DVC Member Cruise 2025

islandsnoopy

DIS Veteran
Just got the e-mail! DVC Member Cruise 2-7 August 2025 on the Dream.

Explore the scheduled itinerary for the 2025 Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean:

• Saturday, August 2, 2025–Depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
  • Sunday, August 3, 2025–Enjoy a day at sea filled with unique experiences and special shows created with Members in mind.
  • Monday, August 4, 2025–Arrive in Cozumel, Mexico, an island paradise renowned for its beautiful beaches, turquoise water and protected coral reefs.
  • Tuesday, August 5, 2025–Enjoy another leisurely day at sea filled with unique experiences and special shows created with Members in mind.
  • Wednesday, August 6, 2025–Arrive at Disney Castaway Cay, a private island paradise exclusive to Disney Cruise Line.
  • Thursday, August 7, 2025–Debark in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

YAY!!! I'm not super excited about the itinerary but we can certainly add on some fun before or after. This is the first member cruise where my kids will be off from school. Is there some historical pricing so I can tell my family members to start saving? :love:

Are these the cruises where you have to book at least part of it with DVC points?

You can use cash or points. We've always paid cash for all passengers.

From the DVC website:
Due to the unique nature of this special event, Disney Vacation Club has waived the policy of requiring at least one passenger to sail using Reservation Points for this Member Cruise voyage. If Members would like to pay by using both cash and Reservation Points, individual passengers must be paid for by using all cash or all Reservation Points.

I was hoping this sailing would visit the new island oh well! I would also be interested in having an idea of what pricing for these member cruises is like.

Would anyone like to share past experiences and whether they thought a member cruise was worth what I know will be an inflated cost? I have always wanted to experience one and maybe this is it.

My desire to visit Lighthouse Point is greater than my desire to participate in the special offerings (why? I don't know), and we've been to Cozumel twice on other cruises. So, unless DVC usually offers special events on port days, too, I'll be looking for a different DCL cruise in 2025.

I enthusiastically have been on about 8 DVC MCs during our time as DVC members. I go for the experiences, not the “bling.” My DH has been on 4 of them, he’s not as into the experiences as I am, but I have always been able to find a friend who would come, even with the extra price, and everyone has been extremely satisfied.

September’s DVC MC was on the Wish. I have always loved the animators presentation, and Stacia Martin is my favorite. Last year, we had the opportunity for small group meets with her.

We asked for Captain Minnie.

1710523744363.jpeg

Here’s her work for us!

1710524188828.jpeg

I enthusiastically have been on about 8 DVC MCs during our time as DVC members. I go for the experiences, not the “bling.” My DH has been on 4 of them, he’s not as into the experiences as I am, but I have always been able to find a friend who would come, even with the extra price, and everyone has been extremely satisfied.

September’s DVC MC was on the Wish. I have always loved the animators presentation, and Stacia Martin is my favorite. Last year, we had the opportunity for small group meets with her.

We asked for Captain Minnie.

View attachment 842083

Here’s her work for us!

View attachment 842088
Ah, it's things like that that make me think maybe I should reconsider!

Are there any such special offerings on port days, or only on sea days? We wouldn't want to get off the boat in Cozumel.

Ah, it's things like that that make me think maybe I should reconsider!

Are there any such special offerings on port days, or only on sea days? We wouldn't want to get off the boat in Cozumel.
Usually not.

The only exception that I know about was at CC. This was during a January 3 night MC. There were some activities under one of the dining areas. There just wasn’t enough time on that short cruise for what they wanted to do.

I think we painted Blank Disney Vinylmations on the island.

The year was 2013 and these were the special ears we got one evening. I was with my DSis and a DCuz on that cruise. Three nights were definitely not enough!
1710526710021.jpeg

I wonder if they will release more details as to why this is a special cruise... looks kind of boring to me.

I wonder if they will release more details as to why this is a special cruise... looks kind of boring to me.
The member cruises are typically...undesirable on some level. This year's European cruise in early May would have likely been the cheapest of all dates in Europe since it falls before the summer travel season starts to kick in.

Agree the 2025 cruise looks rather boring. But that's pretty much par for the course. They won't announce any details about guests or special perks. But there will be enough interest to fill the ship from those expecting a good time.

Since it falls during my summer vacation (teacher here) and I can actually go on a member cruise...come take my money already! Hope they post the points chart soon so we can know how much we will be paying in cash. I saw that we have to pay in full when MS reaches out for payment so no paying it off in multiple payments like a usual cruise right?

Since it falls during my summer vacation (teacher here) and I can actually go on a member cruise...come take my money already! Hope they post the points chart soon so we can know how much we will be paying in cash. I saw that we have to pay in full when MS reaches out for payment so no paying it off in multiple payments like a usual cruise right?
Correct, it’s paid right after you book. They used to take the money right away, but they now they call you a few days or so after booking.

I hope you go and enjoy it!

I’ve been waiting for this announcement for weeks! I will be turning 50 in 2025 and the DVC member cruise was my first choice for birthday trips. While I would have preferred the double dip and was hoping for a 7 night cruise, I’m still very excited! I’ve been a member since 2012 and this will be my first ever cruise (DVC or other).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter