DVC members use DDE

pooh_lover's_mom

Earning My Ears
We will be going in March, and traveling with my parents who are DVC members. We are a large group of 10. From what I can tell, it would me a huge money savings to use DDE versus just the DVC discount. Am I correct? Are there any DVC members who have used DDE instead?
Thanks! :earboy2:

Most of the DVC discounts are not as good as the DDE. DDE is 20% every time and there are way more restaurants to choose from. But don't forget..at this point only Fl residents and AP holders are able to get these DDE cards. Officially anyway....I'm sure there are going to be some non-AP people that use them.

pooh_lover's_mom said:
On allearsnet, it states that the general public can get them for $75. Do you know is this is official?

I read this as well. I hope it is true. It would save us a lot of money.

ETA- I just called DDE and spoke to Alison. She said the general public can purchase the card for $75 and it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery. She said to call closer to the trip and she would email me a confirmation letter and that would be good enough to take to the restaurants for the discount. HTH!

I think you misunderstood the AllEarsNet article about who is eligible for the Disney Dining Experience...
Previously, only Florida residents could buy a membership. When WDW changed their ticket/meal plan options earlier this month, they made all Annual Passholders (and Florida Seasonal Passholders as well) eligible for becoming DDE members at a reduced rate. The best part for AP-holders is that fact that our initial membership price is only $50, less than the Florida Residents' renewal rate ($60).

So, as of January 2005 DDE eligibility is for:
*Florida Residents - General membership...$75
*Florida Residents - Seasonal or Annual Passholder...$50
*Annual Residents - regardless of residency...$50
*Renewals for previous DDE members - $60

When I bought my membership about two weeks ago, the lines were constantly busy - it was *very* difficult to get through. The hubbub might have died down since then.
I just couldn't resist, since our DD is now 12, our favorite WDW buffets are suddenly quite a bit more expensive. The DDE membership will help to make up for that. Our trip at the end of this month goes from January 29 to February 5...I'm pretty sure that we'll more than make up for our initial investment of $50 :) .

Hope that helps,
agnes!

I just called DDE and got the same answer as jpmom97. I asked them directly, "since I do not live in FL and am not a passholder, can I still get DDE?" Their response to this was yes and this is the first year that this is possible. The cost for this is $75. It will be good for one year from the time that you commit to purchasing the card. Be aware--it is only good for up to 10 people. :D

Wow, I had no idea that any member of the public can buy a DDE membership! It could be a good way to save some money, but you will need to buy at least $375 worth of food to recoup your initial $75 investment...
No wonder the DDE office has been so busy! At first, I think it was reported that Annual Passholders were now eligible to buy a DDE membership, (as well as Florida Residents who were previously eligible).

agnes!

Yes, I have discovered that the DDE card is a better deal than the DVC card. Make sure you know ahead of time what the discount is for the restaurant that you are visiting. It's been my experience that some servers don't know if the card is accepted and they will just tell you that it is not accepted at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter