DVC preview for Tiana's Bayou

I have a resort reservation but why’s it say you need a park reservation? I have the 4 day pass so I didn’t need reservation.I have BBb and CRT reservations for that day. Will I still be able to get into the park?

"A theme park reservation is also required if using applicable ticket media on the event date."

I think that applies to people using AP tickets? I thought they were the only ones still required to make reservations.

I never seem to get the DVC emails. Does anyone know where I will be able to find the link? The DVC site says to check the News & Alerts section, but the only news section I can find takes me to the blog page.

Edit: I've now been told where to see the news. Hopefully I'll be able to find the link there on Thursday!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a difference between the AP and DVC previews? I'm guessing not - we'll be there over a long weekend where we'll have a shot at both, we are excited!

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the AP and DVC previews? I'm guessing not - we'll be there over a long weekend where we'll have a shot at both, we are excited!
I'm sure the experience will be the same, just that each has their own specific times

They are on different days and AP is going to be VQ day of where DVC is early registration on the 16th of May. We will be there starting 6/15 and will try VQ for the 16th.

We did AP and DVC previews for GotG and no difference in the experience for that one that I can recall; just different days.

I'm not planning on doing this, but just so I'm understanding the process correctly, it seems like in order to be eligible you must have already made a reservation (using points) by 5/12 for one of these dates, correct? i.e you can't be eligible by making a reservation today.

If so, that's probably for the best (I just checked the availability tool and there is already extremely limited availability for both dates), but glad I participated in the GotG preview before they implemented all these stipulations (reservation must use points, park pass required, etc). But who knows with Disney IT; maybe it would still let you sign up on Thursday if you booked something today.

I've had my hotel booked for a while, but I'm wondering if I won't be eligible because I haven't bought tickets yet?

In order to attend, you and the number of guests on your resort reservation as of May 12, 2024 must have a valid theme park admission to Magic Kingdom® Park

I guess I could buy tickets today and hope for the best on Thursday!

I never seem to get the DVC emails. Does anyone know where I will be able to find the link? The DVC site says to check the News & Alerts section, but the only news section I can find takes me to the blog page.

Edit: I've now been told where to see the news. Hopefully I'll be able to find the link there on Thursday!
Could you please share with me where you see the news. Thank you so much!

Of course we missed the cutoff. I actually made our DVC reservation YESTERDAY (well I booked it for November initially, then moved it to June 18th yesterday when I realized we could do a quick escape). So I missed the 5/12 deadline for a reservation. We missed out on the Annual Passholder drop. Our flight is actually 5/18 in the afternoon, so we likely can't do the 1pm virtual queue for that day for APs. Sadly we are leaving late afternoon on 5/19 to fly home, so we can't even hope that there would be a late chance at riding that day.

So the stars just are not going to align with us for this trip for the preview, which is probably for the best. Of course the crowds those days at MK will be insane, so we will probably need to focus on visiting other parks during our trip...and just riding Guardians instead which is our favorite.

We will be back in October and will just have to try to ride it then!

Of course we missed the cutoff. I actually made our DVC reservation YESTERDAY (well I booked it for November initially, then moved it to June 18th yesterday when I realized we could do a quick escape). So I missed the 5/12 deadline for a reservation. We missed out on the Annual Passholder drop. Our flight is actually 5/18 in the afternoon, so we likely can't do the 1pm virtual queue for that day for APs. Sadly we are leaving late afternoon on 5/19 to fly home, so we can't even hope that there would be a late chance at riding that day.

So the stars just are not going to align with us for this trip for the preview, which is probably for the best. Of course the crowds those days at MK will be insane, so we will probably need to focus on visiting other parks during our trip...and just riding Guardians instead which is our favorite.

We will be back in October and will just have to try to ride it then!
We're resigned to ride it next March if we don't get in for our week in June. I generally don't do G+ for MK, but might to include this for a day in March if we need to.

Previews just happen to be the week I’m there.

Was able to switch my AP park reservation to MK for the 12th, so I can try then. I already had MK reservations for the 16th and 17th so can try for those AP VQ’s.

Gives me 3 days so hoping to get one. Last DVC preview I did was FOP ages ago!

I'm afraid I screwed myself. I see that you had to have a reservation made by 5/12 to qualify for the preview. We did indeed have an eligible reservation made before that day for 6/19 - but at like 8am this morning I called MS to combine that reservation with a connecting reservation - and they are going to cancel the one stay that included 6/19 to combine it with the other one.

Think I'll get shut out?? So frustrating! We are out of state and just happened to have a DVC res that day. I do have an MK park reservation also. Hopefully their eligible list was pulled on 5/12 or 5/13 and my reservation will still be eligible, but I now have a different reservation #

I'm afraid I screwed myself. I see that you had to have a reservation made by 5/12 to qualify for the preview. We did indeed have an eligible reservation made on that day for 6/19 - but at like 8am this morning I called MS to combine that reservation with a connecting reservation - and they are going to cancel the one stay that included 6/19 to combine it with the other one.

Think I'll get shut out?? So frustrating! We are out of state and just happened to have a DVC res that day. I do have an MK park reservation also.

When did you make the ressie they combined it with? In any event, I would definitely call MS

Another question - I have two memberships, one eligible for membership extras and one not. Do we think the reservation for 6/19 has to be booked with the direct contract or do we just have to be a member eligible for membership extras??

ETA: just called and asked this and FYI for anyone in this situation, the reservation has to be made with the the eligible membership number. Since both my contracts are on the same membership number, we are good to go!

Last edited:
They were both made before 5/12. Think I should just call and cancel the merge request?

As long as they were made before 5/12, I would think you’re ok no matter which reservation number they retain… don’t think they can “split” that day off once the merge has been completed.

I think you’ll be fine but I would call to verify. Fingers crossed for you!

As long as they were made before 5/12, I would think you’re ok no matter which reservation number they retain… don’t think they can “split” that day off once the merge has been completed.

I think you’ll be fine but I would call to verify. Fingers crossed for you!
Just called and DVC member services says it won't be an issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter