DVC laundry rooms

RossK

Mouseketeer
Interested to hear other members experiences with the DVC laundry rooms. Nearly every visit to the Poly I’ve found so many problems in the laundry room, and I just don’t understand why they’re not regularly checked. Today half of the tumble dryers don’t work, three don’t start at all and one doesn’t heat up. But almost every trip it’s similar. Also the online laundry viewing website is not working for the DVC room either (I reported that two weeks ago and it’s still not fixed). I spent about 20 minutes today reporting each machine individually, but I’m really tired of doing this on every vacation. Is it just the Polynesian, or is this happening at other resorts? I have found in general the Poly doesn’t seem to be on top of things, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just a Poly issue.

I have used Grand Floridian and that was great. I used Beach club that had two washers and two dryers and only one of each worked. Also people at Beach Club never came back to get clothes out of washer. It was in there for two hours and I kept checking and checking. I don’t think anyone should touch peoples clothes but two hours after it was done is crazy. But GF was great

Curious as well about people's experience. I have been going frequently to WDW for 12 years now, but I have yet to use a laundry room. Half of our stays are villas with laundry. Our studio stays were usually shorter and we didn't do laundry. (Although that 8 day stay at the Poly was pushing it, we had to take home a lot of dirty clothes)

I used three different ones in January and they were all perfectly clean and running. Maybe a dryer out in one of them.

I have used Grand Floridian and that was great. I used Beach club that had two washers and two dryers and only one of each worked. Also people at Beach Club never came back to get clothes out of washer. It was in there for two hours and I kept checking and checking. I don’t think anyone should touch peoples clothes but two hours after it was done is crazy. But GF was great
Wow you’re more patient than I. The maximum I will wait is 15 minutes. There’s no excuse imo, the machines show how long they have remaining - they are sometimes out by 5 minutes or so. Most of the laundry rooms allow you to monitor the timer remotely and receive a notification (LaundryView.com/disneyworld). I’m always down before my cycle ends to get my stuff out for the next person. My view is that if someone can’t be respectful enough of fellow owners’ vacation time, then they’ve lost the right not to have their clothes handled by someone else. If they’re that precious about it, they should be at the machine when it finishes, or soon thereafter! I’ve never understood why it’s such a hot topic - the machines only take 30 minutes, so just come back after 20 - it’s just 10 minutes of time and will likely save several other members from coming back and checking.

Last edited:
We have used the laundry room at the Paddock, SSR several times pre-covid and all the washers and driers were working fine. We haven't been back since so I'm not sure that's still the case though.🤔

As a renter, is this something I would have access to? I assume they are coin/card operated? I realized the other day that for a 2 week trip, I'm going to need to do laundry at some point lol.

As a renter, is this something I would have access to? I assume they are coin/card operated? I realized the other day that for a 2 week trip, I'm going to need to do laundry at some point lol.
They were free to use, you only have to provide detergent which you can buy from the vending machine in the laundry room if you don't have your own.

I’ve never used the laundry room. Would VGF2 have its own laundry room? And we don’t need any special card to use the laundry room? Do you need to reserve them?

I used the laundry room in Kidani Village at AKL. The washers and dryers worked perfectly fine and had zero issues with them. I do think Kidani needs at least 1 other laundry room. I did laundry early in the morning so there was no wait but often times when returning from the parks I would see a large crowd of people waiting in a line to wash their clothes. My sister did laundry at night (she got make up on one of her shirts) and she said 1 woman got in before her and took up all 3 washers and then proceeded to not come back for her stuff. She ended up having to move some of this woman's stuff out of the washer. By the time she put her clothes in the dryer and picked them up from the dryer, the woman still hadn't come to pick up her stuff.

i used the laundry room at BRV last month, it was great. i don't see the big taboo about moving someone else's laundry as long as the cycle is done.

We use the laundry room all the time. Have not really had any issues with them being out of order. Of course, like anything else, they can break. I would report the machines are not working to the front desk so they can be repaired in a timely manner (hopefully).

I agree with some previous posters, if one does not want their laundry touched - and I would prefer not to touch other peoples laundry and would prefer no one touches mine, then I need to be aware of the time and consider others too. 10-15 minutes is more than enough time after it's finished.

Many many moons ago, I was hesitant about removing someone else's laundry even after waiting 10 -15 minutes. But our time is precious too. We go odd times so thankfully it does not happen often.

Last edited:
Unless you’re at the Polynesian because the vending machine wasn’t working either :D
We own at poly, and it’s where we prefer to stay most of the time. I have never been there when all machines were fully functioning. VGF - all were working in April and I was surprised!

BCV was a nightmare. 2 washers, 2 dryers. And someone left their stuff in the dryers for hours, never came back while me and 2 other people were waiting. No rolling basket thing to put their dry stuff in either. We finally stuck it on the table; the guy whose stuff was next (washed and wet) was just TOO nice to move it out of the dryer. Me (from NJ) and another woman (from NY) finally WE moved it so he could use the dryers. He kept wanting to wait (a MN guy, too patient and nice LOL). That person did not come back the whole time I washed and dried my stuff.

Only 2 of each machine is nuts. I had trouble with a machine at VGC, and no one comes to help.

I used the laundry rooms at AKV and BWV in March. I was able to do laundry in both easily, one dryer in AKV did t work very well (had to run a second time and used another machine) but BWV was fine. Laundryviewer didn’t work for either when I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter