DVC BEDS/ SO UNCOMFORTABLE

only place we had a problem was at OKW years ago. their 2 beds were so hard it felt like sleeping on concrete. Don't know if they got better

Years ago I had a real uncomfortable bed at OKW, and a too firm one at SSR. We have stayed at VGF and their bed is great, plus I love it being a king. Even the sleeper sofa at VGF was comfortable for me.

We have owned since 2005, stayed at all but Kidani, and only had 2 bad experiences.

Can't say I've noticed.
Any hotel room anywhere is prone to having a good mattress or a bad mattress.

I usually sleep better on vacation than at home. I hate the mattress we have at home.

I was just coming here to post this very very thing. We were there for 8 nights. we did a split between AKV and BWV and I did not have a good night's sleep one time because the beds are so dam hard. And the pillows are flat as soon as you put your head on them.

I love threads like these. It brings back ancient memories of sitting back and reading the Saturday Evening Post.

We have generally found the bed mattresses to be OK, though nothing spectacular, although at AKV they seemed a little too hard. The pull-out couches have tended to be adequate and generally a good step above the usually awful pull-outs you find in many hotels.

I prefer a more firm mattress so I havent had an issue. When I was alone at VGF this summer, I actually thought their beds were too soft! I almost pulled out the sofa bed!

We stayed at Aulani this year and I’d heard that the beds tended to be harder there than usual. It was one of the softest mattresses I’ve slept on! We checked to see if they’d added a topper but it seems it was just part of the mattress. It was so comfortable! We both slept really well (other than the jet lag :-) ).

always sleep on the side of the bed further from the phone!

people, myself included are so sensitive to mattresses I almost think it should be a room request option!

We slept soundly for 11 nights at OKW in October/November. King bed was firm and comfortable...we have a sleep number at home, so we typically aren't comfortable on anything we can't adjust. I agree, there should be pillow choices.

We've slept comfortably at BWV, BLT and Poly with no problems. But SSR we've found didn't seem as comfy although not a deal breaker because we do love it there.

I thought the VGF mattresses were so comfortable. So on the day we checked out, I pulled the sheets off the bed and photographed the mattress labels so I would know what they were the next time we were mattress shopping.

VGF Mattress - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought the VGF mattresses were so comfortable. So on the day we checked out, I pulled the sheets off the bed and photographed the mattress labels so I would know what they were the next time we were mattress shopping.

One of the secrets of the mattress industry is that every retailer gets a different brand name on the same exact mattress (to try to curb price matching). It'd be like taking a Toyota and only swapping the trim for "Lexus" and charging a different price.

So, your challenge will be to figure out what brand name that mattress is sold under at your preferred retailer. Perhaps if you show them that picture, they can help you match it up. And let us know! :)

One of the secrets of the mattress industry is that every retailer gets a different brand name on the same exact mattress (to try to curb price matching). It'd be like taking a Toyota and only swapping the trim for "Lexus" and charging a different price.

So, your challenge will be to figure out what brand name that mattress is sold under at your preferred retailer. Perhaps if you show them that picture, they can help you match it up. And let us know! :)
That is more than just the mattress industry, but so very true.
Just google that mattress in the picture, no one sells it - but it is claimed that you need to ask for a "Classic Posturepedic Level A-3 Plush Pillowtop"

DH took a picture of the type of mattress in Kidani, two bedroom. We had great sleeps there earlier this week.

The Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge TN connects you to the company that makes their beds.

Last edited:
I was at BWV 2 weeks ago, the queen in the studio was fine. I like a firm bed. My friend prefers the pulldown twin to the sofabed.

I actually called Sealy and they said they could sell me one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter