• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC newbie needing info on renting.... Thanks!

tommygirl79

DIS Veteran
Please forgive me if this has been asked a gazillion times, but I'm very new to all of the DVC info and I don't know where else to look without breaking posting rules on the DVC rental thread.

My family is planning on a taking a big trip December/Jan. 08 (beginning right after Christmas and leaving first part of the year). We would probably want 5 nights.

It would be: My family (DH, me, DD7, DD5)
DB and family (DB, DSIL, DS3, and possible Baby #2)
and my parents

We would be interested in whatever villa or DVC property would fit all of us (nothing hugely expensive if possible but good enough size).

So, does anyone know which place would be best and which size room/villa? How many points would we need to rent at said place? Is there anywhere that explains this is "DVC for Dummies" language????

Any info available would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! We are WDW vets, just not DVC. Thanks!!!

You might want to start by reading the informational threads at the top of the Rent/Trade Board. They do have a lot of information there about suggestions for renting.

You are talking about a very busy time at WDW and some of the answers to your question will depend on how you want your party housed. If you all want to stay in the same villa - you'd need a Grand Villa (those are available onsite at OKW, BWV and SSR). If you want other configurations, the cost will depend on what type of villa you want (one for each family? , how many in a room?, etc.).

There are DVC point charts available thru the link at the upper right of this board. That should give you a rough idea about the cost - but you should also have an idea what accommodations would cost directly thru Disney for comparison. Points at DVC resorts are about double on weekends vs weekdays, so keep that in mind when deciding what dates you want.

Each resort has a different theming, so if that is a consideration for you be sure to have some idea in mind before making a request. Reservations may be made 11 months ahead of the dates you want to travel so you still have several months to make these decisions before finding someone willing/able to make the reservation. The 11 month priority is available to those who own at each resort, so you will need to know where you wish to stay as not all members who rent may be able to help you at 11 months except at their specific resort.

Good luck with your decision!

If you were planning on Dec 07/Jan 08, you are probably too late to get anything, especially a GV. And a GV is not that inexpensive during that time. Christmas is one of the highest point times.

You might be able to get two Ft Wilderness cabins for that time (they each sleep six). Or two All Stars Family Suites (they each sleep 6 as well). Off site, you could stay at the Doubletree Guest Suites (each sleep 6) or the Buena Vista Suites (there is a special noted at the top of the page where all the threads are listed).

Good luck in finding something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter