DVC early May

tatajess

Mouseketeer
is it easy to get DVC reservations for early May? How are the crowds, weather, etc?

Are the DVC resorts crowded in the first few weeks of May, or is it likely to have a variety of room locations to choose from?

Thanks! :flower:

I've stayed at OKW the past 5 years during the first or second week of May and it hasn't been busy. I easily got a 1 bedroom at 7 months. Crowds are on the low side, weather is usually warm, 80's to low 90's, very little rain. I got all my requests this year when I checked in around 5:00pm on a Saturday. Sunday check-in's are more busy.

I think this year it may have been a little tougher than previous years but that's due to the Happiest Celebration on Earth. I was still able to get my 2nd (or 3rd?) choice. No biggie! Good luck! :goodvibes

We booked our BCV for last May at the 11 month window, but our friends decied to join us (also DVC members) and called in either late Jan or early Feb to get a studio at BCV. There was not one avail, but they got a studio at BWV so they booked that and went on the wait list. They were not in town when DVC called to say the wait list had come thru and I told him to call back and add the "automatic" confirm and sign up for the wait list again. They did and it came thru a second time, so the wait list worked twice for them! We had an awsome stay and the WONDERFUL girl that checked us in was even able to have thier studio connect to our one bedroom so that we were in the same unit! We even checked in on Sat and they checked in on Monday and she was able to block the studio so it was thiers on Monday. The people in that studio checked out at 11 am on Monday morning, so it worked out perfectly! :cool1:

here is my trip report if you are interested:
BCV trip report May 2005

I would certainly vouch for the weather in May. The heat wave doesn't fully arrive until late June to early July as a general rule. I personally find it a great time to be outside, fishing, boating, golfing, tennis, and walking the dogs. I even been known to venture out to the theme parks with my grandson during that time of the year.

Enjoy,
Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter