DVC mattresses

mrcran86

DVC solo Disney fan.
I wonder if anyone is noticing this besides me, but it seems that the mattresses at DVC resorts are the worst. Recently I stayed at Copper Creek twice and once at Kidani Village, and every visit the mattress was in such poor condition that I had trouble sleeping every night. I'm 5'6" and 175lbs, and yet I'm sinking in the mattresses as if I was 350lbs. However, I did stay at All Star Music for a couple of days last November and it was literally the best 2 nights of sleep that I ever got at Disney. The mattress was comfortable and supportive. How is it that there was a better mattress at a value resort but 3 different DVC rooms had the worst? Anyone else experience this?

Do they use different mattresses on the cash vs. dvc rooms?

DCL has an incredibly comfortable mattress with similar occupancy trends.... I would buy the DCL setup for my home....

I don't understand why the dvc ones are so terrible everywhere we stay....

I've never had an issue with the AKL and AKL-K mattresses. My husband and I actually like them better than what we have at home. Haven't been in a over a year now, so perhaps they just need refreshed?

Stayed at ASM right after staying at SSR and CCR and the DVC beds were way better. The ASM was so firm we were sore waking up the next day.

I've been fine with the DVC beds recently - at all the refurbed spots - SSR, Boulder Ridge, and Boardwalk - I find them all comfortable, not too firm, and in good shape. The last non-refurbed rooms I was in were probably Boulder Ridge 2020 and Boardwalk 2022, both before the refurbs, and they were still in good condition - I didn't get the feeling they were worn out, overused, etc - though a little firmer than I preferred...they seem to have improved the mattresses with the refurb rooms.

I was in a BRV studio in January and I HATED the bed. It was way too soft and kind of lumpy. My husband made a comment that it felt like it was filled with socks.

I slept on the murphy bed instead and it was much better for me.

Stayed at ASM right after staying at SSR and CCR and the DVC beds were way better. The ASM was so firm we were sore waking up the next day.

That's my kind of mattress. I HATE the squishy soft ones and wake up with a backache. (Hence I find all DVC mattress to be horrible, even new - they are just too squishy.

I loved the bed on the Wish and the beds at all our stays at VGC have been awesome. I hated the bed at VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter