• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Dining Plan

I'm probably going to book it, I called MS this morning for info. It is the same price for members that WDW is offering it to guests. $37.99 per adult and 10.99 per child per night. You don't have to pay for the plan until you check-in. DEFINATELY COOL!!

dcibrando said:
so you can get this for a renter as well right?

I'll bump this up again as I'm interested to know if anyone was successful in booking the dining plan for renters today. If so, is there any credit card information required up front for booking the plan or is the dining plan just something noted on the file that is paid by the credit card presented at checkin?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I am a renter, first time. I called MS today. I told them I was a guest of so and so, gave them my ressie number and it was added. It was $434.85 for five nights. I pay for it at check in.

DIS members, thanks for all the info.

This may be a dumb question...but does the dining plan have to be purchased for each person in your party? Thanks!

tcmata said:
This may be a dumb question...but does the dining plan have to be purchased for each person in your party? Thanks!

Yes, everyone over the age of 2, and the plan must be purchased for the total number of nights of your stay.

I'm also a renter. I called yesterday & was able to add to my ressie myself. I wasn't sure if I could do it or if the member would have to call. They didn't require a credit card to hold or anything. Just said that I would pay upon check-in. I'm excited! It's an added benefit to the wonderful price I'm getting on staying at a DVC resort. Plus, since renters can add the plan themselves, it's not an added hassle to members.

So if you have 4 adults per disney's age policy staying in a one bedroom-you must purchase the dining plan for everyone?

MotherOf2Princesses said:
I am a renter, first time. I called MS today. I told them I was a guest of so and so, gave them my ressie number and it was added. It was $434.85 for five nights. I pay for it at check in.

DIS members, thanks for all the info.

How many are in our party?

SnowWitch said:
So if you have 4 adults per disney's age policy staying in a one bedroom-you must purchase the dining plan for everyone?

Yes, you must purchase it for everyone.

I called MS as a guest of a DVC owner and added the dining package for our 10 night package with no problem. Amount is due upon check-in. It was $979.60 for 2 adults 2 children for 10 nights.

BTW, I was the first person for the woman @ MS to book the dining package. I just had visions that for some reason it may be pulled and only those who have it booked will be able to keep it. Stupid I know, but I wanted to make sure to get it as soon as I could. That obsessive overplanner in me is just nuts :rotfl2:

Also very nice not to have to have the member do it, less checking on their part.

katallo - the price for the Dining Plan is $37.99 per adult per night and $10.99 per child per night. Children 10 and older pay the adult price. Children under 3 do not pay and may share from an adult's plate.

So you need to do the math for your length of stay and traveling party.

For example, if you have 2 adults and 1 child (age 11) and 1 child (age 8) and are staying for 5 nights, the total price for the Dining Plan would be $37.99 * 3 * 5 + $10.99 *5 or $624.80

HTH

Thank You CarolMN for your reply. I would have ansered earlier but have not been back to the stie since I posted.
If you are trying to decide is the plan is worth it, well that depends. Do you think you will eat at least on sit down meal a day. If so, yes.
If you only eat counter meals in the park and cook in your room, then no.
What you will pay for the plan a day (my cost about $80) is what it will cost me to eat at some of the sit-down meals once I add tax and gratuity. I look it as getting the chance to eat at places I would normally not eat at and I see it as getting a free counter service meal with the money I would save.
Hope this helps a little.

I added the dining plan today to my April reservations. I'm so EXCITED!!!!

Well after some number crunching it looks as though we will be adding this to our July ressie. We played with the menus and guessed at what we would order based on previous visits with only 2 appetizers and 2 desserts being shared and it still comes out several hundred dollars cheaper to do the plan. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter