next year, these things aren't set this far out. and unlike some places we don't close our water rides during the winter. Please tell me who is spreading this inaccurate information.

I believe he is referring to www.islandsofadventure.com which, last time I checked, had not updated its website from when Dudley Do-Right was closed last year until April.

:) Hope this helps,
Charlie

It was closed when I was there on Thursday! Good thing I went on Tuesday!!

What does that mean "downtime" ? Will it be closing? I love that ride, and when I go back in the fall I hope it's still going.

It means either a technical repair was needed of some sort, or the ride was stop due to something a guest did. A downtime is might be only a few minutes long, but could be extended dependent on the circumstances. When Ripsaw stops, all of the water is shutdown and the guests must be removed from the ride before it can be restarted. So any occurence there will take some time to recover from.

Currently the attraction does not have a scheduled shutdown period for the near future.

Earl I'm not sure if you will answer this or not but what are some of the things a guest can do to stop the ride. I'm sure you don't want to give out ideas to would be ride wreckers. How about some examples though ?

You wouldn't believe what goes on, but the single biggest reason is people getting out of the ride vehicle. There's quite a few more, but you have it correct, it's better not discussed.

intresting to see this thread and ripsaw just happened to be down this morning and the word being spread is that it should have been back up by 3 or 4 this pm. Maybe they should schedule some maintenance since none of the water was running, it was down for more than a minor incident.

It was a mechanical problem that was resolved by just after noon. No big deal, it just took some time to get repaired.

one time i was stuck, in the dark, in the first drop for 10 min. finally they let us go suddenly. It was so scary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter