DVC Mike Live from BWV Mar 5-13

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We drove down from North Carolina to Walt Disney World on Saturday, March 5, to spend 8 nights at Disney's Boardwalk Villas in a 1 bedroom.
Due to an accident on I-95 south of Jacksonville, our drive took longer than expected. We arrived and our room was ready. We spent the afternoon relaxing in the room.

We had a nice meal at the Captain’s Grille at the Yacht Club. Our ADRs this trip include Flying Fish Café, Le Cellier (now Signature), 50’s Prime Time Café, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Biergarten and Coral Reef.

I went down to the Boarwalk Bakery to grab a cafe latte, and I took these photos. It's nice to be "back home"!

Looking at the Yacht Club before sunrise this morning

DM_110306_061028 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

The boardwalk right before Sunrise

DM_110306_062640 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

The dock and Crescent Lake before Sunrise

DM_110306_062724 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Sunrise on the boardwalk

DM_110306_063908 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

DM_110306_062128 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

DM_110306_062520 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

DM_110306_063012 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Sunrise next to ESPN on the boardwalk

DM_110306_064032 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Awesome pictures! keep them coming!!

We're staying in a studio threre in November and requested a BW view.
( Hoping to add a couple more days to the trip if a deal comes up. )

Stunning pictures..you always take such great shots..really beautiful.

We drove down from North Carolina to Walt Disney World on Saturday, March 5, to spend 8 nights at Disney's Boardwalk Villas in a 1 bedroom.
Due to an accident on I-95 south of Jacksonville, our drive took longer than expected. We arrived and our room was ready. We spent the afternoon relaxing in the room.

We had a nice meal at the Captain’s Grille at the Yacht Club. Our ADRs this trip include Flying Fish Café, Le Cellier (now Signature), 50’s Prime Time Café, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Biergarten and Coral Reef.

I went down to the Boarwalk Bakery to grab a cafe latte, and I took these photos. It's nice to be "back home"!

Looking at the Yacht Club before sunrise this morning

DM_110306_061028 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

The boardwalk right before Sunrise

DM_110306_062640 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

The dock and Crescent Lake before Sunrise

DM_110306_062724 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Sunrise on the boardwalk

DM_110306_063908 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

DM_110306_062128 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

DM_110306_062520 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

DM_110306_063012 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Sunrise next to ESPN on the boardwalk

DM_110306_064032 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

Hi DVC Mike,
What filter and shutter speed are you using for the Sunrise picture next to ESPN? Just an awesome picture.

Hi DVC Mike,
What filter and shutter speed are you using for the Sunrise picture next to ESPN? Just an awesome picture.

If you click on a photo, it will take you to Flicker. On the right, it will say something like "This photo was taken x hours ago using a Nikon D7000".

If you click on the Nikon D7000 link, you can view the EXIF data, which includes the lens used, aperture, shutter, ISO, etc. Basically, all the settings I used to take the shot.

The ESPN picture was actually a merge of three photos (one underexposed, one exposed "properly", and one over-exposed).

Amazing pictures, yet again! That's for the beginning of another great trip report.

purty....
I'm homesick now.

Oh may I ask you a question about LC if you remember?
Do they still serve mushroom risotto as a side during lunch or dinner?

Thanks. I am still learning, I have the Nikon D3000. I am trying to figure it out on my own, but get so confused lol.

Thanks for the photos - helps take the sting out of not being there myself.

Mike - thanks for the pictures. Would love to know what you think of the new menu at Le Cellier. :)

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. We will be at BWV starting Friday, 3/11, for a week in a one bedroom. So excited!

Thank you for taking the time to take the photos and post. Love your trip reports. Holds us over under our next trip.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I LOVE your trip reports. I will get to follow this one from the start. Thank you.

Love the pictures... can't wait to see some from the Flower & Garden Festival:thumbsup2

I've been looking forward to your trip report and photos, Mike. How are you feeling these days? Hopefully you have your energy back.

Ahhh - I simply love the Mike reports! The pics are going wonderful with the amazing 63 degrees we've hit today. I'm living in a fantasy Boardwalk at the moment - soon to be followed by severe WDW withdrawal as the temperatures plummet again tomorrow.

Mike, you mentioned before that your wife (whom, by the way, is beautiful and should be featured more in your pics) has diet restrictions similar to my 17yo daughter's. This is all a fairly new thing for us and eating out is not a thing we do often anymore. When making reservations for dinner at WDW how do the restaurants handle it?

love the before sunrise photos....
that's my favorite time on the BW. i can feel that awe-inspiring silence in your photos, when it feels like the BW and all its trappings is part of your own backyard :cloud9:.

keep 'em coming :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter