DVC January 06

zoomsharedisney

Disney FANatic
The DH and I are coming home to SSR and BWV the first full week of January next year. I was wondering if the holiday decorations will still be up? What about the parks? Any info for us?

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I don't have any info for you, but we'll be there at the same time. I'm making my first trip "home" the first week in Jan., too.

Terri

Same here, we will be at SSR Jan 4th to 11th and it will be our 1st time at SSR (it was the only DVC with opening when I called last month. ;) )

There was some talk a while back about a DVC meet on Jan 6th, but I don't know if anything ever came of it. Does anyone else know? I guess we could just have our own. :goodvibes

We were at WDW Jan 1st to 7th 2004 (at VWL) and the Christmas decorations were still up, but they started going down while we were there. One day they were there, the next gone.

I think the Osborne lights and Winter lights at Epcot will be up until Jan. 8th, so you may be in luck there.

Bobbi :flower:

YES! We are having a DVC/DIS meet that is currently planned for Jan. 6th. I'll bump up the thread (if I can locate it) when it gets a bit closer so we can make more definitive plans.

Oh, and Holiday decorations usually are gone within a day or two of New Years, but I believe Osborne lights go through the 3rd this time.

dianeschlicht said:
YES! We are having a DVC/DIS meet that is currently planned for Jan. 6th. I'll bump up the thread (if I can locate it) when it gets a bit closer so we can make more definitive plans.

Oh, and Holiday decorations usually are gone within a day or two of New Years, but I believe Osborne lights go through the 3rd this time.

Thank you so much for that. I was wondering what has been happening.

I am looking forward to meeting people.

I think DH read that Osborne will be going until the 7th, so that does give us a little time. I havent' seen them since Dec 2001 so I am looking forward to it (it was still on the back lot street then.)

We were there last during the marathon. A lot of the decorations were still up. I don't know if it was due to staff reduction or if they were there because of the marathon.

Decorations were up at SSR until about Jan. 8 in 2005 -- the Christmas tree in the lobby is simply spectacular!

We arrive at BCV on Jan 1 for a 6 night stay.

We were there in 03 for the same week and the resorts had decorations until about the 4th or 5th.

We've stayed numerous times for new years and into the early part of January. My general observation is they start taking decorations down early after the 1st, but spaced after a weekend. This year January 1st is a Sunday, so Monday will probably be their observed holiday. I would expect they'll start taking things down on Tuesday the 3rd, and probably by the end of the week just about everything will be gone.

The Osborne lights are a little special since they are so popular. They'll announce a date for them. There's probably a good chance they'll stay on up to about the 6th or so, but just MHO.

I was surprised to see the Osborne lights - or many of them already in place the end of September - I am beginning to think they leave a lot of them up all year and then add the last ones just before Thanksgiving as the same ones were up last year in Sept. They just don't turn them on until the official holiday season.
Went on the backstage magic tour and didn't think to ask about the lights when we were in the Holiday Warehouse - wish I had now.

We were at BWV last year 1/2 through 1/7. Decorations were up in the lobby when we got there, but were down by the middle of the week.

We will be down again this year from 1/4 through 1/9 at BCV. Anxious to hear about a DIS meet. Keep me posted!

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter