• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Brunch too expensive???

dotterson

Mouseketeer
I got an email about the champagne brunch at Citrico's. It costs $50 each! I think this is nuts. We now live in Lakeland and could do this but at $50??? No way! Your thoughts????

I agree.

I was hoping for a wine tasting like the Marriott do - big difference in price - between the $5 or $10 per person that Marriott does - $50 per person is alot of money for me.

Especially since they aren't even doing it at a DVC resort. :confused3

That is too bad.:guilty: Past experience with member events has given DVC management the idea that DVCers will pay anything for the "privilege" of joining other members at one of these exclusive events. DVC's goal may be to gather together DVCers who apparently have lots of extra spending cash. Maybe this helps with the securing of add-ons.:confused3 High prices also discourage having many noisey kids in attendance.

There have been a few member events that are cost effective for DVCers that are more frugal with their vacation dollars. DVC member-mixers were free and provided the same ability to meet other members. I don't think they are still going on.

$50/person will buy a nice meal at any Disney resturant. I can meet other DVCers for free at the resort pool!! Thanks DVC, but for us this is another overpriced event we will avoid.

I was excited about this because we will be there then. I read the information quickly and saw the kids' price and thought, wow, that's great! When DH told me the REAL cost, I flipped! That is wayyyyy too much money to spend on a brunch. We won't be going.

dotterson said:
I got an email about the champagne brunch at Citrico's. It costs $50 each! I think this is nuts. We now live in Lakeland and could do this but at $50??? No way! Your thoughts????

What does it include??? Isn't Citrico's one of the more upscale restaurants?

Wow, I didn't know it was THAT much! That's definately getting scratched off the list.

DisFlan

I'm usually part of the "Disney is expensive, so get over it" crowd.

But I did think that $50 for a brunch was high. Perhaps the price includes some wonderful souvenirs (as was the case with a member gathering about a year ago). But it doesn't seem like something that would appeal to the DVC rank-and-file.

I was seriously thinking about doing it until I saw the price tag as well. :earseek:

Scratch that, I booked a breakfast at Crystal Palace during that time frame.

but do we know what it included???? Are they serving Asti Spumonti or Veuve Cliqueot??? (can't spell the french stuff, but man is it good, and expensive), where did you find this info?

A typically Sunday brunch at an upscale hotel in Boston can run well over $50. So a champagne brunch at one of the nicest resteraunts in WDW is not THAT bad of a deal.

I think I'll have to make it a special occasion and buy in.

We won't be going as our kids are 12 & 10 and would need to pay adult prices. $200 for brunch is just way too much. I don't mind paying adult prices on park admission as the kids go on all the same rides we do, but really feel dinner shows, buffets, etc. should have some type of pricing structure (junior?) between child and adult. There's no way either one of them is going to eat as much as an adult...and they certainly won't be having any champagne!

$50 for brunch is a little pricey, but you are going to the most upscale resorts in the place.

Am I the only one who's wondering if they chose the GF because they are looking at another DVC resort in that vicinity???? Is there a significant amount of open space...enough, say, to fit a smaller scale (a la VWL or BCV) DVC resort near the GF somewhere???????

We were terribly excited to see that they would be doing this while we were there. DH absolutely loves brunch, and I have paid $50.00 per person before when kids weren't with us.

However, when I looked over the menu, there is absolutely no way I would ever pay $50.00 pp for this:

Stations
Prime Rib
Make your own Omelet - why would I want to make my own?
Waffle Station - big deal - I can get MM waffles all over property

Salads and Entrees
Asparagus Salad with Kalamata Olives & Feta Cheese
Chicken with Red Onion Salad & Sun Dried Tomatoes
Sautéed Shrimp with Leeks, Oyster Mushrooms & Creamy Polenta

Meat Selection
Bacon
Sausage (links or patties)
Canadian Bacon
Ham

Potatoes Selection
Hash Browns
Roasted Red Potatoes with Onions
Crispy Potato Triangles

Bread Selection
Croissants
Bagels & Cream Cheese
Assorted Fruit Breads
Assorted Muffins
Danish Pastries

Beverages
Regular & Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea
Assorted Juices

*Menu items may differ slightly based on chef recommendations

This is definitely not a $50.00 brunch, not unless they are serving the finest of champagnes (which I can almost guarantee they aren't). Secondly, I don't like champagne.

The Country Club my DH manages puts out a much better spread for our Sunday Brunch at 1/2 the price (includes mid-level champagne).

Nope, we are going to the CP for Breakfast with Pooh on Sunday morning instead!

Just 2 adults here and we would consider it if we were there. The only Members event that we have paid to go to was the cruise, and we felt that it was worth the extra money, points, no question about it. Yes, we have been to brunches at that price, not many.

I do agree that there should be a "tween" price for certain age children especially in view of the alcohol that they won't be having. I would call that a "rip-off."

Bobbi :flower:

disneyeveryyear said:
We were terribly excited to see that they would be doing this while we were there. DH absolutely loves brunch, and I have paid $50.00 per person before when kids weren't with us.

However, when I looked over the menu, there is absolutely no way I would ever pay $50.00 pp for this:

Stations
Prime Rib
Make your own Omelet - why would I want to make my own?
Waffle Station - big deal - I can get MM waffles all over property

Salads and Entrees
Asparagus Salad with Kalamata Olives & Feta Cheese
Chicken with Red Onion Salad & Sun Dried Tomatoes
Sautéed Shrimp with Leeks, Oyster Mushrooms & Creamy Polenta

Meat Selection
Bacon
Sausage (links or patties)
Canadian Bacon
Ham

Potatoes Selection
Hash Browns
Roasted Red Potatoes with Onions
Crispy Potato Triangles

Bread Selection
Croissants
Bagels & Cream Cheese
Assorted Fruit Breads
Assorted Muffins
Danish Pastries

Beverages
Regular & Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea
Assorted Juices

*Menu items may differ slightly based on chef recommendations

This is definitely not a $50.00 brunch, not unless they are serving the finest of champagnes (which I can almost guarantee they aren't). Secondly, I don't like champagne.

The Country Club my DH manages puts out a much better spread for our Sunday Brunch at 1/2 the price (includes mid-level champagne).

Nope, we are going to the CP for Breakfast with Pooh on Sunday morning instead!

I'm with you. My boyfriend and I treat ourselves to Sunday Champagne brunch once a year, at a nice resort in CT and pay about $50 each, however, there is a larger assortment, like they have sushi, shrimp,etc. and lots of more ''upscale foods''. That's worth $50.

hey I love brunches and will pay the price if the menu is worth it.

this one is not!!!

the Renaissance at SW has one on mother's day that is wonderful!!!

Am I the only fuddy-duddy who's somewhat upset that it wasn't also priced for those who don't (maybe can't) drink alcohol? It doesn't seem fair to me that if DH and I go, and he drinks but I don't, we both pay the same price. I know that at the country club we used to go to for Sunday brunch ('til it burnt down, but I digress), we were charged less if we didn't drink champagne.

I found it really interesting that under beverages, they don't even list champagne. Could it be that the champagne is extra at a champagne brunch?

we will be there and I was originally very excited as we don't get to be included in many member events since they are held when the kids are in school... but not for this price... I can get a wonderful Sunday bruch in Chi for less and better , larger assorment of food...

I was considering doing it since we'll be there that weekend, but decided it's not worth it. C'mon, I'm a Disney nut, but a $50 brunch with that menu?? No way. I will use the money for more F&W samples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter