Dvc cruise 2024

I think that depends on how they roll out booking activities for this type of cruise. If they go by Castaway Level (as they usually do) then you know where you are in the pecking order. If it's a free for all at some point - that would level the playing field. I assume concierge would still get to book things first regardless of how they roll it out.

Can anyone comment on how this was done historically for charter cruises? Do they recognize Castaway Levels?
Normal booking windows still apply. Concierge level first, followed by the various castaway levels and then first time cruisers. These cruises also count towards your castaway level.

Actually I don't think the castaway levels work for the charter cruise. When I booked the DVC Wish charter (September 2022), I took a vacation day and started calling when the window opened up and kept trying till I was in the queue (4 hours of calling, 85 minutes on hold but booked it). I paid for that reservation on points as I had banked points. I think for Saturday's member charter to Lighthouse Point, it will be the same; start calling and keep calling till you are in the queue. But I will say this, have everything ready; member ID, legal names of those going, birthdates, home address, and stateroom categories.

For those calling Good Luck! I actually cancelled my plans for Saturday morning as I will be calling for the Lighthouse Point cruise!

Jennifer

Actually I don't think the castaway levels work for the charter cruise. When I booked the DVC Wish charter (September 2022), I took a vacation day and started calling when the window opened up and kept trying till I was in the queue (4 hours of calling, 85 minutes on hold but booked it).
They are not used for booking the actual cruise, but booking on-board activities and port adventures is based on castaway level.

I'm hoping that it's not like it was last time. They said it's a new, more efficient process where they take your info, but call you back for points transfer and cash payment. Or at least I think that is what it means. Fingers crossed. I have to attend a funeral and my husband is going to be left in charge.

I really wish I could do one next year….goal for 2025 to do one! But I didn’t think these prices were that bad!
I agree. It seems like the pre-pandemic ones had a steep premium over regular cruises. What seems different here is the 3rd/4th/5th passenger price seems lower than in the past, so it's harder for me to justify two cabins over squeezing into one.

Are these prices typical for member cruises? You have to fly to Europe which can add up to the same cost as the cruise

So when you call, will you automatically be connected to a hold queue? Will it just keep ringing? Do you have to keep calling until you get into a queue? What is the strategy to get through? I'm totally out of my element.

So when you call, will you automatically be connected to a hold queue? Will it just keep ringing? Do you have to keep calling until you get into a queue? What is the strategy to get through? I'm totally out of my element.
Any of those options is a possibility- the phone queue can only hold so many people waiting and then you get either a fast busy or a message that your call cannot go through and to try again. Then it’s hoping for pixie dust that one of your redials gets you into the queue sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Are these prices typical for member cruises? You have to fly to Europe which can add up to the same cost as the cruise
Hard to say, because this is the first European MC. It is a bit more expensive than a non-member cruise, ie if you look at cabin pricing for the sailing following this one their opening day pricing is a bit cheaper than pricing for the MC.

Can we pay cash for the lighthouse point cruise ? Or do we have to use points .

That has been answered in this thread and on DVC's website - one person must be paid with points:

• As this Member-Exclusive Voyage to Lighthouse Point is part of the Disney Collection exchange, one person in the travel party must be paid for using only Reservation Points. Other members of the travel party can be paid for using cash. (Reservation Points and cash cannot be combined to pay for an individual Guest.)

One person must be booked on points. If there are three or four in the room, the person booked on points could be the third or fourth person, that person pays less than the first two. So, a child could be on points, parents cash if you don’t have that many points.

To add to what has been posted, once those points are converted to reservation points, they can’t not be used for DVC bookings if you had to cancel the cruise.

Another question (sorry). It says to have several category staterooms picked (which I do). Are we going to be able to request specific cabins? It really can make a huge difference even in the same category for things like motion, distance to elevators, etc. I would bump to a different category to stay in a particular area of the ship.

Another question (sorry). It says to have several category staterooms picked (which I do). Are we going to be able to request specific cabins? It really can make a huge difference even in the same category for things like motion, distance to elevators, etc. I would bump to a different category to stay in a particular area of the ship.
Yes, you can request a specific cabin for your booking.

One person must be booked on points. If there are three or four in the room, the person booked on points could be the third or fourth person, that person pays less than the first two. So, a child could be on points, parents cash if you don’t have that many points.
Do you know how it works if I split my family into two staterooms? Is it one person on points in each cabin or just one person in our family of 5? That’ll make the difference between one or two staterooms for us.

Do you know how it works if I split my family into two staterooms? Is it one person on points in each cabin or just one person in our family of 5? That’ll make the difference between one or two staterooms for us.

I believe it’s one points person per cabin

Yuck , this cuts out singles for DVC Member cruises - just not a good use of points and high risk.
The points requirement is not for the Member Cruises, only the Member Charters. A bit confusing but two different types of cruises. Member Cruises can be paid with all cash if desired, they waive the points requirements for those.

You usually talk to the person and then they put you on hold while they try to book. My strategy has been to give specific cabins as maybe first & second choice, and then I say, if those aren’t available, any 2connecting category x, y, or z, prefer starboard and aft. Or whatever. I want them to be able to grab something without having to come back & ask me again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter