DVC Trust Based Ownership Article

Trust feels like another area where those who are informed and book at opening booking window are able to fill the most desired resorts/rooms available to trust owners.

So many DVC members do not book at 11 months. Even those who own at highly desired resorts. Instead, they book between 7+1 - 11 month home booking. They may be in for a surprise. I suspect it will get worse over time because some less in demand resorts will eventually be added/built.

Should be fun when trust has to explain buyer was told about RIV, PVB, etc in the trust but all those rooms are gone by 10.5 months for Christmas time. Then the 7 month window opens and all that is available is some resort the buyer never wanted to stay at.

People complained about basic DVC.
Then restrictions came and people complain about that.
Trust will give one more thing for people to complain about.
On top of that, people will complain that Disney has 3 different systems in the last 10 years of direct sales.

Never thought DVC would change more often than I trade in my cell phone for a new one. :headache:

Trust feels like another area where those who are informed and book at opening booking window are able to fill the most desired resorts/rooms available to trust owners.

So many DVC members do not book at 11 months. Even those who own at highly desired resorts. Instead, they book between 7+1 - 11 month home booking. They may be in for a surprise. I suspect it will get worse over time because some less in demand resorts will eventually be added/built.

Should be fun when trust has to explain buyer was told about RIV, PVB, etc in the trust but all those rooms are gone by 10.5 months for Christmas time. Then the 7 month window opens and all that is available is some resort the buyer never wanted to stay at.
Based on my experiences with everything else DIS, people would be lucky to get rooms at Christmas at the desirable resorts more than 2 minutes after booking window opens, let alone 2 weeks! It will be rough no matter what but so much rougher if the trust is 10% RIV points, 10% VDH points, 25% AUL points, 5% VGF points and 45% random SSR/OKW/VB/etc that they’ve ROFRd and haven’t unloaded yet.

As an owner at 3 harder to book resorts, I can’t begrudge DVD an equal right to book at 11m for the exact number of points that they own the deeds for…but if they get even a slight hint of advantage I will be furious/litigious. Even without an advantage, it’s still bad for existing owners because if the trust gets 5% of all VGF points, it’s almost guaranteed that at least some trust members will be trying to book it at every popular date they can, whereas if that 5% was spread among private owners, there are probably days nobody would be trying to book for…I guess what I’m thinking is that, even at best, the most competitive dates are going to become even more competitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter