DVC After Hours Events and Fast Passes.

Geyser Gazer

Mouseketeer
If fast passes are available during the timeframe of say an Epcot Moonlight Madness can DVC members use them even without purchasing an Epcot day ticket?

You can't book anything online (in advance) using FP+ if you don't have an active park pass available in your MDE Account. However, if you do have an available park pass in your MDE -- you should be able to book one, maybe two, FP if ride times are still available near the end of the regular park hours ... during that crossover period between [Earliest check-in for Special Event] and [Park Closes to daytime guests].

FWIW, at the November Member Moonlight Magic event at DL this month, we immediately pulled paper FP for Indiana Jones on arrival to the park using the paper passes issues to us on check-in. It worked.

For an upcoming hard ticket event at MK, I was able to book one FP+ for 7DMT in the late cross-over hours. Plenty of other attractions also offered FP but I was blocked from booking a second ticket due to the required "time between events." Just not enough time between our 7DMT time slot and park closing to snag a second FP. The tricky thing for me .. I'll have used the one day of theme park entrance from my MDE account the day prior to the hard ticket event ... so that might wipe out my FP? We'll see ...

Thanks bwvBound. We do have an active park pass available in MDE and 730 FP+. So we will check in for Moonlight Madness at the resort 630 or Epcot 730. I am assuming we will get a hard ticket at that time for entry but then we can use our Magic bands at the ride fast past entrance, right? Thanks.

Thanks bwvBound. We do have an active park pass available in MDE and 730 FP+. So we will check in for Moonlight Madness at the resort 630 or Epcot 730. I am assuming we will get a hard ticket at that time for entry but then we can use our Magic bands at the ride fast past entrance, right? Thanks.

They hand out wrist bands that identify you as able to stay for the event, there is no ticket.

I'd say that technically in this case, unless you entered on a hard ticket you are not supposed to use FP's. At least those are the rules now outlined by Disney.

Am I understanding this correctly. We're attending the Dec 11th DVC event. I was able to reserve FP+ for two attractions since I have tickets on my MDE account, the first from 7:30 - 8:30 and the second from 8:30 - 9:30. We plan to enter the park at 7:30 with the DVC party ticket, so are you saying we won't be able to use these two FP+ since we're using a DVC party ticket to enter the park and not a day ticket.

Am I understanding this correctly. We're attending the Dec 11th DVC event. I was able to reserve FP+ for two attractions since I have tickets on my MDE account, the first from 7:30 - 8:30 and the second from 8:30 - 9:30. We plan to enter the park at 7:30 with the DVC party ticket, so are you saying we won't be able to use these two FP+ since we're using a DVC party ticket to enter the park and not a day ticket.

Several months ago Disney announced that the FP's one use have to be associated with the ticket used for entry or they may lock your account. Just sharing the requirements that they have gone to.

That's the theory, but we do not know for sure, either way - but see Kat's post above, which leads us to the "theory"..

Personally, I would be very surprised if you could use a FP+ without having entered the park with an actual ticket. For the MK event, we didn't use tickets/MBs for park entry. We also entered early before the park closed to day guests, but we went in via a special entrance where CMs were checking for the wristband.

You could try entering the park with your regular ticket, then exit and come back in with your DVC ticket to get the wristband.

You could try entering the park with your regular ticket, then exit and come back in with your DVC ticket to get the wristband.

At other events they've had stations set up in the parks to distribute bands prior to the event starting. No need to exit.

You guys all have a good point. Do you think I should go ahead and cancel the two fP+ I have reserved since I'll be coming into the park early with the DVC party wristband and not a ticket.

I'm going to cancel mine. I originally got them in case we did not get into the Moonlight Madness, once we did I wondered if I should keep the FP+ that overlapped the time frame. Appreciate the comments on this board, figure its not worth it if its not appropriate.

I've already cancel my two FP+. Looking forward to enjoying the evening at EPCOT. Can wait to hear the reviews from the Dec 4th event.

We used FP+ for FoP at the beginning of the AK moonlight magic in September and we were advised to scan magicbands for tickets at the gate at the same time we got the wristbands. Obviously it wasn't a big deal since we have APs, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

I wanted to mention that at the Epcot Moonlight Magic event on the 4th we were asked if we had any FP's scheduled for that evening as we checked in for our wristbands at the front gate. We had AP's and Park Hoppers that had already been used for that day so we were qualified to use the one FP I had gotten for us after using earlier ones at another park. So they were requesting daily tickets to use the FP's.

If fast passes are available during the timeframe of say an Epcot Moonlight Madness can DVC members use them even without purchasing an Epcot day ticket?

From the member website:

Important Information

• Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in. Member listed on the Membership card must be in attendance.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Magic Kingdom park is valid for the duration of the event, which begins at 9:00 PM. Members and their special guests can enter the park as early as 6:00 PM. If you wish to enter Magic Kingdom park before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold.
  • Party size limited to the Member plus 5 Guests—or limited to the total number of Guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation(s).
  • Offer is non-transferable, subject to availability, change or termination without notice.
  • Attendees under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • This is a rain-or-shine event; some experiences may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
  • We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
  • Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Members will be notified via resort communication.
  • FastPass+ selections may only be reserved using valid theme park admission linked to a My Disney Experience account. Theme park admission must be used at the Main Entrance touchpoints for FastPass+ selections to be valid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter