DVC - New to booking

TheCars16

Earning My Ears
Hello,
hoping someone can help me get a better understanding of the booking windows. This past week, the 11-month window opened for our home resort, and I booked the week without an issue. However, I noticed that there were other DVC resorts with availability. So I modified the existing reservation to a different resort, received the confirmation, everything looked good in MDE, and even called to confirm it was there. So my question is, what am I missing? I was under the impression I couldn't book at a different resort until the 7-month window opened up.

appreciate any help.

Thank you!

You should not have been allowed to book another home resort with your points. Can you give more details?

Sure thing,
This was a resale contract we closed on this past November.
The use year is December.
The home resort is AKL-KV
booked the week of 12/1/24 - 12/7/24
was able to modify to AKL - Jambo (Deluxe Villa)

However, I'm looking again and I have options for the below.

Aulani
Boardwalk
Poly
BLT
BRV
GF

Last edited:

Thank you, that's something I wasn't entirely sure about. However, I can get through the booking process on the other mentioned resorts. I just don't complete the last confirmation. Is that normal?

Thank you, that's something I wasn't entirely sure about. However, I can get through the booking process on the other mentioned resorts. I just don't complete the last confirmation. Is that normal?
No that is 100% not normal. It should tell you when you try to move from the availability screen to the next screen that you are outside your booking window.
Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 8.58.35 AM.png

Not normal at all to be able to go beyond the continue button without getting the messsgr.

Just to confirm, when you tried, you got all the way through to where it has you add names and choose the contract?

It will let always show you all the resorts and calendars, even if you don’t own, but it never lets you get beyond that.

That's correct, I can't imagine it would go through if I tried it, and hearing this I wouldn't trust it if it did. Disney IT at its finest.

Sure thing,
This was a resale contract we closed on this past November.
The use year is December.
The home resort is AKL-KV
booked the week of 1/1/24 - 1/7/24
was able to modify to AKL - Jambo (Deluxe Villa)

However, I'm looking again and I have options for the below.

Aulani
Boardwalk
Poly
BLT
BRV
GF
Check your reservation to see what is actually reserved. If you really booked 1/1/24 - 1/7/24, that is THIS WEEK (not January 2025). The 11 month window for January 2025 reservations opens in February, 2024.

If you really booked January of 2024, that is why you could modify - those dates are WELL WITHIN the 7 month booking window.

Hope MS can straighten things out for you if you goofed on your first booking. Good luck!

Check your reservation to see what is actually reserved. If you really booked 1/1/24 - 1/7/24, that is THIS WEEK (not January 2025). The 11 month window for January 2025 reservations opens in February, 2024.

If you really booked January of 2024, that is why you could modify - those dates are WELL WITHIN the 7 month booking window.

Hope MS can straighten things out for you if you goofed on your first booking. Good luck!
I can't believe all of us who responded didn't even notice 1) the year or 2) that if the OP did mean 2025 that we are not even to that booking window yet. Good catch.

Bingo, I’m currently impatiently waiting for my 11 month window to open so I can book my early Jan. 2025 stay, looks like OP booked the wrong year. Not sure what MS can do for them since they booked a vacation at WDW starting 4 days ago, I hope they can salvage something.

Hello,
been a busy morning and didn't catch my own typo. Dates are 12/1/24 - 12/7/24.
Well, that's good, LOL. The 11 month window opened this morning for 12/4, so it's reasonable for you to have booked the entire week beginning 12/1/24, assuming there was availability. That said, you should NOT have been able to modify the reservation to a non-home resort.

Kidani and Jambo are both AKV. You have 11 month priority booking privileges for both buildings. You said you did not complete the modification all the way through to a non-home resort.. Had you done so, I do not believe you would have been able to finish the booking - you would have received a message similar to what @kes601 posted above.

Hello,
been a busy morning and didn't catch my own typo. Dates are 12/1/24 - 12/7/24.
Definitely not normal. This is especially strange given that I am a BWV owner, and the first week of December has zero availability for any studios, as I have been trying to book since the 11 month window opened - lots of walking going on that week. Only thing available is a 1 bedroom.

I think this confirms what resorts are going into the multi site trust the more I think about it. Since she glitched into the trust, she has home resort priority booking at those resorts listed since they are going to be a part of the new multi site trust program.

I think this confirms what resorts are going into the multi site trust the more I think about it. Since she glitched into the trust, she has home resort priority booking at those resorts listed since they are going to be a part of the new multi site trust program.
Aulani
Boardwalk
Poly
BLT
BRV
GF
AKL K/J

Only 2 of the seven resorts referenced are not sold out, and there was no mention of RR or VDH...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter