DVC 1,000 Point Club (2024)

Same here. We bought in 8 years ago with two 60-point direct contracts at PVB. Within the first year it was up to 526. Sat there for a few years then got to 776. Added at VDH last May and that’s 926. I said no more cuz I didn’t want to go over 1000.
Well today 250 AUL points contract was sent in for ROFR review 😂😂😂
Eeeek. That would put us at 1176 😬😍
OK points were loaded so it’s official. 😇

1176 points (PVB, VGC, VGF, SSR, BLT, AUL, BCV, RIV and VDH, in order of purchase).

Quite the list! Looks easier to list the resorts you don't own at: OKW, BWV, HHI, VRB, BRV, AKV, CCV, and CFW.

Considering the bias against older resorts and any sort of 'wilderness', you might be Leo DeCaprio.
Ooh you are right! One less if listing where I don’t own at 😅😅

Quite the list! Looks easier to list the resorts you don't own at: OKW, BWV, HHI, VRB, BRV, AKV, CCV, and CFW.

Considering the bias against older resorts and any sort of 'wilderness', you might be Leo DeCaprio.
I do love AKV, CCV and BWV. Only reason to stay at AKV is the savanna view, which is easy to book at 7 months. I have had luck with BWV also so haven’t considered buying there either. CCV may be added 🤔😉
Thankfully hubs just signs whatever I put in front of him 🤣🤣🤣

OK
Convince me NOT to buy 30 points Direct!
I'm still at 970, and the FOMO is killing me :D
I search every day for that perfect 30 point listing with a resort & use year that fits into my existing portfolio but, alas, there are currently none to be found. :confused3
Lol. Can’t help you there. The only option is to buy 30 points direct.
I have 1039 points, but the fact that it is an odd number is killing me. I am constantly on the look out for a 61 point resale, but will ultimately end up buying Poly 2 purely to even this up 😂

OK
I search every day for that perfect 30 point listing with a resort & use year that fits into my existing portfolio but, alas, there are currently none to be found. :confused3
Once again, people have come to the wrong place for this kind of support.

I actually don’t know how you’ve resisted so long! I’m not telling you what to do with your money but if you don’t by 30 points direct on Monday you’re crazy.

(I’m obviously very much joking, good on you for the restraint lol but also if it’s not a financial burden just do it, what a relief and joy to be at 1k!)

OK
I keeping telling myself I don’t need ~30 more VGF points also 🤦🏻‍♀️

OK
30 points - I would so do it direct right now!

Wow I just found this thread - new to DVC (just signed deeds a couple days ago) and new to this forum.

1100 direct points all at OKW.

This whole thing is bat [expletive] crazy. Now that I've had a little time to look through the reservation system, I'm thinking I need 11 month access to BLT in order to improve my odds of getting theme park view 2 bdrm Villa reservations in December (which is special to me), but I have to wait until 7 months because of my OKW contracts.

Easy solution for that - buy a couple resale BLT contracts for enough points to make those 11 month villa reservations... 500 more ought to do it.

Wait, maybe it's just me that is bat [expletive] crazy?

Last edited:
Wow I just found this thread - new to DVC (just signed deeds a couple days ago) and new to this forum.

1100 direct points all at OKW.

This whole thing is bat [expletive] crazy. Now that I've had a little time to look through the reservation system, I'm thinking I need 11 month access to BLT in order to improve my odds of getting theme park view 2 bdrm Villa reservations in December (which is special to me), but I have to wait until 7 months because of my OKW contracts.

Easy solution for that - buy a couple resale BLT contracts for enough points to make those 11 month villa reservations... 500 more ought to do it.

Wait, maybe it's just me that is bat [expletive] crazy?
There is also the waitlist system…. but BLT resale is a smoking hot deal right now. 500 points would probably run you around $60k + closing costs….

I think it would be wise to remind yourself that there is a good chance that what you love/can't live without will change over time. Right now two 2BR at BLT is your dream, but what if the new rooms in the Polly tower are amazing and that's where you "need" to be 2 to 3 years from now. With 1,100 points, you bring a lot of renting power to the table that most DVC members could only dream of (of course with a $$$ dues bill with it). You always have the option of booking the rooms you need at OKW to 100% have a place to stay when you need to go and I think you will be happy with what you will get at 7 months but you just cant have your heart set on 100% I have to get this. Even with home-resort priority I try and have a plan B if things just don't work out. For your BLT dreams, I think if you are okay with Lake View the chances go way up.

As I daydream about what points I want to make all of my DVC booking dreams come true I would likely need approaching 4000 points. Perhaps some day :)

I think it would be wise to remind yourself that there is a good chance that what you love/can't live without will change over time. Right now two 2BR at BLT is your dream, but what if the new rooms in the Polly tower are amazing and that's where you "need" to be 2 to 3 years from now. With 1,100 points, you bring a lot of renting power to the table that most DVC members could only dream of (of course with a $$$ dues bill with it). You always have the option of booking the rooms you need at OKW to 100% have a place to stay when you need to go and I think you will be happy with what you will get at 7 months but you just cant have your heart set on 100% I have to get this. Even with home-resort priority I try and have a plan B if things just don't work out. For your BLT dreams, I think if you are okay with Lake View the chances go way up.

As I daydream about what points I want to make all of my DVC booking dreams come true I would likely need approaching 4000 points. Perhaps some day :)

It is not a coincidence that I heard almost the same thing from my guide earlier today, who was calling to confirm all my documents were in order and to ask if I was done buying points from him at OKW...... :P

I explained my BLT resale idea and he said "most owners find their resort preferences change over time". So... maybe I should just buy another few hundred points at OKW and really be done with it? Will the hunt for more points ever end?

So... maybe I should just buy another few hundred points at OKW and really be done with it? Will the hunt for more points ever end?
If adding a few hundred more points was already in the plans and you have a budget and a solid forecast of what you will do with the points then I think you should consider buying at BLT if that is a true goal for you. I’d also ask if heading west to Disneyland is ever a need and would having points there be a requirement? Of course BLT resale becomes a whole different value in 2042 and beyond and would having more direct points help you. What if they actually build reflections a few years from now and that has great theme park views…. That’s the fun of DVC. So many options.

You also may consider if having two UYs are a good idea as you progress down this path. Not recommended for most, but if you have a ton of points that you can leverage to do cool things in each UY then you can have less dead spots across the year. I have two with good overlap at two peak times and I like that coverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter