DVC ressie with no tickets

have to agree right now especially since I would have to buy 7 APs so that's definitely out for the moment, especially without a discount.
You could buy tickets for the # of days in your resort reservation, then upgrade when you get to WDW. Would that work?

The 24th is also only for 2021 tickets. I think different CMs give different answers,

So, on the 24th, I’d call if I had a DVC 2021 trip with no tickets

Interesting! I read it as only ROOM ONLY Disney bought to upgrade to PACKAGES and technically if you rent DVC and then buy tickets that isn't a package in Disney's eyes as you didnt get a cash room from Disney you rented points. I guess I can try :)

Interesting! I read it as only ROOM ONLY Disney bought to upgrade to PACKAGES and technically if you rent DVC and then buy tickets that isn't a package in Disney's eyes as you didnt get a cash room from Disney you rented points. I guess I can try :)

When Disney comes out with those things, they only address cash situations.

But, technically, a DVC reservation is room only, so it should be counted as being part of the people who can get tickets for 2021 on the 24th.

You are correct that it doesn’t turn it into a package, but it should still qualify!

When Disney comes out with those things, they only address cash situations.

But, technically, a DVC reservation is room only, so it should be counted as being part of the people who can get tickets for 2021 on the 24th.

You are correct that it doesn’t turn it into a package, but it should still qualify!

I guess I will try calling on the 24th then! I am guessing the general Disney number? IDK how I missed this, but I appreciate the clarification.

Well, Disney decided existing ticket holders are the priority Again, I said this before, no matter what order they decided, people would be unhappy.

IMO, I do not think onsite guests without tickets should be allowed to jump in front of those who bought tickets as tickets get you in the park

Everyone had an opportunity to purchase tickets for 2020 trips up to May 28th, 2020. I get why people wait as until FP, no need to have them, or had to delay for costs, etc.

But, obviously some offsite guests did choose to buy them way ahead of time, and therefore, get to try first,

Not something everyone will agree on. As I said, some AP ticket holders believe they should have been allowed to book at the same time as onsite guests too,

Only people really happy right now are those with tickets and onsite reservations.
I get what you are saying but with us we didn't get our tickets right away because we figured we would have time to get them and didn't think we needed to rush into it. Had I known this was gonna happen I would have gotten them at the same time we made our resort reservations. Honestly I can deal with not being able to call tomorrow since we don't have the tickets. That's fair but I don't understand why we then have to wait until the 28th and can't do it on the 24th. That is what I'm frustrated with. I'm gonna call on the 24th just in case though.

I get what you are saying but with us we didn't get our tickets right away because we figured we would have time to get them and didn't think we needed to rush into it. Had I known this was gonna happen I would have gotten them at the same time we made our resort reservations. Honestly I can deal with not being able to call tomorrow since we don't have the tickets. That's fair but I don't understand why we then have to wait until the 28th and can't do it on the 24th. That is what I'm frustrated with. I'm gonna call on the 24th just in case though.
For me your lucky to call on either day, two in my group dont have tickets for our 2020 trip and have to wait until who knows when and even then access might be sold out.

We were planning on purchasing Gold APs, since we are planning on going 3 times in a 12 month period, but now sales of those passes has been shut down. We do have some old MYW 6 and 7 day tickets, so I assigned those to everyone's account so I can make park reservations tomorrow.
We then plan on purchasing APs when sales reopen. My only fear is that if we ask Disney to prioritize the newly purchased APs in place of the old MYW tickets we used to make the park reservations they will cancel our park reservations.

If you are talking tickets for 2021, many CMS have said the 24th...but some said the 28th...so again, not clear.

My post is about 2020 tickets which will not be available to anyone until later this summer. Of course, Disney has not defined that sl as far as we know, that could be two weeks from now.

Again, I get why some people didn’t buy tickets yet for 2020...my point was though, that some people did and those people...regardless of where they are staying...get priority into the system for 2020 dates.

We were planning on purchasing Gold APs, since we are planning on going 3 times in a 12 month period, but now sales of those passes has been shut down. We do have some old MYW 6 and 7 day tickets, so I assigned those to everyone's account so I can make park reservations tomorrow.
We then plan on purchasing APs when sales reopen. My only fear is that if we ask Disney to prioritize the newly purchased APs in place of the old MYW tickets we used to make the park reservations they will cancel our park reservations.

Someone in another thread said that the priority of tickets will not change and cancel out the park reservations. They included the Screenshot of the chat in the thread,

So, I think as long as someone always has a valid ticket, those are safe! Just be sure to not reassign the other pass until the voucher and AP is there!

We fully committed to a WDW trip almost a year out when we rented DVC for Jan 2021. We can't easily back out of this trip like we could have with the 9 other direct WDW package trips we've taken over the past 6 yrs. Our commitment to this trip is 100% because otherwise we lose our money. A direct package can be backed out up to 30 days prior and requires a much smaller monetary and refundable investment. Just doesn't sit right unless they want us to view DVC like a crap shoot.

Not for 2020 yet. Nothing will be sold until after this initial time when park reservations open. There is an email out there from a TA who said they are thinking 2020 sales should resume in a few weeks.

Officially, Disney said later this summer....

By at the gate I meant day of. I do not think gate ticket windows are open now. It was an off question away from this reservation madness.

By at the gate I meant day of. I do not think gate ticket windows are open now. It was an off question away from this reservation madness.

I think once ticket sales open back up, I am sure...they did say that going forward people would know if they can get the date they want before buying....

The 24th is also only for 2021 tickets. I think different CMs give different answers,

So, on the 24th, I’d call if I had a DVC 2021 trip with no tickets
That’s what ticket services told me today. Call them on the 24th since they open before DVC.

Maybe the work around for those of us with 2020 reservations and no tickets is to book a 2021 DVC stay and buy tickets when 2021 ticket sales open up. I think it would certainly work for people who buy APs. I have a 2021 reservation already in place for my birthday in April.

Maybe the work around for those of us with 2020 reservations and no tickets is to book a 2021 DVC stay and buy tickets when 2021 ticket sales open up. I think it would certainly work for people who buy APs. I have a 2021 reservation already in place for my birthday in April.

Yes, if AP sales open up on the 24th, it should work for sure! And any 2021 tickets would work to allow you to book April if you cant get an AP.

And I should be able to use my AP in October 2020.

Correct. However, the fact they shut down APs on Friday, I am not sure they will open them back up with the 2021 ticket sales, but we won’t know for sure until the 24th.

Last edited:
Do they expect people to jump on board with buying Riviera after this disaster? Please spend 10s of thousands of dollars on our shiny new resort. Oh, but you can only stay there. You cant get into the parks because you cant buy tickets. Sorry
You’re upset and have every right to be. I think you are also forgetting that even with a ticket, you are still NOT guaranteed a reservation to get in the park. Talk about adding insult to an injury...🤦‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter