Dvc cruise 2024

I spoke to MS today. They stated the June 2024 member cruise can be booked cash only or with points and points are not required to book. Must qualify for "blue card" benefits though. Not sure if he was mistaken, but if that's the case I will be booking!
Traditionally the DVC MC not the charters have been available for all cash bookings. I think that person was correct. Yes you have to be a blue card member. That’s been the rule for awhile.

I definitely want to do a member's cruise, not sure if a European cruise is my wife's and I's style though. We may end up doing the charter to Lighthouse Bay - or neither. Not sure. Problem with the charter is we're not really excited about flying to Southern Florida for a 4 day cruise....

I spoke to MS today. They stated the June 2024 member cruise can be booked cash only or with points and points are not required to book. Must qualify for "blue card" benefits though. Not sure if he was mistaken, but if that's the case I will be booking!
That’s not what their website says. It’s very clear one person needs to be booked with points whereas the Europe member cruise doesn’t require that, so that seems an intentional difference.

That’s not what their website says. It’s very clear one person needs to be booked with points whereas the Europe member cruise doesn’t require that, so that seems an intentional difference.

The Europe member's cruise can be paid all cash. The charter to Lighthouse bay must have at least one member paid with points.

I know nothing about Disney Cruises, but am a DVC member. What are the benefits to doing the DVC cruise vs any other cruise with a similar itinerary?

Anyone see an update on the points/cash chart for the Lighthouse Point cruise? Booking starts Saturday.

Waiting too, but for the Med member cruise, points/cash chart! It has to be sooooon!
Anyone see an update on the points/cash chart for the Lighthouse Point cruise? Booking starts Saturday.

Why is it taking so long?!! :sail: How can I possibly plan out every possible scenario with every stateroom category with so little time?:rotfl:

Thank you for providing the links to the Points Chart! While the Cash column seems fair, the reservation points seems steep.

So for all who will be calling in on Saturday to book, good luck! The itineraries seem incredible and I wish I could justify it, but I will be off the phones on Saturday.

I know nothing about Disney Cruises, but am a DVC member. What are the benefits to doing the DVC cruise vs any other cruise with a similar itinerary?
The Charters are different than a DVC MC.

On the Charter, you are getting the regular DCL experience, but you are traveling with all DVC members and their guests. You may get an exclusive gift. Last year they gave out the book “Making a Disney Wish.”

The DVC MC include regular DCL activities like tastings, trivia and the theater shows, but will also have exclusive activities. There has almost always been special Broadway singers for instance who put on an amazing performance. There could be Imagineers, Disney Legends, Movies shown before the official opening, and unique gifts given out every night.

I will be on the DVC MC this September and am very much looking forward to the Member Cruise experiences.

Last edited:
The Charters are different than a DVC MC.

On the Charter, you are getting the regular DCL experience, but you are traveling with all DVC members and their guests. You may get an exclusive gift. Last year they gave out the book “Making a Disney Wish.”

The DVC MC include regular DCL activities like tastings, trivia and the theater shows, but will also have exclusive activities. There has almost always been special Broadway singers for instance who put on an amazing performance. There could be Imagineers, Disney Legends, Movies shown before the official opening, and unique gifts given out every night.

I will be on the DVC MC this September and am very much looking forward to the Member Cruise experiences.
Awesome. My points are already spoken for for 2024 and honestly 2025, but I'll have to try it out eventually.
I assume booking reservations might be tricky on these cruises since most everyone on the ship is an expert that stuff.

Awesome. My points are already spoken for for 2024 and honestly 2025, but I'll have to try it out eventually.
I assume booking reservations might be tricky on these cruises since most everyone on the ship is an expert that stuff.
I think that depends on how they roll out booking activities for this type of cruise. If they go by Castaway Level (as they usually do) then you know where you are in the pecking order. If it's a free for all at some point - that would level the playing field. I assume concierge would still get to book things first regardless of how they roll it out.

Can anyone comment on how this was done historically for charter cruises? Do they recognize Castaway Levels?

I would love to know who has ~5000 (assuming you pay 2 people in the cabin) points to spend on a concierge royal suite w/ verandah on the member cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter