DVC Announcement

addieh

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about buying a timeshare from Disney and just got a call from my sales rep who said there was going to be a big announcement on Sunday about the DVC.

Does anyone know what this is??

He said he would call me on Tues to let me know, but he could not talk about it yet??

I actually had a conversation with my guide (Jim McCoy) today on this very subject but since I have yet to buy in I was a little hesitant to be the one to mention it. I was told that a new offer related to magical beginnings is coming (starting Sunday). My guide said he would be on vacation Sunday and Monday but that he would call me on Tuesday with the details. According to Jim, the guides are not able to give out the details of the promotion but again he did mention that it does have something to do with the magical beginnings program and that I would be very "happy" with it. He seemed very excited about it.

DH and I will be taking a tour of Hilton Head in November and believe this may be the right time for us to buy in especially if the buy in promo is to our advantage. If anyone else can get any info from the tight-lipped guides, I definitely would like the details but if not, I guess I can wait and hear about on the DIS on Sunday!

Lisa

Maybe Doc has a clue?

I am often accused of being "clueless" and this is yet another perfect example! :D

There are several things in the works at DVC- sell-out at VWL, presales at BCV, VEP- among others. So, the BIG announcement could be any of these....or as already noted, an announcement about Magical Beginnings.....or something else!

Stay Tuned!

:confused:

Discounts for tickets comparable to Florida residents? Maybe the letter writing campaign worked? Just wishful thinking.

I have the same hope as Peterd!!!! Allowing us the Florida Resident Discount!!! Now THAT would be good!!! LOL - Fat Chance....

My guess is it's a favorable financing program. I imagine the phones are not ringing at the DVC offices as they were a week ago.

I imagine PAMOKW is probably on target with that one! But I can still hope for BCV presales.

Somebody console me--I hate it when a better deal comes along right after I buy something. Oh well, if makes others happy, I'm happy too.

I am thinking that the announcement might have something to do with buy now, travel later, because my rep said that it's a special promo they have come up with because of the tragedy.

It would be nice if a true discount on tickets to the parks were in the works. I doubt that. What it is most likely is some incentive to get new people to buy DVC units. That has to be it. The bigger question is how long can WDW go on as we know it with 40% attendance and its stock falling 28% in the last 4 days.

Just out of curiosity, if member services is closed Sunday how will they make an announcement, and how will anyone know about it?

my rep said that it's a special promo they have come up with because of the tragedy.

I'm not sure what they have in mind but I sure hope it's not some type of opportunistic use of this attack. I'm sure with no visitors to WDW they are also faced with very minimal sales as well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe they are going to somehow pre-sell BCV at a good rate since the future is unclear.

Wow, I have been lobbying for Florida resident status (and participation in AP discounts and Disney Dining program) for awhile - that would be great. But I doubt it. It would require sharing revenue with another department/company.

Incentive to buy in - that would be OK, but only to new buyers (like lowering the "entry level" point quantity - which they have already done twice in the past).

What makes sense is that they would offer a new point utilization structure for a fixed period (say Oct-Dec) to encourage people to fill the VC's - and spend ancillary food dollars - for a controlled period of time. I don't know if this is within "bounds" of the MS authority - or if it is "board issue".

Of course I don't know if it would be too burdensome to "correct" existing reservations to a new rate......

I don't think it is reduced interest, because they reduced it last month.

My guess is they will increase the MBs. Perhpas to $15.00 for HHI and VB and $10.00 for VWL. I tried to get some info or at least a hint but nothing.

I have add-on papers that I am holding off sending back until it is out.

Tomorrow we shall see...

My guess was close!

The big news was increases for MBs.

VWL it is now $10.00 per point and $13.00 per point for HHI and VB.

I am not sure what the maximum $$ is. I forgot to ask.

I am glad I held off on sending back my papers until I heard!
:bounce: :bounce:

MB is the Magical Beginnings program under which Disney will buy back your first year's points when you make your purchase and apply amount to your down payment. As noted, it appears to be back to $10 a point for VWL; that effectively reduces your cash price for points from the $75 price to $65 per point but you do lose those first year's points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter