DVC as it relates to the FP rumor

If this happens, I feel confident that DVC will be treated quite highly on this scale. I look at it as another perk.

I agree with Laurajean1014. DVC is a cash cow for Disney and I can't see them excluding DVC resorts, if the FP rumor turns out to be true.
And if it does happen, it can only benefit us in the long run. Who knows, this scheme might attract more DVC members, Disney would have to expand and DVC resorts at CR and AKL might get built overnight :p

In my opinion I don't see this as a plus for DVC as we aren't in teh cash paying guest area as it would be. This will be something for the cash paying customer another perk to them for paying large sums of money to stay in a deluxe resort. As DVC we have allready paid and thus aren't seen the same as a cash paying guest this goes along with teh current trend in discounts it is looking like it will be put in place of other room discounts as a bonus for people staying on cash in Disney resorts sorry folks I don't think this is going to be played out for DVC guests.

Since generally we are treated like any other WDW guest, if those staying in AP and FL discounted rooms get this perk, DVC will also. If this perk is tied to a package deal, like the MYW dining plan, then no, we will not get the same perk.

However, since this perk costs virtually nothing (unlike the dining plan where someone has to pay for the food), I think it will be a perk for all resort guests based on their resort class, including DVC.

That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for all of these FP changes that are rumored, this was a patent disclosure where all capabilities of the system should be listed so Disney can claim the creative rights to the idea in case some other park operators want a similar system. It also may be that they patented it so they are able to license it to Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

On one of the hyperlinks, i managed to get to the US Patent Office and look at Disney's patent application for new FP technology.

It could be really cool!

One feature might be that guests at Disney resorts could plan FPs for the following day's touring from the TV set in their room! I assume they could print them out or pick them up somewhere the next morning, and the off to the parks. As Überplanners, we DVCers ought to love that kind of feature. Plus, then the FP slots allocated to those of us who got them the night before would be removed from availability.

I dunno about allocating FPs by resort class; something antidemocratic about that. One of the funniest comments among the several threads on this subject was where someone was responding to a poster who opined that folks staying in Deluxe Disney hotels ought to get better transportation; this other poster quipped that perhaps they could be transported in Rickshaws pulled by off-site guests! :rotfl:

In any case, there's lots of heat and not much light being generated on this rumor. The link to the patent office is worth following if you're a total Disney geek (you all know who you are!).

Pumpkinboy said:
I dunno about allocating FPs by resort class; something antidemocratic about that.

I agree. I always seperated the parks from the resorts. You can spend as much as you want for where you stay to get more - or less. But as far as FPs are concerned, the parks ought be "fair ground" during regular park hours for everyone who buys a ticket.

If Disney wants to sell a special UltraFastPass park ticket, that would be a different matter. Everyone would have the option of purchasing. Or not.

I understand the pressure that's coming from Universal. Disney will probably do something. And not everyone will be happy with it.

DisFlan

Rumors about rumors.
Heheh....

I agree that we'll probably be safe, with regard to any considerations that stem from any of these rumors coming to fruition, at least as long as there are DVC properties being sold. Disney wouldn't want the deal with the stink that would hurt future sales if future buyers get word that they're going to be treated as second-class. Of course, if DVC ever stops offering units for sale, then we're out-of-luck.

bicker said:
...Of course, if DVC ever stops offering units for sale, then we're out-of-luck.

Ah, but there in lies a positive of our contracts ending. Disney gets ALL these properties back, and if DVC was a huge money maker once, it most likely will be again. If Disney starts treating members as second class citizens, then it won't bode well for that new market down the road.

I don't think Disney ever wants their DVC associated with a 'shoddy' Timeshare. It wouldn't do well to have disgruntled members mixing with all the Deluxe guests at BW, BC or VWL. Or OKW or SSR members complaining around the rest of WDW.

Key word in this whole thing is "RUMOR"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter