DVC and our Anniversary...don't know where to turn

jasheehy

Mouseketeer
We have already scheduled a 11 day stay next July. We will be there during our 20th anniversary (with our 3 kids, 19, 14, 10).

If I call (and who) can they (DVC, Resort, Disney) set up something for our anniversary,...will they do anything, or what can we do?

Open to any ideas or suggestions. Thanks.

John :wave:

We were at OKW with our adult kids during our 35th anniversary a couple years ago. We made a reservation at Artist Point for the two of us on the actual anniversary date. When I made the reservation, I told them it was for our 35th anniversary. That night, when dinner was done, they brought us their signature berry cobbler on the house.

If you are talking about a cake or something like that, I know there are bakerys in the area that cater to that kind of thing, but we have not used them as yet.

Oh yes, and we had dinner at the Garden Grill earlier in the day, and they did the "rehitching ceremony". A lot of fun, and we laughed ourselves silly!

My wife and I just celebrated our 10th anniversay at WDW in September. My wife made sure that our anniversary was noted on our reservation and also on all of our ADRs.

We went without any expectations for anything special, but hoped that a cast member or two might spread a little pixie dust. :wizard:

When we checked into the BWV, in our room there were balloons and a "signed" picture from Mickey and Minnie wishing us a happy anniversary. At each of the restaurants we were also surprised to receive a little something extra. At Spoodles on our first night, the waiter brought out a chocoalte cupcake with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. At Chef Mickey's for breakfast, they gave us special signed placemats as souveniers and made an announcement about our celebration during the meal. At the California Grill, our dessert came with an extra "Happy Anniversary" card made of chocolate. At Wispering Canyon they had us compete in a kissing contest with two newly wed couples and later brought out chocolate cupcakes and gummy worms so we could recreate feeding cake to each other for the entire restaurant. At Cape May, our waiter was very low key and gave us each a glass of champagne to celebrate. My wife's uncle also arranged for us to receive balloons and another signed card (this one from Cinderella and Prince Charming) on the day of our anniversary.

It was a wonderful trip that our entire family enjoyed (we took a party of 19 to celebrate). If you want to ensure something special, then you may want to arrange it yourself (from the disney bakery or florist). But if you want to just have a wonderful time and possibly be surprised then be sure to note the anniversary on your reservation and any ADRs you make.

We are going next July also----our 50th!!!!! I made reservations for 20 family members at the Hoop-Dee-Doo!!!! Jean

Have you got the money for a fireworks boat? Your entire family can watch Wishes or IllumiNations from the water, and lay in whatever refreshments or desserts you like.

Congrats to everyone for such lengthy unions! I agree about mentioning anniversary in everything you do - - it doesn't seem to take much more than a little mention and all of a sudden good things happen!

I would certainly arrange somehow to have flowers in the room for arrival!

I just celebrated my 50th birthday at WDW, staying at VWL with a big birthday dinner at Jiko. I had arranged for a birthday cake in advance.

My advice is make your dinner reservations, then call the restaurant and talk to them directly about your options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter